Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-29-2015, 10:53 PM   #11
tz101
Machine War
Re: Any play Disney Infinity?

Bought the set from Best Buy, I do not understand the online gameplay. Is there no matchmaking where you can play with other people ?
tz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:10 AM   #12
KoreanInferno
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz101 View Post
Bought the set from Best Buy, I do not understand the online gameplay. Is there no matchmaking where you can play with other people ?
I think online multiplayer for 2.0 is restricted to the toy box only. I'm not sure about 3.0 though. I'm still finishing up 2.0.

Edit: I just noticed you're in BC too. I have extra discs and if you have any to trade that would be awesome.
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/vgm/5231136616.html
KoreanInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:45 AM   #13
Beechy
The Veteran.

I have Infinity, but probably switching to make room for Lego Dimensions.
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:35 PM   #14
jtkv
Robot Master

My son just started to play DI 2.0 Marvel Super Heroes starter pack and Guardians Of The Galaxy playset. He likes them alot!

Will have to get the cross-over characters as mentioned above, Hulk, Rocket Racoon and Nova.

Spiderman playset looks similar to the Starter Pack, so may pass on that, unless you guys suggest otherwise.

Now, how and when do you use the power discs and what do they do?

What about the other figures? I don't see any playsets for Baymax, etc.. Are those only playable with the Toy Box starter kit?
For Sale List thread

Last edited by jtkv; 10-09-2015 at 10:10 PM.
jtkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 11:03 PM   #15
KoreanInferno
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkv View Post
My son just started to play DI 2.0 Marvel Super Heroes starter pack and Guardians Of The Galaxy playset. He likes them alot!

Will have to get the cross-over characters as mentioned above, Hulk, Rocket Racoon and Nova.

Spiderman playset looks similar to the Starter Pack, so may pass on that, unless you guys suggest otherwise.
Sorry for the late response.
Spiderman playset is different. First off web-slinging is really fun and if you're getting Nova he's in the pack with Spider-man and the spiderman playset.
Also, it's really cheap at EB Games right now, maybe there's one with stock near you?
https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/715153

Quote:
Now, how and when do you use the power discs and what do they do?
The round discs can be used anytime and usually have a costume change affect along with an added bonus (extra orbs when you defeat an enemy, stronger melee attacks, stronger projectile attacks...etc.) or assist characters show up to help fight for a bit of time. The hexagonal discs are used in the Toy Box and give added toys to play with, cars to drive or textures and skies themed by different Disney properties.

Quote:
What about the other figures? I don't see any playsets for Baymax, etc.. Are those only playable with the Toy Box starter kit?
There's no playsets for the other figures unfortunately. It's only Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers and Spider-man. The rest of the figures that don't belong to those universes can be played with in the toy box. The toy box you can download other toy boxes people have built. It's pretty creative.

If you plan on getting Disney 3.0 there are other playsets that will be fun with all of the characters. Like the Toybox Takeover where you take any character and fight the villians of all the past games.

Toy box speedway which is a basic Mario Kart clone with race tracks themed like 9 Disney tracks (6 Disney, 1 Marvel, 1 Star Wars, and 1 Pixar).

Any other questions feel free to shoot me a pm!
Old 12-06-2015, 10:49 PM   #16
malteselegacy
Long live Galvatron!

I got the 3.0 starter pack for XBOX One and don't care for it.
I thought the SW adventure would be longer.

Wished I never bought it. At least I got it on sale.
malteselegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:17 AM   #17
jtkv
Robot Master

Thanks for your reply KI.

I will wait till Disney Infinity 3.0 goes on a big sale/clearance before getting it... seems they all drop to $20 after a year.
For Sale List thread
Old 01-29-2016, 11:07 PM   #18
prime
Generation 2

Quote:
Thanks for your reply KI.

I will wait till Disney Infinity 3.0 goes on a big sale/clearance before getting it... seems they all drop to $20 after a year.
Just got the 2.0 Marvel Starter pack for $5 clearance, so if you're looking for a waterlevel for a price, that's it.

I'm fine with that price for 2.0, since the base is compatible with 3.0, i.e. all you need is to buy the software for 3.0 which isn't too expensive by itself. Skylanders forced you to upgrade your base every few generations, and Amiibos haven't forced you at all...yet
prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:04 AM   #19
jtkv
Robot Master

Unfortuntely, the Disney Infinity series has been cancelled...

Hopefully there will be blowout sales soon, as I have not bought Disney Infinity 3.0 yet.

Disney's official announcement

This Kotaku writeup explains why... seem Disney wants to transition to a licensing model, and 300 developers will lose their jobs due to the software studio closing.
For Sale List thread

Last edited by jtkv; 05-13-2016 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:45 PM   #20
KoreanInferno
Alternator

Yeah, I read that and it's all right. This way I know there's an endpoint to collecting these! It's not everyone's cup of tea, but the Toy Box has so much potential. I'm looking forward to actually having time to make levels.