Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-17-2020, 10:33 PM   #1
The Nemesis
Alternator
Toys R Us temporarily closes all stores until March 30

https://www.toysrus.ca/on/demandware...ure_letter.pdf

It's my understanding that this is effective immediately, meaning that no TRU locations will be open for business for the next 2 weeks.

It would also mean that any chance of doing something useful with the BOGO50 sale they have going on until Sunday is all but dead considering almost nothing new-ish is available through their website right now (except Red Wing, which isn't sale-eligible to begin with. Though heads up, it's back in stock right now apparently), including all the listed Earthrise deluxes.

Oh well. It's probably the right call because otherwise idiots like me would be out in public places unnecessarily trying to feed our addiction to plastic robot toys.

And at least it means I don't have to endlessly re-check store shelves for the next couple weeks. Also, maybe by the time they've re-opened they'll have accumulated enough Earthrise stock that it's not a frustrating slog through stacks of old Siege stuff to find anything new.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:54 PM   #2
Banshee
Energon
Re: Toys R Us temporarily closes all stores until March 30

It's for the best. I just hope all the employees end up okay, and with a job still when this is all said and done.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:52 AM   #3
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: Toys R Us temporarily closes all stores until March 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
It's for the best. I just hope all the employees end up okay, and with a job still when this is all said and done.

The notice does say that curbside pickup a stores will still be an option, so obviously they're going to have to have at least a skeleton staff in each store in order to fulfill that. It's not the same as a fully staffed store, but at least a few people will get some work hours where they'll probably spend most of the day doing not much of anything.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote