Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-18-2014, 01:39 AM   #11
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Re: Light Our Darkest Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
Magnus was the receptical for the matrix ( safe keping) untill the new leader emerged as for weilding the matrix scourge did in season three so that blows the being an autobot/worthyness, the ability to use it... idea out,... as we know how that turned out,.. also the matrix is more that just knowlage as it does alter a transformes size,shape and abilities..

Yah I hear what you are saying and very valid. But in my world season 3 doesnt even exist. Then only does it all makes sense and I can sleep at night.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #12
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

When Prime passed the matrix to UM, Op did say "Ultra Magnus, it is to you old friend that I shall pass the matrix of leadership."

UM says, "But Prime, I'm just a soldier. I'm not worthy."

Op says, "Nor was I, but one day an autobot shall rise from our ranks and light our darkest hour."

UM is/was the highest ranking Autobot and Prime was passing command to him. They both knew that he was a holder of the matrix and would not be the one to rise from the ranks. It could only be used by the chosen one. Example is when UM tried to open it on planet Junk for fight off his destruction by the sweeps and Galvatron. Also Galvatron tried to open inside Unicron and could not. Hotrod opens it with no problems.

Scourage on the other hand did possess the matrix for a short time, but it deformed him and made have a huge lust for power.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:59 PM   #13
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

As a child, I always thought it was "...rise from our wrecks..." which foreshadowed the whole hate plague thing and Optimus being brought back from the dead to light the galaxy's truly darkest hour.

But that's neither here nor there.

I'm of the opinion that it didn't matter what Cybertronian was in Unicron's gut wrestling the Matrix away from Galvatron. The Matrix used that Cybertronian to defeat Unicron. Since Hotrod wasn't up to snuff, he had to be upgraded.

If it were Jazz, or Blitzwing (though Decepticon, he was still a pure Cybertronian compared to Galvatron), or even Wheelie there, they would have been used by the Matrix to save Cybertron.

Galvatron couldn't be used because of his modifications and influence from Unicron.

Scourge, free from Unicron's influence, but not the modifications, became pretty corrupted when he got the Matrix.

Ultra Magnus was more or less good enough as he was (since he pretty much lead the Autobots on Cybertron for about 4 million years in Optimus' absence), a big reason Optimus picked him. He couldn't open the Matrix on the planet of junk because if wasn't all Cybertronian's darkest hour, merely his little group's. If it worked like that, then the very first Prime would still have the Matrix, since it would have been used to save his life. Given the circumstances of the movie, I'd say Ultra Magnus handled himself well as a leader.

Hotrod was better as Hotrod instead of Rodimus Prime. The whole self-doubt was the Matrix's hint to pass it back to Ultra Magnus once S3 kicked off.

As for Optimus' last words, "...rise from our ranks...", Ultra Magnus is being modest and humble about being "just a soldier", since as I said he held things together as a leader in Optimus' absence for 4 frickin million years. After all, soldiers do raise in rank, and it was time for Ultra Magnus to take on the rank of actual leader instead of just emergency command.

But then that's just me reading too much into stuff.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:09 AM   #14
elburrito
Animated

This is fantastic. Not sure I agree, but love the explanation. I guess one difficulty is that the Stan Bush song started when Hot Rod touched the matrix while Optimus was going offline I.e., Hot Rod started to change as soon as he touched the matrix and long before the final showdown. Even if the Matrix was simply gearing up Hot Rod in advance of the final showdown, it must've had Hot Rod in mind for that showdown. It (no doubt out of desperation) chose Hot Rod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
As a child, I always thought it was "...rise from our wrecks..." which foreshadowed the whole hate plague thing and Optimus being brought back from the dead to light the galaxy's truly darkest hour.

But that's neither here nor there.

I'm of the opinion that it didn't matter what Cybertronian was in Unicron's gut wrestling the Matrix away from Galvatron. The Matrix used that Cybertronian to defeat Unicron. Since Hotrod wasn't up to snuff, he had to be upgraded.

If it were Jazz, or Blitzwing (though Decepticon, he was still a pure Cybertronian compared to Galvatron), or even Wheelie there, they would have been used by the Matrix to save Cybertron.

Galvatron couldn't be used because of his modifications and influence from Unicron.

Scourge, free from Unicron's influence, but not the modifications, became pretty corrupted when he got the Matrix.

Ultra Magnus was more or less good enough as he was (since he pretty much lead the Autobots on Cybertron for about 4 million years in Optimus' absence), a big reason Optimus picked him. He couldn't open the Matrix on the planet of junk because if wasn't all Cybertronian's darkest hour, merely his little group's. If it worked like that, then the very first Prime would still have the Matrix, since it would have been used to save his life. Given the circumstances of the movie, I'd say Ultra Magnus handled himself well as a leader.

Hotrod was better as Hotrod instead of Rodimus Prime. The whole self-doubt was the Matrix's hint to pass it back to Ultra Magnus once S3 kicked off.

As for Optimus' last words, "...rise from our ranks...", Ultra Magnus is being modest and humble about being "just a soldier", since as I said he held things together as a leader in Optimus' absence for 4 frickin million years. After all, soldiers do raise in rank, and it was time for Ultra Magnus to take on the rank of actual leader instead of just emergency command.

But then that's just me reading too much into stuff.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:57 AM   #15
justprime
Animated

The question is does the matrix reconise good or bad or is it just a vessel to be used,... scourge did weild the matrix it did corrupt him or did it bring forth/enhance his true nature regardless he was still able to axcess it unlike galvatron or Magnus also if you include the bay movie the fallen (evil) used the matrix for his own purposes ...good/ evil its all a matter of opinion ( megatron doesent consider himself evil just a conquerer its his actions that others deem evil) so is the matrix indifferent to this.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #16
Protoman
The Legend

OH man, loaded topic for me
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #17
dancybak
Generation 1
dancybak's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
The question is does the matrix reconise good or bad or is it just a vessel to be used,... scourge did weild the matrix it did corrupt him or did it bring forth/enhance his true nature regardless he was still able to axcess it unlike galvatron or Magnus also if you include the bay movie the fallen (evil) used the matrix for his own purposes ...good/ evil its all a matter of opinion ( megatron doesent consider himself evil just a conquerer its his actions that others deem evil) so is the matrix indifferent to this.
The Matrix is onlyn a repository of all the wisdom and knowledge collected over millions of years. Even dormant on earth, it still collected knowledge.

I agree about season 3. The point of Rodimus' and Optimus' transformation when they received the matrix was to endow them with the wisdom and power to protect not only the Autobots but Cybertron itself.

Thus Rodimus was given the same knowledge, leadership and values as Optimus. Season 3 doesn't exist for me either. Actually Rodimus iOS one of my favourite Characters.

I look at it this way as has been mentioned... Magnus was the keeper of the Matrix, and because it symbolized Leadership, he was given it. It also showed the Matrix has a self awareness, albeit limited. If the story of it being a part or portion of Primus' being, which Hasbro has endorsed, then it does make sense it would choose anyone it would deem of value to save the planet Cybertron and it's "children".

Either way great topic and while I was sad he died, it is an integral part of the Transformer lore.
dancybak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:33 PM   #18
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

The real autobot who lit their darkest hour was Prime.

Not Douchimus Rodimus...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER-kn-sBSZA