Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-08-2019, 09:09 PM   #31
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: Which Springer is the best?

I have Generations Springer and will probably get the Seige Springer, but FT Apache destroys them all in terms of build quality, presence, and weight. Yes, it is $160, but it's also better than an MP.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:23 AM   #32
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

FansToys Apache. And from the pictures online the upcoming Siege version should be great! Two fine products at two different price points to choose from.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:47 AM   #33
OldOfflineMan
Beasty
OldOfflineMan's Ebay Auctions

Reviving an old thread...

After taking a look at Siege Springer reviews, I still think the Generations Springer is still the best official release version.

Although Siege Springer's robot mode looks like G1 cartoons, I can't help seeing the chopper mode as a car with a rotor added on as an afterthought...

I do like the transformation friendliness of the Siege version (any from Titans Return and later). I find it very hard to make sure everything clicks into place properly in the Generations version.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:42 PM   #34
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfflineMan View Post
Reviving an old thread...

After taking a look at Siege Springer reviews, I still think the Generations Springer is still the best official release version.

Although Siege Springer's robot mode looks like G1 cartoons, I can't help seeing the chopper mode as a car with a rotor added on as an afterthought...

I do like the transformation friendliness of the Siege version (any from Titans Return and later). I find it very hard to make sure everything clicks into place properly in the Generations version.

Not sure if you have a different copy than my Siege Springer, but he is the most difficult to transform in all the Siege figures I have (and I have almost all of them). Everything needs to be pegged absolutely correctly, perfectly otherwise it doesn't work well.

I don't have the Generation version but his cousin Sandstorm, which is a pain to transform, but still looks great, with many comments about Sandstorm is the better version of that mold.

I do like this Siege Springer figure quite a lot, BUT he does have multiple flaws, pretty much the usual like all Siege figures have.

If I was to compare and have to decide, I'd probably go with what I have now, simply because this Springer is better as a cartoon version, and the Sandstorm is awesome as he is, and the difference between them makes them better "together" than if they were both the same mold.... the generation mold of Springer never appealed to me.

Should they do the same and remold him to make a new Sandstorm, they'd have to do a very impressive job to win me over.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 07-16-2019 at 06:46 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote