Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-06-2012, 03:29 AM   #101
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Whoa, A3U distributes for FP? That's kind of big.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:30 AM   #102
victory_saber
Robot in Disguise

I'm digging the tracks t-shirt!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/opti...rk_portfolio_1

But doesn't spending $25+ on a fan made print t-shirt seem too much?

Don't get me wrong, I'm the first to splurge on some brand name t's but I feel $10 is the max for these type of shirts. Must be all the teefury grab bags I buy that has me buying cheap and hoping for a couple good ones �� Come to think of it maybe I should buy a shirt I like than hoping I don't get stuck with a dud lol
victory_saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:36 AM   #103
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

I'd pay $20 for a nice design but $25 is pushing it if you have to pay for shipping. On the other hand, I WOULDN'T pay for a designer t-shirt. It better be damn special if I'm going to spend more than $25 on a simple t-shirt.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:55 AM   #104
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

How It Should Have Ended: Transformers ROTF...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEdZ-yjxHLI

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:25 AM   #105
victory_saber
Robot in Disguise

Definitely a G1 bias with that ending =p

Why can't fans just appreciate Bay's take on TF's as a super summer Sci-Fi blockbuster? I would have loved to see space alien TMNT, just another take on someone's vision. Fanboys have too much emphasis on pleasing their own fandom and not thinking of what will ultimate interest the mainstream. If it wasn't for Bay's movies do I dare say our TF toyline would continue to look like Armada series and not have MP's and classics =p
Old 12-06-2012, 04:43 AM   #106
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_saber View Post
Definitely a G1 bias with that ending =p

Why can't fans just appreciate Bay's take on TF's as a super summer Sci-Fi blockbuster? I would have loved to see space alien TMNT, just another take on someone's vision. Fanboys have too much emphasis on pleasing their own fandom and not thinking of what will ultimate interest the mainstream. If it wasn't for Bay's movies do I dare say our TF toyline would continue to look like Armada series and not have MP's and classics =p
I just think the HISHE videos are funny (they poke fun at all kinds of movies), is all. I don't mind the movies as a whole...are they all great movies? No. But there's good in bad in all 3 of them so far, I just grade them as standalone movies - I try not to compare them to G1 too much...on the same lines, my buddy is all up in a tizzy about the new Star Trek movie because it messes with what he understands and likes about the original series and subsequent shows - but as a standalone movie, I personally think JJ Abrams did a great job with it.

You're right though, the movies has been keeping the TF market and merchandising alive, so I can't complain about the overall effect they have had

Last edited by thebobkat; 12-06-2012 at 04:45 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #107
victory_saber
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
I just think the HISHE videos are funny (they poke fun at all kinds of movies), is all. I don't mind the movies as a whole...are they all great movies? No. But there's good in bad in all 3 of them so far, I just grade them as standalone movies - I try not to compare them to G1 too much...on the same lines, my buddy is all up in a tizzy about the new Star Trek movie because it messes with what he understands and likes about the original series and subsequent shows - but as a standalone movie, I personally think JJ Abrams did a great job with it.

You're right though, the movies has been keeping the TF market and merchandising alive, so I can't complain about the overall effect they have had
Yea, to stay relevant these franchises need to reboot every so often to appeal to a new generation. I think a good example is the Batman franchise. When 89' Batman came out, Tim Burton showed a darkside of Batman not everyone may have known. If that exact same movie was made today people would deadpan it. IMO the Dark Knight Trilogy nailed the comic style but who knows in another 20 years someone may come along and top it.

BTW are we just using this for TF discussion, if so I apologize if I'm getting off topic. Unfortunately I collect and watch way too many things than just Tf's.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #108
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_saber View Post
BTW are we just using this for TF discussion, if so I apologize if I'm getting off topic. Unfortunately I collect and watch way too many things than just Tf's.
Nope, I pretty sure the point of the thread is for anything you want to talk about, off topic (or on topic)

On a completely different note...Faux Ugly Christmas Sweater shirt...TF style http://www.80stees.com/products/Faux...as-Sweater.asp

Last edited by thebobkat; 12-06-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #109
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

3rd Party "Masterpiece" Shockwave??

http://tformers.com/transformers-fan...9029/news.html

Old 12-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #110
Trans4mers
Energon

Check out tfw 2005 main page. 3P Fan Toys planning on making a G1 Shockwave the size of Mp-10
Trans4mers is offline   Reply With Quote