Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 08-17-2011, 12:30 AM   #11
Evan
Nexus Maximus
Re: Transformers: Prime Episode 22!! [SPOILERS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon View Post
I remember watching the preview commercial for "Beasties" and being totally unaware that it had anything to do with Transformers
Ditto. I remember a friend calling me and saying, "Hey you know that Beasties show? It's Transformers you know." I was like "whhhaa?!" and flipped to the TV guide channel as back then YTV repeated everything 12 times a week, and as luck would have it, it was on in an hour.

As far as this episode of Transformers: Prime, I watched it today. I really enjoyed it. I hope this is leading up to a huge battle that the Autobots can't win, but in the 11th hour Wheeljack (or someone equally as awesome) returns to earth having intercepted the synthetic energon formula, and thus saving the day.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #12
Iacon
Noted Gadabout
Iacon's Ebay Auctions
Re: Transformers: Prime Episode 22!! [SPOILERS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
I hope this is leading up to a huge battle that the Autobots can't win, but in the 11th hour Wheeljack (or someone equally as awesome) returns to earth having intercepted the synthetic energon formula, and thus saving the day.
Hmm... yeah, I didn't really give much thought to the dripping-Sythn-En cliffhanger, but yeah, if Knock Out reverse-engineers the formula, the 'Cons are basically invincible (and the rage-a-hol side effects won't really matter to 'Cons-- that's how they normally act!)

I really dig how this "Energon race" element is being handled. It nicely harkens back to the energy shortage theme of SunbowG1 and really lends a greater sense of urgency to the missions. Reminds me a bit of BW Season 1 where everybody freaked out over a new stasis pod shifting the balance of power in one direction or another...
Iacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #13
Hound
Robot in Disguise
Re: Transformers: Prime Episode 21!! [SPOILERS]

Ya, loving this show!

"It's alright. I'm an emergency vehicle"

And minimal human appearances again!

Also looking for Alternators: Decepticharge, Swerve, Prowl, Rollbar, Nemesis Prime, Rumble.
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #14
mx-01 archon
Generation 1
Re: Transformers: Prime Episode 21!! [SPOILERS]

The best part of this episode was Megatron, hands-down. All of Ratchet's wild antics were just a precursor to the appearance of that monster.

Megatron's not had much opportunity to get his hands dirty in this series, yet. He fought Prime to a standstill in the pilot, but since then, he's done little but stand around and act imposing.

But in just one brief scene, he shows just why everybody's so afraid of him.

So for most of the episode, you've got Ratchet going all Kratos, one-man-army style against the Decepticon horde, over-the-top takedowns and all. An unstoppable killing machine.

Then he takes on the big M. Gets one good blow in, only because Megatron greatly underestimated him. But then Megs gets serious. Stands up to Ratchet, one-on-one, no cheap shots. One punch from Megs, and Mr. Invincible's all bleeding out on the floor, all but dead.

That's just... scary beyond all belief.
mx-01 archon is offline   Reply With Quote