Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
protoform_ironhide
Commander
Which transformers figuers from the movie are must have?

Hi, everyone, i am a noob to transformers stuff. I am going to start collecting now after watching the movie, so am I too late? I got my first transformer yesterday, which is Optimus Prime and Megatron from the movie. I see some other movie figuers which aren't in the movie. Like a cell phone like and Binoculars like ones. There is some like swindle and wreckage...what are they? Are those neccessary to collect if I start collect now? I am thinking of buying more later like Starscream, Ironhide, and the hummer guy.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:26 PM   #2
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Re: Which transformers figuers from the movie are must have?

You only have to collect what you like. They have made toys of other characters that are in the video game, if you want to buy them that's up to you.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:34 PM   #3
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Yes, get the one that you like the best

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:16 PM   #4
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Ok. Because my friend said some I must get, so I am just wondering. I was watching the movie, and there the Helicopter guy looks very huge. I forgot his name, why does it look so tiny compare to the movie? I don't think I want that one. I thought he should be the same size like Optimus Prime. Is there a big one for that Helicopter guy?
Old 07-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
dak
Master Creator

Blackout is only that size cause hasbro had to make decepticons fit all size classes. If they were to be 100% in scale a lot of them would be in the leader size, and only 2 in the deluxe size. All the autobots are in scale with eachother. And I take back my statement in another thread about Leader Prime being too big. Prime is actually that big compared to the others. Hasbro is talking and working on getting some larger decapticons, just like they have done with Brawl. but overall, the autobots are in scale with each other, and not in scale with SOME of the decepticons.

IMO, if you are a fan of the movie, and you are just getting toys because of the movie, I suggest getting all the ones that appeared in the film. The "extra" characters are optional. They are really cool, but only ones to purchace if you think they are really cool. Wreckage I like cause he has a cool bot mode, and he was actually in the running to be in the film.

But in the end, it's all up to you. Get the ones you like, or go for the entire line!
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:03 PM   #6
Protoman
The Legend

In terms of quality (and I bought it all despite a lot of that), I suggest Leader Prime, Deluxe Barricade, Voyager Blackout, Ratchet, Ironhide and Starscream. Megatron is a hard buy in any level. Also some figures I love due to their charm but others might disagree...... so while I love Boncrusher, others might not.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Yes, that Bonecrasher guy should be same size as Optimus Prime right? Or maybe just a little bit smaller? The toy is again, too small. There is this Devastator guy, the figure has wrong name, and I think he is also way bigger than Bumblebee. I actually like the Helicopter guy a lot, but he is just too small. Remember the beginning when he just came out? He is very cool, he shoots a cannon, everything around him just blow up! And he also got missiles, that part in the movie amazed me!! And now that is what I call a Devastator, haha. I am going to learn more transformers stuff, and hopefully I will keep collecting the other ones that comes out after the movie.

Last edited by protoform_ironhide; 07-04-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:42 PM   #8
dak
Master Creator

the characters name is actually called Brawl, it was an error in the movie. that toy is getting an upgrade to a tank with a robot mode the size of optimus. Hasbro is in metings this week to see if they want to make Bonecrusher in a voyager class, and maybe some other characters larger.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:49 PM   #9
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Thank you, dak!! Now i am so excited about Devastator/Brawl!!!! I must buy it! So as Bonecrasher if it is going to be a medium size! Hope they will make Helicopter into big big one like Optimus Prime! Then Hasbro shall deserve my money.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #10
Aernaroth
Metroplex

You might also want to check out the really small "legends" scale ones. The detail isn't really there, but they're tiny, and especially in the case of barricade, pretty well done for their size.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote