Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #11
Vain
Spin Drive Smasher
Re: I'm having a collection crisis of sorts.....

The majority of my collection is classics and anything related to g1, however I came in late and missed most of the movie stuff aswell.

I have less then 10 movie figures and I do like them, alot actually however they feel somewhat out of place and I actually feel bad sometimes for having them displayed in the same cabinet as my G1 guys. It's easier for me to keep mine because I picked up figures who aren't totally movie-verse (Tomahawk,Terradive,Jetblade,Swerve,Mindset) and the other two are the tuner twins which my gal really enjoyed.

So sometimes I feel like I'm in the same position as yours but my collection is small so I could live with them, if oyurs is indeed as big as you say, try trading them to a friend or as others mentioned, post em on here. There's always new collectors and I'm sure they'd be willing to get their hands on those figs that passed.

"They can't beat the Best"

Follow me on Instagram: @Dropdead_Charlie
Game with me on PsN: Dropdead_Charlie

-------------------------------------
Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #12
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witterquick View Post
Thing is, I don't hate the entire line, just about.....60-70% of it. Some figures (Leader OP, Leader SS,) are just amazing in every aspect, some are just damn cool (HA Jazz, Bludgeon) and I have a soft spot for out-there altmodes (Ransack, Ejector).

I think i'll end up picking and choosing some to keep, and sell/trade the rest. At the least I should be able to make a little money, and trim down the collection for more RtS/Generations that I like. Which is all of them.
Your feeling the way 90% percent of people feel when it comes to the movie stuff.

I think you've got your answer already.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #13
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

A good piece of advice I've heard when it comes to declutterng is this: An item must be either beautiful, or useful, to keep. Adapted to Transformers, I'd say if it displays really, really well (such as the Animated line, Masterpieces, the '84/'85 cast, etc) or are figures you keep playing/fiddling with (Classicsverse, BW & small figures for me!) then I can more easily justify keeping them. I suppose a third part of that could be sentimental value, as I'd probably never sell the few figures I still have from my childhood.
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #14
Hellboy
Alternator

I felt like that once. I sold every G1 figure from my childhood over 20 years ago and now I wish I hadn't.
I'm not certain what love the Bay Transformers will retain in time as it still seems the classics (or at least classic designs) hold the highest favour but I'd say hold on to them unless you really need the spare change you'll get form them at the moment.
For me I got back what I paid for my G1's but in hindsight they were worth more in sentimental value and I should have just kept them.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:01 AM   #15
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

i got rid of mine (full collection of tftm minus a couple i kept) and haven't looked back, got a couple here and there from rotf, and will keep those just because i didn't go crazy and made very slow decisions on them, and some i could squeeze into the classics collection without much effort,

if you want to get rid of them, and from the sounds of it you do, put them up here, and if they don't sell after a bit put the whole lot on ebay,

you won't get what you paid back most likely, unless you wait until the mehteck stuff is out in full force and everyone that starts collecting with that movie wants the superior versions of some of the characters

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:38 AM   #16
CBII
Animated

Sell em...if you can.

At one point I was buying anything that was on sale and cheap....it didn't take long to realize that this was foolish.

Now I'm very selective. I buy what I like a main characters.

In the end it's your collection and only you can define it.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:47 AM   #17
Protoman
The Legend

The big issue is having the best "representation" of the character. Every year, every wave, they one up the last of that Movie character. Like what is the BEST Bumblebee....... whatever your answer is, it's void come 3-4 months. Ditto for Ironhide or even Screamer
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:25 AM   #18
Autovolt 127
Animated

Only keep the bayformers that appeared in the movie atleast.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #19
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

I feel your pain brother. I too have never sold a figure but am seriously contemplating the sale of my Movie figs (both films). I am in the midst of mentally letting go of a lot of figures and only keeping my G1, BW, BM, Animated and Classics....and I will be collecting TF Prime.

I will be letting go of my A/E/C, real gear, 6" tites, Maybe RID and Movie figs.

WOuld you all recommend Ebay or these sale sites. I don't want to make a profit from these things but I'm not looking to let the go for next to nothing either.
Transbot90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #20
Witterquick
Unabashed Cosmos Fanboy

Thanks for all the replies and advice. I'm gonna look hard at the collection this week and see what is absolutely must-keep, and most likely get rid of the rest.

I know i'll be picking up some DotM stuff, for the new characters at least. And the TF:Prime main characters as well this year, plus the Gen/RtS stuff I like, plus MP Roddy needs a space.......

It just never ends does it?
Witterquick is offline   Reply With Quote