Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-14-2020, 01:57 PM   #2351
RodimusRocks
Machine War
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Have any of you actually spoken with the police concerning the fact this item keeps getting "lost" in Halton Hills?

On a related note I once again spoke with CS and they ordered me a replacement. We'll see what happens.

Last edited by RodimusRocks; 11-14-2020 at 02:07 PM.
RodimusRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 03:55 PM   #2352
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

So here's something weird, my Runamuck being shipped by Intelcom was "delivered" today at 5:18 pm... But it's not even noon yet. I'm not actually home so I can't confirm for sure, but that certainly seems fishy. This is the exact same shipment that had no information yesterday. I feel like at the very least they're falsifying tracking info.

It was also received by the courier and delivered all within the same day, which makes sense because they're in the same city, but Amazon told me it was shipped days ago. So they're lying about when they're shipping things, which may be the root of the problem here. They could be "shipping" imaginary shipments so they can keep to their arbitrary deadlines and look good for the higher ups. So all these packages getting "delayed" or "damaged" don't even exist, so of course they don't show up. They're just struggling to stay on top of things and trying to keep up the appearance of doing so. Of course this is terrible customer service but in my actual experience, management at shipping companies don't really care about customer service, they care about making their numbers look good.

What they don't realize is if they keep doing it with the same items repeatedly, people talk to each other and will start to notice a trend...

Last edited by kirbenvost; 11-14-2020 at 04:05 PM.
kirbenvost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 04:00 PM   #2353
ngnaw
Armada

No problems with my 6 Allicons shipment. Ordered Thursday night delivered just now.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:30 PM   #2354
starsaber89
Generation 2

Hi guys,

Just a recap, I made my order on Nov 9 and it was supposed to be delivered on Nov 12 but till today it hasn't shown up and when I try tracking it, it just says it left Halton Hills.

Yesterday I saw the medics were back on Amazon, it said expected on Nov 19 so I made a second order and added the $5 gift wrap option. Here is the tracking info:

Saturday, 14 November
12:24 PM
Out for delivery
Toronto, CA
7:23 AM
Arrival Scan
Toronto, CA
Package has shipped

The gift wrapping worked!!! It completely bypassed Halton Hills and arrived in one freakin day!!! Wahooo!! I gotta contact them about the first set now, try and get it refunded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Am1.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	47849   Click image for larger version

Name:	Am2.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	47850   Click image for larger version

Name:	Am3.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	47851  
starsaber89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 04:42 PM   #2355
Tonestar
Star Seeker

This is my Paradron Medics story.
I preordered back in August, they were shipped out Nov. 1st and I should have gotten them Nov. 3rd but surprise surprise I didn't as they went thru Hellton Hills and I never got them. So I waited until Nov. 12th as suggested by Amazon then I did a chat to get my refund. I then placed another order again for the set myself at $2 less. I got my refund yesterday and also noticed I was charged for the new set even though I was supposed to get them by November 24th.
I got a shipping notice yesterday and it said I was gonna get them today and low and behold I got them an hour ago and they came from their Whitby warehouse.
Sometimes Amazon sure can surprise you. I really hope there isn't this drama for the Coneheads or Prowl/Ironhide set yet to come.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:42 PM   #2356
Outtsyder
Another 1 Bites The Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
... I feel like at the very least they're falsifying tracking info.

... but Amazon told me it was shipped days ago. So they're lying about when they're shipping things, which may be the root of the problem here. They could be "shipping" imaginary shipments so they can keep to their arbitrary deadlines and look good for the higher ups. So all these packages getting "delayed" or "damaged" don't even exist, so of course they don't show up. ... Of course this is terrible customer service but in my actual experience, management at shipping companies don't really care about customer service, they care about making their numbers look good.

What they don't realize is if they keep doing it with the same items repeatedly, people talk to each other and will start to notice a trend...
I was wondering about this, too, especially the part I boldfaced. A little over a day ago, I suspected that Amazon "lied" when they emailed me on Nov 9 that my Autobot Medics set had shipped (complete with tracking number with Intelcom), but after checking with Intelcom, they never got the number. I chatted with an Amazon.ca CSR yesterday, who told me the item got damaged, is being sent back, and Amazon plans to send me a replacement which should reach my place by the middle of the coming week. (Plus the extra bit about "if it doesn't show up, contact us for a refund.")
So today, I see my Amazon order is "updated" saying "it can't be delivered" because it's "damaged in transit". At first, I figure it's just the info being updated, and maybe I could wait for another update indicating if/when this so-called "replacement" will be on the way. Then I look up the URL for the item itself, and (shocker of shockers) it's "temporarily out of stock" and "currently unavailable." I don't know if I should even bother to wait over the weekend for any new updates on this specific order, or what.

Y'know, this isn't the first grievance I've had with Amazon. I don't have a credit card, so a couple years ago, I got a virtual debit card since Amazon doesn't accept PayPal. It worked fine when I purchased a couple Amazon-exclusive Siege items last year. Then later, Amazon wouldn't accept my virtual debit card as a payment method anymore. I check with both Amazon and my card provider (the bank), and all the info checked out. I gave up on that bull$#!+, and it got to the point where the only way I'd be able to order anything through Amazon would be to buy a physical Amazon gift card and redeem the value onto my account. Now that it's practically useless because Amazon can't get their $#!+ together, I don't know how the hell I can get my money back from them, because I'm beyond fed up with them. Yes, I'm perfectly aware that once a gift card is uploaded and redeemed, it can't be reimbursed as monetary value. But with this treatment of customers (and probably the higher-ups more or less enslaving their employees), this crap shouldn't be legal. Then again, I don't have enough knowledge of the law to work out how this ethical fuck-up can be combated.

Creative arts page: Scorpion's Heart Overnight Creations
https://www.facebook.com/ScorpionsHeart.SHOC/

Written works on Archive Of Our Own - ScorpionsHeart
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Sc...ScorpionsHeart

Feedback thread: https://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=33913

"Study the great, and become greater."
- Michael Jackson
"Who are we, if not measured by our impact on others?"
- Carl Sagan
Outtsyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 04:49 PM   #2357
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

They are falsified tracking information. On my first order that was supposed to be delivered in October, they went back and changed all the tracking information so it looked like it didnt even leave the usa until the 28th of October which was the original delivery date, the package was stolen from the halton hills facility on Oct 26th and they changed all the info to cover it all up. I told they to the Amazon rep and it made him sound a bit worried. Tjere are definitely crooks working at the halton hills facility. Any exclusive set without packaging is most likely going to go missing. The only reason I got mine is because it was in an amazon shipping bag.
Matrix_Holder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 05:09 PM   #2358
Outtsyder
Another 1 Bites The Dust

Among falsified tracking info, dishonest emails to customers, and cover-up excuses like "damaged parcels", can anything be done about these practices? I wonder if UsernamePrime might be the one with the right kind of knowledge to interpret how this plays out legally, or if this constitutes as fraud or something else (I understand legalese can be razor-edged specific). Ripping off customers who just want to buy an item (not scalpers or hoarders) shouldn't be protected by excuses like loopholes or fine print. Pandemic or not, Amazon (or any other company) simply shouldn't do this.

I normally don't go off like this on forums unless I'm really pushed beyond my limits, and I know I'm not the only one in this boat.

Creative arts page: Scorpion's Heart Overnight Creations
https://www.facebook.com/ScorpionsHeart.SHOC/

Written works on Archive Of Our Own - ScorpionsHeart
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Sc...ScorpionsHeart

Feedback thread: https://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=33913

"Study the great, and become greater."
- Michael Jackson
"Who are we, if not measured by our impact on others?"
- Carl Sagan
Outtsyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 05:24 PM   #2359
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Well, small claims court wont be of help as their goal is to return parties to the point to where they were before damages occurred. So for them the solution is a refund if you don't get your product.

Best bet may be to have multiple people complain to a regulatory body/tribunal. I don't know much about this but the office of consumer affairs may be a place to start.

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/fi...r-affairs.html

http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc....h_ca02964.html

https://211ontario.ca/211-topics/gov...EaAoD0EALw_wcB

The real issue with complains and wanting action is that so long as Amazon is issuing proper refunds then those judging and evaluating the situation will give great leniency but if enough complain then maybe an investigation is done which results in fines. Those fines would line the pocket of government though and not yours.

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 11-14-2020 at 05:31 PM.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 05:33 PM   #2360
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Just an update to my earlier post, I received an email with proof of delivery exactly 6 hours prior to the supposed delivery time from Intelcom. So I think something is just wonky with the timezone on their website tracking. However, this doesn't change the fact that Amazon are falsifying tracking information when they claimed it had been shipped several days ago. They claimed it was shipped on the 9th and it didn't reach the courier (in the same city) until the 14th.