Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-10-2018, 06:12 PM   #1
slimebucket
Generation 1
Eastside Dodge dealership in Calgary are scammers

Not really having that great of a day...

Stupid car Eastside dodge dealership lied to me when I got my car inspected, (told me I have a month after inspection to get car registered, it was actually 14 days... but the registry was closed for xmas and I wasent able to get into one 20 days later.

The dealership basically told us we need to spend another $200, and actually LAUGHED at us when they told us about it.

My girlfriend is still crying because of it

now I have to cancel a family trip to Edmonton where I was going to buy a used collection of transformers

we just moved here to get away from scummy scam artist like chumps from Vernon BC... my wife has been saying everyone in Calgary has been pretty rude to her, but I didn't pay the complaints much mind, but now I see it. Every grocery store, every mechanic, everywhere we go we get treat as if we are stupid kids bothering them, and that there is NO way we could ever know what we are talking about.

Dont go to eastside dodge dealership for anything. I honestly can't believe their workers laughed at me. First place I called to do a inspection wants to charge $68

FAR CRY FROM $190!!! I could get 3 cars inspected! hat upsets me Is 3 weeks ago when I got it inspected I spent over $1000 their. Got a full detail, inspection, new filters, ect ect. So I called them up after all this complaining about how the worker laughed at my wife and asked them if they would be willing to give a discount on the second inspection because it was how they lied to us that caused the problem to begin with. The guy on the phone told me "thats how much it costs, sorry, we cannot discount it. We have to do a full inspection at $190. That cost is justified because we pay mechanics $120 an hour and a inspection takes over an hour. Sorry, there is nothing we can do."

So i called around looking for inspection prices... everyone gives us same price of $65. The guy at hte dealership straight up lied to me.

Last edited by slimebucket; 01-10-2018 at 06:21 PM.
slimebucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:58 PM   #2
Chigimus
Masterpiece
Re: Eastside Dodge dealership in Calgary are scammers

Hey Slimer,

Welcome to the boards! Sorry to read about your bad experience with that dealership, but most of those places do fuel the stereotype of "stealership" for a reason.... Not sure if this is your 1st vehicle or if things are simply just different in BC, but cost wise, any dealership shop is going to charge more for labor than a non-dealer mechanic. And the requirement for you to re-buy another vehicle inspection is government regulated, not a scam from the dealer. Out-of-province vehicle inspection reports have to be submitted to a Registry office within 2 weeks of completing the inspection because otherwise the government feels that any number of things could happen to change the health of your ride to become unroadworthy and therefore needs to be re-assessed again. IIRC, the OOP VIR's are numbered, which is how the government tracks them so because they're tracked, mechanic shops have to associate them an actual work order, and therefore actual time must be spent to examine the vehicle, even in your case where they have to re-examine it. The form can't be completed with a bunch of arbitrary check marks, and the shops aren't going to pay their mechanics for zero work done. It's unfortunate you misunderstood the deadline and missed it, but that's part of the growing pains with moving to another province.

OOP VIR's are also more specialized than a "inspection"; there are more checkpoints on the vehicle to review. That might be why you've been getting some variations in your quotes. Stealerships will likely still charge the most, but other shops may or may not realize what you want is an OOP VIR instead of a regular VIR done so it's good to be clear about what you're asking for from them.

As for the shitty service/treatment that you and your wife got them, that's a shame for sure, but most of the NE is pretty ghetto unfortunately. I'm not saying everyone in that corner of the city is a hurtin' unit but the scummy type of demographic it sounds like you tried to escape from Vernon can still be found in the NE too.

That said, if you want a suggestion for a reputable shop with good service in that corner of the city, check out the Minute Muffler on 32 Ave just east of Deerfoot, next to a Shell station. Ask for Ravi. He's well known among the car enthusiasts around town, and even though his shop specializes more in brake and muffler work, they offer a variety of other auto services too and worth checking out. If he asks how you heard about him, tell him a Beyonder sent you; he should know what that means.

Welcome to YYC as well. It's a big city full of plenty of characters, so not everyone is a douche that might belittle you just cuz you didn't know any better, nor a pretentious prick who won't give you the time of day and I would be lying if I said you won't encounter those types of people too, but there are still some laid back, genuinely nice people around here too and Calgary is simply too big (compared to Vernon) to paint everyone with the same brush. Hope you get to meet nicer people as you find your way and place around your new surroundings, and take it from someone who grew up in the ghetto as a kid: if have the means and the chance to move out to a different quarter of the city, you should. Not to say it's not livable there, but if you simply decide it's not working out for you there for whatever reason, give another quadrant a try. Also, if you want to try to interact with more TF collectors locally, check out Calgary Transformers Collectors on FB. Some of the users on these Cybertron boards are more active over there instead. Personally, I prefer these boards, but to each their own.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote