Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-03-2020, 08:43 PM   #1
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.
Anti Scalper Policies When?

Scalpers keeping up with delivery days and buying up all the stock on a new release, sometimes from multiple locations even, is an issue.

Target started an anti reseller policy. I wonder when other retailers, online and in-store, will start something like this in Canada?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	48030  
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:08 PM   #2
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: Anti Scalper Policies When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
Scalpers keeping up with delivery days and buying up all the stock on a new release, sometimes from multiple locations even, is an issue.

Target started an anti reseller policy. I wonder when other retailers, online and in-store, will start something like this in Canada?
Awesome idea. Hopefully Walmart, TRU and EB Games implement a policy like this.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 12-03-2020 at 09:17 PM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:28 PM   #3
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

Most scalpers dont realize that inserting yet another middle man in the process kills the process. All of them right now are watching for top toy for christmas articles on major sites so they can go out and clear shelves.

This is probably a response to scalping "groups" organizing. There are groups that recently went out and tried to get as many Xbox and PS5's as they could. One in particular were able to order 3500 ps5s to resell.
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:02 PM   #4
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

More retailers need to get things like this in place. An actual customer is a guaranteed revenue stream down the line as opposed to some feckless parasite trying to profit off the latest fad before moving onto the next one.

I don't believe these companies are so short sighted as to simply shrug and figure sales are sales anyway.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:29 PM   #5
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I can't help but wonder if the massive PS5 and Xbox Series X One S etc system sales have been 80% to scalpers. If so, there's going to be a glut of them on ebay/kijiji/craigslist as xmas nears.

Well, at least one can dream of those sob's getting some karma in unsold units.

As for these policies: YES PLEASE. All the US Netflix Soundwave sets are on eBay for $200+. Unless significant quantities of him roll out (pun intended) to stores most of us collectors/fans will never see one.

As with all things in this life, let us refer to the wisdom of old Simpsons episodes:

https://youtu.be/OntGZN-W7SM
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:32 PM   #6
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I can't help but wonder if the massive PS5 and Xbox Series X One S etc system sales have been 80% to scalpers. If so, there's going to be a glut of them on ebay/kijiji/craigslist as xmas nears.

Well, at least one can dream of those sob's getting some karma in unsold units.

As for these policies: YES PLEASE. All the US Netflix Soundwave sets are on eBay for $200+. Unless significant quantities of him roll out (pun intended) to stores most of us collectors/fans will never see one.

As with all things in this life, let us refer to the wisdom of old Simpsons episodes:

https://youtu.be/OntGZN-W7SM
Wherever the wrench is, Hasbro's piss-poor distribution and TON Of exclusives and lousy pre-order this year doesn't help.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:19 PM   #7
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Wherever the wrench is, Hasbro's piss-poor distribution and TON Of exclusives and lousy pre-order this year doesn't help.
Agreed. I'm usually pretty understanding of Hasbro but the ER Soundwave thing especially has me so cheesed off. One of the top 5 most popular Transformers of all time, in his most accurate non-MP release ever, and they single-store exclusive TRICKLE him out one stinking figure at a time to random stores with no clue as to whether enough supply will ever follow (and wave 1 being evidence it may not). Yet they suddenly flood TRU and WalMart with 2019 Siege figures.

My hope is that 2 wrongs will make a right and this Soundwave will get re-released as a Studio Series 86 figure or something.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:56 PM   #8
starsaber89
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Agreed. I'm usually pretty understanding of Hasbro but the ER Soundwave thing especially has me so cheesed off. One of the top 5 most popular Transformers of all time, in his most accurate non-MP release ever, and they single-store exclusive TRICKLE him out one stinking figure at a time to random stores with no clue as to whether enough supply will ever follow (and wave 1 being evidence it may not). Yet they suddenly flood TRU and WalMart with 2019 Siege figures.

My hope is that 2 wrongs will make a right and this Soundwave will get re-released as a Studio Series 86 figure or something.
I honestly love the Earthrise designs however Hasbro has made this line an absolute nightmare to collect. I don't mind if recolors like G2 Megatron or Sandstorm are limited/exclusive but it feels like 70% of the main characters are exclusives. Prowl, Ironhide, Ratchet, Bumblebee, Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust, Thundercracker, Bluestreak, and Soundwave are all exclusives and so limited. You literally have to go on a wild goose chase of pre-orders that don't ship and in store hopping just to get them. Hunting for a few exclusives can be fun but it is just darn right stressful and frustrating to look for such a large amount of exclusives.
starsaber89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 12:58 AM   #9
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsaber89 View Post
I honestly love the Earthrise designs however Hasbro has made this line an absolute nightmare to collect. I don't mind if recolors like G2 Megatron or Sandstorm are limited/exclusive but it feels like 70% of the main characters are exclusives. Prowl, Ironhide, Ratchet, Bumblebee, Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust, Thundercracker, Bluestreak, and Soundwave are all exclusives and so limited. You literally have to go on a wild goose chase of pre-orders that don't ship and in store hopping just to get them. Hunting for a few exclusives can be fun but it is just darn right stressful and frustrating to look for such a large amount of exclusives.

FIVE OF SIX SEEKERS ARE EXCLUSIVES

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 02:28 AM   #10
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

There were reseller prevention measures at the TRUs here. For example only 1 Cobra Island GI Joe exclusive per person or 1 Galaxy Edge SW per person. I personally found the limit of 1 to be too low and I think 2 would've been fine especially if you couldn't get 1 of each different character (for weeks the sign at one TRU said one total figure when there were multiple figures in the wave).

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 12-04-2020 at 02:32 AM.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote