Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 05-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #101
deagle7000
Transform!
Re: TRU Canada SKUs reveal retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaneofcremona View Post
I remember in Ottawa we got in October a new Toys R Us in town and we had plenty of stock for the masterpiece line for both Optimus and Thundercracker. I had walked in one day and literally saw about 20 MP Primes and 35+ Thundercrackers . This time around definitely not going to be seeing anything close to those numbers.

I remember going the day that opened and my jaw dropped. TRU on Merivale did get both MP's about 10 days later. Less than 10 MP Primes but they didn't sell out for a couple of days. Really hope I can get Soundwave at retail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustx View Post
Bless you if you had the new ShelfLife app to scan and bounce sightings automatically to the rest of us...there would have been a convoy to Ottawa...lol.

James

I remember at least a few people making the trip to that Kanata store from hours away and I bought a couple for other canucks online.
deagle7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #102
MangaSpawn64
Generation 2
Re: TRU Canada SKUs reveal retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metrop

Metroplex shall be mine !!! I'm still debating if I should splurge for the Takara version
MangaSpawn64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #103
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Big warning if you do somehow manage to order SW in-store. My MP10 was on "rain-check" from an October-ish date and it never arrived. No phone calls from TRU at all either. But I had a nice paper print-out with the sale price (and I still do!). I'm guessing the few remaining ones that did arrive from Halloween to before Christmas never made it onto a shelf here.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #104
Tonestar
Star Seeker

I got my MP OP on rain check too but I kept calling and the store's area manager finally got them from their Head Office and brought them personally to the store himself. There were another 3 or 4 there when I picked mine up so other folks did the same as me. The point is if you get a rain check to KEEP CALLING otherwise you won't get it at all and on sale for $69.97 like I did. Thankfully the staff at the store I went to were really nice so if it comes to it I'll rain check again.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #105
BoNKerS
Animated

It's gonna be a GONG SHOW!!! WHOOooOOoOoO!!! Good luck to everyone...
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #106
terrordrone
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNKerS View Post
It's gonna be a GONG SHOW!!! WHOOooOOoOoO!!! Good luck to everyone...

did someone say GONG SHOW???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R28b8XXoXs

Someone once said of Terrordrone: "Not only are you a discredit to Transformers Collectors, but also the general population as well." That is what I get for connecting the dots for people who can't follow along.

terrordrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #107
Robbler
Machine War

I take it we're gonna be waiting a long time for them MP Soundwaves to show up?
Old 07-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #108
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

...patience...it'll be posted on the front page when the first sighting happens. Then the frenzy of finding them will begin. Then people will bitch they can't find any for weeks. Then people will bitch about scalpers and secondary ebay market prices.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #109
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
...patience...it'll be posted on the front page when the first sighting happens. Then the frenzy of finding them will begin. Then people will bitch they can't find any for weeks. Then people will bitch about scalpers and secondary ebay market prices.
...and the people that do find them will post pics in the haul thread of the 4 they picked up "for friends" while simultaneously condemning "scalpers"...and in other threads, people will bash the "idiots" who paid for the Takara version.

...rinse and repeat the fandom progression of North American MP releases ...

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #110
Robbler
Machine War

I was planning on this being my first MP figure. I don't like the sounds of this process.