Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #11
Sokar
Armada
Re: Has anyone bought and recieved Alternity A-01 Nissan GT-R From Kooltoys?

I've ordered a couple things from kooltoyz but I've got to admit their communication services can be a bit lacking.

They pack things very well though from what I've recieved and their prices are decent. For shipping they can be a little slower than some but it's still pretty fast compared to A3U which was the only other canadian supplier I've ordered through.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #12
Evan
Nexus Maximus

I've always had great service from Kool Toyz. I've never ordered from Automation, not to say I won't some day.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #13
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrana View Post
it depends on their supplier. it is obvious they all use SAL shipping, therefore there is no set time who is going to receive it first. SAL can be delayed over a month... then there is custom... be patient. u should get urs soon....
SAL, 3-4 weeks? I thought it was 7-10 business days usually. Depends on country of origin of course.

Chances are a store selling goods from Japan/Asia will ship by SEA mail or SAL. SEA mail is about 2-3 months later, but most retailers will (or should) offer a lower price as an incentive for patience. SAL (or more likely EMS, since after a point EMS is cheaper than SAL with larger weights) is faster, but prices are higher, since shipping costs are forwarded to the customer. I noticed this with the stock of Gundams sold in Toronto (cheapest retailer gets new kits the slowest), and I think it probably applies to Transformers too.

I don't know where everybody is saying there are so many variables; either it's coming from the supplier or not. There should not be problems at customs since most retailers would deal with a brokerage firm to have imported items exempt from tax when they arrive from the country since they're charged to the customers. Let's just say a certain bankrupt store owner seems to have brainwashed everybody with those excuses for their delays.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #14
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
SAL, 3-4 weeks? I thought it was 7-10 business days usually. Depends on country of origin of course.

Chances are a store selling goods from Japan/Asia will ship by SEA mail or SAL. SEA mail is about 2-3 months later, but most retailers will (or should) offer a lower price as an incentive for patience. SAL (or more likely EMS, since after a point EMS is cheaper than SAL with larger weights) is faster, but prices are higher, since shipping costs are forwarded to the customer. I noticed this with the stock of Gundams sold in Toronto (cheapest retailer gets new kits the slowest), and I think it probably applies to Transformers too.

I don't know where everybody is saying there are so many variables; either it's coming from the supplier or not. There should not be problems at customs since most retailers would deal with a brokerage firm to have imported items exempt from tax when they arrive from the country since they're charged to the customers. Let's just say a certain bankrupt store owner seems to have brainwashed everybody with those excuses for their delays.
SAL and small packet from Japan are completely upredictable. Once, I got a Microman from Japan Small Packet in 3 days. I was completely amazed. Other times I've had to wait a month. Regardless, the delays are usually in Canada. I think it depends where the products are from too. Stuff is available in China before Japan. So a guy that gets it quick might use Chinese suppliers, but then they take the chance that they get bootlegs or other stuff, be we all heard if before in another thread.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #15
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
SAL and small packet from Japan are completely upredictable. Once, I got a Microman from Japan Small Packet in 3 days. I was completely amazed. Other times I've had to wait a month. Regardless, the delays are usually in Canada. I think it depends where the products are from too. Stuff is available in China before Japan. So a guy that gets it quick might use Chinese suppliers, but then they take the chance that they get bootlegs or other stuff, be we all heard if before in another thread.
SAL can be fast, I'd say it'd be more likely to be faster w/ smaller packets and logner with others, but of course it can be crapshoot.

You're not going to have bootlegs that fast for new Takara products, KO'ing takes time to reverse engineer. Or more likely that the supplier will bail on the order and just run off with the money. Again, the retailer bears all the risk when pre-ordering.

More likely than not, I'm quite sure most or all online TF retailers have this as a part time business; it's just too risky for an only source of income.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #16
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
You're not going to have bootlegs that fast for new Takara products, KO'ing takes time to reverse engineer. Or more likely that the supplier will bail on the order and just run off with the money. Again, the retailer bears all the risk when pre-ordering.
Encore Metroplex
Old 03-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #17
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
Encore Metroplex
Ah that's right, but they were churning out KO's before the Encore was released though. I'm it took awhile for them to make the KO Alt Rodimus, even though it seeped into the market quite well unnoticed.

For new molds like Alternity, it won't be that fast.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #18
astrana
Nexus Maximus

SAL is surface shipping, via cargo containers. It can be fast if you are lucky. but usually takes long due to inspection, weather, custom...
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #19
onecoin
Banned

I'm just saying there are risks with choosing a retailer that does one or the other. Picking between Chinese and Japanese source. You mentioned a certain vendor, and we all know where that vendor purchased his items, we all know how it ended.

If SAL was surface every package would take 8 weeks. SAL is Surface Air Lift. The package is treated as surface mail in each country, but is air between the 2 countries. Because of the geography in Japan, the surface treatment of a SAL package in Japan is negligable. If you are in Vancouver or Toronto, surface treatment does not exists because they are airlifted to those destinations. The other thing that should be noted about SAL is that for Air Frieght it is low priority. When loading a plane, higher priority packages go in first and SAL goes in if and where there is space.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:14 PM   #20
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrana View Post
SAL is surface shipping, via cargo containers. It can be fast if you are lucky. but usually takes long due to inspection, weather, custom...
No, SAL is Surface Air Lifted. Packages are delivered by ground (surface) within a country and by air overseas to other countries.

SEA mail is the cargo containers that takes about 2-3 months to arrive.