Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-11-2016, 08:41 AM   #11
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!
Re: Tf con for kids

Some people wear name tags. I will be.

Evil Chefticon
Owner of starscream.ca the new Sunstar's Seeker Sanctuary Home!
Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:41 AM   #12
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

My little guy just turned 3. Has come with me the last 2 years. Last year he's walking. He got run over a few times without a look or a sorry. People are too worried about their toys sadly. So keep an eye out for that.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:58 AM   #13
Jones
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
My little guy just turned 3. Has come with me the last 2 years. Last year he's walking. He got run over a few times without a look or a sorry. People are too worried about their toys sadly. So keep an eye out for that.
Yeah, that would be my cautionary tale as well. It can get REALLY crowded in the dealer room, and while the vast majority of people there are supercool and supernice, there are the occasional 'me-first' people that can make it less pleasant sometimes.

Just keep the littles close, and I'm sure they'll have a blast. The toys, costumes, artwork, and awesome people make it all worthwhile.
Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:54 PM   #14
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!

It depends... I mean I have recently been in positon where children were racing around and ramed into me twice - and I was in a restaurant getting some food. I ended up telling the children that they were in extreme risk at getting hurt. their moms were busy dealing with their own personal convesation and let their children run rampant... I would hope no parents did that at the convention, I would assume m ost times it could be entirely accidental. I can't tell if what I bump into is a person, a backpack or a bag, especially if its low. generally I would appologise if I was aware.

Keep the little ones close though - but remembering myself a s akid... lol.. yeah I was sneaky

Evil Chefticon
Owner of starscream.ca the new Sunstar's Seeker Sanctuary Home!
Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:23 PM   #15
xbrawn
Banned

As a vendor, I'd blow a sale off if I saw someone stepping over a kid or being rude to a little one...

Often the smaller sales meant more than the big bucks to me because the kids appreciated the item more than some of these me first collectors. It's not always about money and your item, folks.
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:11 PM   #16
Stormrave
Machine War

I've seen lots of kids having a great time at TFCon, wearing costumes, posing with cosplayers, playing with their new toys, and enjoying the bustle of a big show.

Only one negative experience: I had a kid, about five, help himself to my Tailgate once, right off my table in the bar. To the kid's credit, he was very careful with the toy and gave it back when I asked, but I really would've preferred he'd have asked first. I'd say yes to something cheap and commonly available at retail, like Tailgate that year; not something I'd want to risk with, say, G1 Deathsaurus....
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:06 PM   #17
xbrawn
Banned

I watched my table like a hawk, kids usually put back the good items, some of the collectors however would want to handle a high end item like a gtr loose on my table, that was the more frustrating part..

Lost a mirror on gtr convoy and someone swiped the umbrella girl and weapon from gtr saber.

But shit happens, just like if you have loose and junker bins it's part of the game if a few figures walk off without being paid for.

You have to be vigilant agianst everyone as a seller not just the kids.

The kids you should be more helpful to and with their parents, kids are always gonna be the low end best buyers.
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:28 AM   #18
Stormrave
Machine War

lol, it wasn't a dealer's table, it was in the bar, where I was eating and playing with my new Tailgate!

xbrawn is right, if you're a seller it's usually not the kids who are going to be the shifty ones.

I love seeing kids coming out of the dealer's room with loose toys that were clearly cheaper than when they were new, with big grins...
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:44 AM   #19
Marcotron
Robot Master

I brought my baby girl (in a Bjorn carrying thing cuz she was 6 months old at the time), to one of these toy shows, I think it was the 80s collector show. Ended up buying her a cheetor baby figure I didn't know existed. She saw it, reached for it, and immediately started chewing on it, so I kinda had to buy it. She still plays with it cuz it's simple to change, flip the head part and it's done. Best $5 toy ever.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:00 PM   #20
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrave View Post
I love seeing kids coming out of the dealer's room with loose toys that were clearly cheaper than when they were new, with big grins...
I wish my little one was like that lol. He keep wanting to buy MOSC G1 Micromasters. He figures there small so they muct be cheap
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote