Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: How should I complete my Rumble & Frenzy set?
Get TR Frenzy from that BB movie Cassette Pack 2 18.18%
Get Siege Rumble & Frenzy 6 54.55%
Get United Rumble & Frenzy 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2020, 10:52 PM   #1
Lucid Harbinger
Generation 1
Which Rumble & Frenzy to Get?

My generations collection includes Titans Return Rumble (the red one), but no Frenzy. I assume that one day I'll have a Siege Rumble as I need the Ratbat that he comes with, even if it means paying eBay prices. I've also always been intrigued by United Rumble & Frenzy from years ago. Yeah, they turn into tanks, but these figures seem to better match the general prominence of the characters.

So for those that have experienced all 3 toys, how would you recommend I complete my Rumble & Frenzy set?
Lucid Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 11:13 PM   #2
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.
Re: Which Rumble & Frenzy to Get?

Just throwing it out there as an option but if you just want something that captures the character but dont care if its a KO then there are the MP versions for pretty cheap. I also have a Siege set with Soundblaster, the KOs are better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	46571  
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:08 AM   #3
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
Just throwing it out there as an option but if you just want something that captures the character but dont care if its a KO then there are the MP versions for pretty cheap. I also have a Siege set with Soundblaster, the KOs are better.
Agreed, I have the same set and they are amazing. 1:1 with the official tapes.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:37 AM   #4
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid Harbinger View Post
My generations collection includes Titans Return Rumble (the red one), but no Frenzy. I assume that one day I'll have a Siege Rumble as I need the Ratbat that he comes with, even if it means paying eBay prices. I've also always been intrigued by United Rumble & Frenzy from years ago. Yeah, they turn into tanks, but these figures seem to better match the general prominence of the characters.

So for those that have experienced all 3 toys, how would you recommend I complete my Rumble & Frenzy set?

What do you want out of them? Siege are too tiny if it's "be part of the cast." They're fine but tiny. Titans return is a good size and solid toy, there are good reprolabels and add-ons for him. Did they ever both doing the blue one?

For straight up characters, get united.

I don't have them myself but several friends have the KO mp tapes and swear by them. IF it doesn't bother you to have KO they might be what you are looking for.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 09:15 AM   #5
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

I really liked the TR cassette(tablet) mold
Got (the red one) back in the day, been planning to get (the blue one) in the BB cassette pack someday

I was originally going to skip the Siege cassettes, but since I picked up Soundblaster, and the Selects cassettes for Doubledealer's dudes, now I'm late-taxing the rest (which is stupid considering I saw both cassette legends-class 2-packs on shelves in the past)
They are whatever, I really miss the dudes having elbows

All that said, I don't feel strongly enough to recommend any over the others - just because I like the TR ones, wouldn't wish the "tough" elbows on anyone; the Siege cassette dudes, meh

Never got the Uniteds, can't speculate
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 09:15 AM   #6
OldOfflineMan
Beasty
OldOfflineMan's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Titans return is a good size and solid toy, there are good reprolabels and add-ons for him. Did they ever both doing the blue one?
Frenzy (blue Rumble) was released in the "Target Exclusive Bumblebee Cassette Pack" exclusive. The set also comes with a blue Howlback, a black Buzzsaw with gold trim and a grotesque yellow paperweight. The stickers on Frenzy, Howlback and Buzzsaw reflect old cassette tapes, rather than futuristic data pads.

Buzzsaw seems to be based on TR Laserbeak, but with gold. I prefer this version over the yellow CW one.

I like the size of the TR figures more than the siege ones, but I stuck with the leader class Soundwave, Megatron and Seekers from the older lines.

Last edited by OldOfflineMan; 06-17-2020 at 09:24 AM.
OldOfflineMan is offline   Reply With Quote