Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: Who Pays the 4% Fee, Buyer or Seller?
Buyer 34 64.15%
Seller 19 35.85%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2017, 01:01 AM   #81
79transam
Machine War
Re: Who Pays the 4% Paypal Fee!?

You're not?
I can't really tell who anyone is save for a screen name and whether they push for not using safe payment options. Lol.
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:03 AM   #82
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79transam View Post
So far most of the sellers who can't seem to empathize with the perspective of a buyer not wanting to buy from them if they run them kinds of ads seem pretty hostile about it.
Plenty of people can empathize, and deem that if in the buyer's shoes, doing a little math isn't of concern to most.

Can you empathize with the seller's side of things?

Quote:
Maybe someone else will chime in whom it doesn't trigger.

This thread so far is about what people think, it was the point. I've been pretty forthright about that. And I really couldn't care less if anyone doesn't change what they do. I just don't care. But as long as I see the 4% ads, it will make me pass without much interest at all.
The only person I see triggered here is you. You say you don't care, but me thinks you protest too much. Especially when you say the same thing over and over and when someone doesn't agree with you, you say you don't care and that it's just an opinion.

If you don't care, how many posts in this thread have you made?

Quote:
By the way man, speaking of hostile, you may want to consider not taking everything personally. Believe it or not, you're not as significant to the internet as you seem to figure.
The personal attack, the last gasp of a person who doesn't have a leg to stand on. That's seems to be your MO, call people arrogant, narcissistic, hostile instead of addressing actual points.

Quote:
That being said man. I can tell from nearly every interaction I have had with you it's not without friction. I think you and I are so polarized in our views it's probably better to just hang up the gloves and agree to disagree. You can list whatever you want however you want, and I can not buy it whyever I want
Sure, but I'm curious if you'll really be able to do that. From your post count in this thread, you haven't been able to so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
Yes seriously. Did I say stressful? No, I said I'd rather not do it. I'm perfectly capable and willing to. But I don't like to. Can you understand that?
So it's not stressful but it's irks you so much that you'd rather pay more than have to do a little bit of math.

Quote:
Anyone who's ever had a mobile plan can attest to my annoyances. Why is it ridiculous to prefer a round price?

But sure, keep condescending.
I'm condescending because its a ridiculously weak point. If you prefer a round price, then doing the math is even easier.

To me complaining about this is equivalent to complaining about having to twist the faucet a little more to stop it from dripping.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:12 AM   #83
ngnaw
Armada

Wow I'm done my popcorn now lol! I've read both sides of the story.

IMO 79transam has his own anal retentive issues about anal retentive sellers. See the problem here? It's all circular and the only solution is for 79transam to avoid those sellers. He can preach all he wants about it, and the sellers "defending" themselves can preach back, but all that is doing is circular opinions on the matter.
ngnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:30 AM   #84
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I haven't made a single sale on this site in half a year, as far as I can recall. I've never asked for 4%, guess I know what I'm doing wrong then.

Honestly, when I have sold stuff it's usually the gift option I receive, I completely forgot about the % take from Paypal as it rarely comes up, and the one time it did in recent memory I just shrugged it off and said, that's the price of doing business.

Now, if you'd prefer to mention this to the buyer as a policy, fine, that's your prerogative. However, you have to bear in mind that it's the prerogative of the buyer to choose to not like it and shop elsewhere if they don't accept that policy.

Going back and forth and arguing the matter serves no realistic purpose I can see, it's just repetitive opinion comments going around and around in an endless circle.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:59 AM   #85
Mega Truck
Machine War

It's like that whole "dusty toy" thread all over again. 2 differing opinions - neither one more right or wrong than the other.
It starts as a question, then evolves into personal attacks.
I like it !
Mega Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:24 AM   #86
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Truck View Post
It's like that whole "dusty toy" thread all over again. 2 differing opinions - neither one more right or wrong than the other.
It starts as a question, then evolves into personal attacks.
I like it !
Was thinking the same and pretty sure Mr 79 started the arguement over in that thread as well
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 10:25 AM   #87
steamwhistle
Crossover

Clearly, whoever posts last is definitively correct.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 10:52 AM   #88
79transam
Machine War

The first thing this thread mentions is that this is a nice debatable topic.
I'm responding back to everything someone says to me.
Or did the defenition of debate escape some here?

Call me whatever you guys want, just don't call me a customer.

Be mad that I make several points. I'm not responsible for your emotional control. That's on you not me.

This thread could have been a very useful tool for people who list things here (or anywhere) to understand how to reach a broader audience. It's apparent to me that human nature is the deterrent for that.

Sunswipe, dude, I don't know why you quoted me saying another persons words but you mights want to fix that. Can I empathize with the sellers you ask? Yes, but only to the point where I help them understand why the 4% stuff dissuaded me. Not to the point where I see their ad as anything more than an uptight, matter of fact, anal retentive pile of words to scroll right on past.

Want more sales? Head out of arse. It's that simple.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:15 PM   #89
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Fine if you know the person. But even then, what if the post office crushes it?
There's no recourse.
All parcels sent with Canada Post are insured up to $100 for free. You really don't sell often, right? Heck, during the last year, I've even had refunds from Canada Post for shipments that showed up late. This has absolutely nothing to do with Paypal. If anything, Paypal is offering a 2nd insurance on top of the one you already have. Granted, your seller could be lazy and just ignore your PMs and not bother making a claim with Canada Post, but really, I've never seen that on this site.

Last edited by Pascal; 10-27-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:23 PM   #90
79transam
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
All parcels sent with Canada Post are insured up to $100 for free. You really don't sell often, right? Heck, during the last year, I've even had refunds from Canada Post for shipments that showed up late. This has absolutely nothing to do with Paypal.
I think you may have missed what I was getting at.

The parcel is covered for the sender.
Paypal covers the buyer. The buyer has recourse through PayPal, the seller has recourse through Canada Post.

Without PayPal buyer protection, there would be significantly less motivation/incentive for the seller to do the right thing if Canada Post or one of its subcontractors crushed or lost the package.

It's not the buyers responsibility to make sure he receives his purchase in the condition it was bought.

Again, for the seller- cost of doing business.

And yes I have sold plenty. I'm set up through PayPal/Canada Post and that's how I do it all. I don't charge 4%. I do flat rate shipping just included in the cost unless requested otherwise. I accomodate. I am open to offers. I win some I lose some. I always throw in freebies. Granted I don't find the climate on this site favorable to sell or trade, but I have had nothing but happy people on IG where I trade and sell among friends. Ebay I've been burned twice. Oh well. Cost of doing business

Last edited by 79transam; 10-27-2017 at 12:31 PM.