Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 09-21-2016, 07:02 PM   #1
Jones
Machine War
DX9 Mightron (MP Megatron)- Unboxing the evil tyrant!

My DX9 Mightron arrived yesterday and all I can say is WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

This guy is magnificent. Love it.

Here's a video I shot unboxing him: https://youtu.be/8p5tRQ7ZOEQ
Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:39 PM   #2
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Re: DX9 Mightron (MP Megatron)- Unboxing the evil tyrant!

I was so close to buying it, but the shins put me off. The original leg line art and the final product are very different. It could have been perfect if they stuck to their original plan. Then MP Megatron rumors started so I lost interest. But it is a damn nice looking figure I agree.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:13 AM   #3
Jones
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
I was so close to buying it, but the shins put me off. The original leg line art and the final product are very different. It could have been perfect if they stuck to their original plan. Then MP Megatron rumors started so I lost interest. But it is a damn nice looking figure I agree.
I can understand that. My POV on the rumored new 2.0 MP Megatron from Takara is that even if it is proven to be legit, it's pricing is still going to be at least on-par with the costs of all the 3rd party offerings.

Given the prices of recent MP releases like Shockwave, Ironhide and Ratchet, it's hard to believe that an official MP Megatron is going to be any less than about $150. Probably more if they include the barrel extension and stock, along with all the accessories that they could (mace, dagger, pistol, etc).

If that's the case, and the new official MP Megatron is priced similarly to MP-10, upwards of $200, I still don't think I would bite on it given that DX9's version is only $130, and kicks huge amounts of ass in appearance and quality.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:32 PM   #4
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Looks bad not worth the price
Too chunky
Megatron is not a box
What planet are you from
Apolloyon looks way better.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:55 PM   #5
Pgianos
Banned

Takara 2.0 comimg soon!!!
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:12 PM   #6
Jones
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
Looks bad not worth the price
Too chunky
Megatron is not a box
What planet are you from
Apolloyon looks way better.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:48 PM   #7
Longshot
Pretender

Mightron looks great and it was a tough choice for me, but I went with Despotron. Just because I like the big chunkiness. Will it put me off of MP Megatron 2.0? Absolutely not! Always room for the oft misunderstood and ultimately tragic Megatron.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 01:00 PM   #8
BigWillay
Robot Master

[QUOTE=Jones;708575]My DX9 Mightron arrived yesterday and all I can say is WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

This guy is magnificent. Love it.

Fully agree with this statement!! Got mine Saturday.... and OMG I love him..... He is perfect... the issues with him are minor... and the decision between Despotron and Mightron took at least 2 solid weeks. In the end... I wanted megatron.. not a goaltender!! As for the Apollyon comments.. what crack are you smoking?
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:06 PM   #9
joelones
Beast Machine

Great choice, but then again I'm a bit biased in my opinion - have one coming soon. Hopefully...

Disclaimer: my opinions are solely by own, and in no way are meant to influence / dissuade others from their choices in life, nor do I seek reassurance in my decisions...

But if I were to open my mouth, I'd have to say that I was totally taken aback by all the love Despotron was garnering compared to this fellow over at tfw, which sort of seemed to be the general consensus elsewhere as well. Couldn't understand it. Granted, Despotron's a great intepretation of a Megatron, solid transformation and well built. But porportions/face sculpt(s) are way off the mark (as it compares to geewun of course).

Despotron's face sculpts, one more worse than the other, remind me of those greek theater faces that are intended to express basic human emotions, yet offer zero semblance to the image I have of Megatron in my mind. And of course shoulders/legs are far too bulky.

So back kibble is there, shins, hands all not perfect...but Mightron does indeed offer a compelling transformation himself and reeks of geewunness when posed (isn't that what we're all after?) These issues raised with Mightron, all minor gripes in my mind. So price, face, torso, and overall come-together-ness (if that's even a word) will always trump a clean back and clever transformation. For me at least.

Last edited by joelones; 10-03-2016 at 02:28 PM.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 03:41 PM   #10
79transam
Machine War

http:// http://gcitoys.com/product/dx9-mightron-leg-armor-kit-black/?v=3e8d115eb4b3

Here is a link to a shin upgrade kit.
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote