Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #11
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ
Re: Tell me I'm wrong...

Sounds like you have higher priorities, such a kid or a mortgage to worry about or you just don't find it novel anymore? Personally I slowed down a lot on my toy purchases and only get select figures that truly have my interest, but I still enjoy talking about them with the folks here and at conventions such as TFCON.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #12
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Everyone need a break from collecting once in a while. If I didn't I'd have a apartment full of arcade machines and a very unhappy wife.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #13
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

okay, here's an idea for ya ^^

put all your figures away and see how you feel. If you don't see a change then keep them in there until you do.

This way you'll know whether it was boredom or disinterest and you don't risk selling things you'll regret later ^^
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #14
Darth Wave
Alternator

huh... same thing happened to me too. I woke up one morning and told my wife I was going to sell everything. She stopped me and told me to think about it (bless her heart). At the same time a friend also told me to just focus on what I like... ie: Sound Wave, Megatron and Jetfire. Well that's what I did... I do tend to drift off a bit into other things but find myself regreting it.

"Meh"... is something I go threw everyday but no matter what I keep finding myself going back to my TF's
Darth Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #15
tusko
Classic

I go through this all the time.

Take a break, foster other interests. Its transformer fatigue and you'll appreciate them more if you put it out of your mind for a while.

However, do not sell your collection. Store it nicely. It will happily wait for you, and there will be an endless supply of reissues for when you want to hop back into a G1 frenzy. Patience.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #16
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

You're wrong.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #17
Pascal
Banned

Here's the answer you're looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hBTqgCGnhU
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:51 PM   #18
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Ya, I went through this once Armada hit. I was pretty much out of the game until the tail end of Cybertron. I go through this all the time.

I say pack what you have left up and store them. I don't think they are hurting anyone. Best case scenerio is you get the fever back and thank God you didn't sell them. Worst case is you sell them off and then get the fever and have to fork out to replace what you have.

I have sold and re-bought so many figures that I regretted. G1 Jetfire has been in and out of my collection atleast 4 times. As well, the Headmasters...buying them all up cost me probably double what I originally paid. I thank God I did not end up selling off my set of all the G1 US combiners.

SO stick in there...out of sight, out of mind. Then something super awesome will be released and you will slowly come back heh.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #19
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Pull yourself together man ***slaps***

If you sell your Season 1 stuff, you will be sorry. Keep it, it asks very little from you.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #20
Lysist
Alternator

...I can relate.

I am at that crossroad of having most of what I originally set out to get and not liking most of what I see coming. I got in to collecting due to the high end lines like Masterpiece and Binaltech. but really there is not much of this kind of thing out there anymore.

When the BT\Alt lines ended I started buying anything that cought my eye and trying to go after the G1 versions of all the alt molds. I also started to dabble in other lines and would allow myself to get caught up in the "got it right away" thing. Now I regret this almost all the time. I have decided to go back to high end stuff and I am only buying domestic stuff on sale or of the boards.

One of the things that is frustrating about or chosen hobby is all the remolding and repainting. How meny times have you been choked by a repaint/mold that comes out that is better then the original you already have.

I agree with everyone else. Don't sell your favourites. store them and see if you miss them. Even if you don't right away, you may down the road. better to have something and not need it, then need it and have to buy it again.

Last edited by Lysist; 03-05-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Lysist is offline   Reply With Quote