Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 10-24-2016, 09:13 PM   #71
elburrito
Animated
Re: Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 New Updated Full Color Images

When it comes to ideas, a strict "you can't do it if I thought of it first" approach would end up stifling progress.

For instance, Fuji Heavy didn't invent the automobile, but they arguably designed a better one! If Ford could have prevented anyone else from making a car, well...it would suck.

So far, I haven't seen or heard anything that would make me think twice over MP36. But, variety is the spice of life and a little competition can only result in better toys from Takara (who in my opinion have yet to be bested).

While Takara may have some of the best, toy designers shouldn't be prevented from creating toys just because they don't work for Takara or Hasbro!

Also, the symbols and names are meaningful and are protected by copyright & trademark laws.

The mythos is what compels many of us to buy the toys. Anyone can make a 10" tall grey robot that turns into a P38 if they want, but they can't call it Megatron for free.

Sorry for the rant, I'm eager for this release. I am more than excited. I am titillated....TITILLATED! Arrrr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metacooler View Post
The ONLY people who should be able to make ANY Transformers are the ones who created the bots and characters we love, TAKARA and HASBRO... Making money off of the hard work and licence of others should be illegal regardless of Decepticon symbols and names.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:33 PM   #72
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime
Re: Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 New Updated Full Color Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post

Totally agree. Although this pic looks as though he stands eye to eye with Prime, his crotch sits higher than Prime's so his upper torso has been made more squat to line up with Prime's height. These proportions make it look off from the front. Plus his diaper is almost as big as his chest...

I really want to like this, I truly do, but I'm not swooning over it just because it's an official Takara product. Flaws are still flaws.

I like the variety of accessories he's coming with, and the legs look more proper as they aren't as thin as Mightron's and not as thick as Despotron's. But it's still not the perfect Megatron.

One of the most glaring things to me is the busy/gappy/kibbly mess on the top of his chest. Not the front, but the top of the chest meets the head like here:

Like really, LOOK at that. It just looks very unfinished to me and lacking the clean lines I would expect from an official Masterpiece. People criticize Mightron for his back kibble....but official Megatron's back isn't really the clean collapsed design either.

As I said earlier, as much as I have been eagerly anticipating this official announcement, it falls short of expectations, and with all the competition to choose from, if I had to choose one right now, I think I'd probably go with MakeToys Despotron and find another head sculpt similar to Takara's or DX9's to fit onto that body. I know I'm probably in the minority there, but I'm trying to be honest with myself and giving all 4 Megatron designs an objective view.
Have you not seen this overlay photo yet ? Seriously, it would be near impossible to get a figure any closer to the cartoon character. Both Megatron and Optimus' legs are almost the exact same length, their mid sections and upper bodies are the same length, chests are too, they're just two entirely different shaped characters. And I don't mind the lines being visible because I'm so in awe that they were able to make the robot and gun form so accurate and able to transform. None of the 3rd party companies have been able to produce both in a single package, and for that, I am beyond grateful that this is coming in a few months !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0056.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	35070  

Last edited by CETERUS PRIME; 10-25-2016 at 06:41 PM.
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:57 PM   #73
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

I'm impressed the mace is poseable.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:28 PM   #74
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

People who complain the giant diaper on MP-36 should complain that MP-10 is not cartoon accurate. Prime went from wearing a pair of trunk to a pair of brief....

Old 10-25-2016, 10:51 PM   #75
Pascal
Banned

Yeah, MP-10 is neither toy nor anime accurate. We need MP Optimus 3.0!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:27 PM   #76
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I think..that when Hasui was the lead designer in charge of the MP line, his goal was to make "real cars". That is why all the vehicles are officially licensed including reworking MP-03's F-15E into MP-11's F15-C. Bot mode became looking a bit more like Mecha/Mobile Suit as well with a lot of details panels line and mechanical parts molded in. And now post-Hasui, the lead designer (not sure who it is) is making the bot mode a lot more cartoon like while keeping the alt mode realistic, but also redesigning a lot of G1 toy features/gimmicks.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:32 AM   #77
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Man, an awesome figure, but good luck importing this thing.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:49 AM   #78
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
Man, an awesome figure, but good luck importing this thing.
I don't foresee importing this would be an issue in Canada like US and Australia. Japanese etailers would typically declare this as either "figure" or plastic models" or "scale models" on the shipping label/declaration form.

I have ordered a Zaku Machine Gun water gun from Japan. It was declared as toy but it would still look like a gun when scanned by x-ray machine. I got it just fine.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:09 AM   #79
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

More fun
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0057.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	35073  
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:31 AM   #80
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Wow. Love that picture. Now that I see them side by side. Takara for the win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
I think..that when Hasui was the lead designer in charge of the MP line, his goal was to make "real cars". That is why all the vehicles are officially licensed including reworking MP-03's F-15E into MP-11's F15-C. Bot mode became looking a bit more like Mecha/Mobile Suit as well with a lot of details panels line and mechanical parts molded in. And now post-Hasui, the lead designer (not sure who it is) is making the bot mode a lot more cartoon like while keeping the alt mode realistic, but also redesigning a lot of G1 toy features/gimmicks.
That's text book Kobayashi. Gimmicks Gimmicks Gimmicks.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote