Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-20-2016, 12:46 PM   #3241
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon
Re: The Masterpiece Appreciation and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
Nope.

Insanely popular character, insanely good toy, and they aren't making them any more.

Price for this guy will only go up as they become more rare.

Only chance for a lower price is if Takara or Hasbro does another reissue of the mold.
These will never be rare, too many of them were made. You may not be able to find one for sale cheap but you'll always be able to find 20 of them for sale at any time. Just wait for the next reissue, they'll re-release this figure every couple of years.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:53 PM   #3242
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
Do MP's prices ever go down? I mean MP-10 came out 4 years ago and I feel like he should be at a lower price than what he is now IMO.
If you are going to collect MP then you will have to pay, especially for past items. Pre order from Japan and it isn't too bad. It is getting caught up that kills you.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:36 AM   #3243
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
If you are going to collect MP then you will have to pay, especially for past items. Pre order from Japan and it isn't too bad. It is getting caught up that kills you.
I don't mind playing catching up. By then who knows, Hasbro and Takara might have new releases. Which site is best to order MP figures, without getting slaughtered by custom fees and taxes?

Is MP-10 a rare and hard find figure?
Old 10-21-2016, 12:57 PM   #3244
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
I don't mind playing catching up. By then who knows, Hasbro and Takara might have new releases. Which site is best to order MP figures, without getting slaughtered by custom fees and taxes?

I'm assuming you k now this but I'll quickly explain that Takara releases Masterpiece figures in Japan and Hasbro releases them here and they do not match up. Hasbro MP-5 is not the same character as Takara MP-5 and Takara releases way more characters than Hasbro does, that's why we usually import our figures from Japan, you can't get them here......yet. Bumblebee did eventually come 2 years later and double the price.

You're best to try and find a local store that's selling them because they're going to get a wholesale discount and that might allow you to pay the same price locally as you would buying them online but avoid the cost of shipping or taxes. Laval is a pretty large city, usually there are 2-3 hobby or comic shops that carry Masterpiece figures from Takara.

Now is MP-10 rare? Hell no, it's very common. Not only did Takara release it multiple times but Hasbro also released it at least 3 separate times and it was only $100 CAD so anyone that wanted one pretty much got one. Is it expensive right now? Yes, I actually imported 2 from Japan (Hasbro Asia release) and sold one at a convention for $290 to offset my import costs but if you want to get it cheap, just wait for Toys 'R Us to reissue it again. They're still reissuing the Generation 1 version every 5 years or so, it'll come out again.

No Masterpiece figure is going to be rare unless it's a limited edition repaint or convention exclusive, even then they're 500 - 1000 pieces so that's not really rare, just uncommon. The fact something is expensive or hard to find doesn't mean it's rare, rare to me is if you're willing to pay almost anything for an item, you just simply cannot find one for sale anywhere at any price.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:41 PM   #3245
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

I called this Hobby store near my house and they have MP-10 TRU Exclusive 315$, is that expensive?
Old 10-21-2016, 02:00 PM   #3246
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

The Hobby exclusive is the one I just sold, it comes with a small Vector Sigma with key, it's exclusive to that release. If you don't care about that you can save some money by finding the regular release somewhere.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:42 PM   #3247
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:

I think they will re-release MP10

As long as you order 1 figure, you should not get dinged Custom charge.

Bigger figures cost more to ship.

pre-order for MP's is the only way to go.

Always check the the boards sell/trade forum first it should be cheaper for the older releases

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 02:23 AM   #3248
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime1 View Post
I think they will re-release MP10

As long as you order 1 figure, you should not get dinged Custom charge.

Bigger figures cost more to ship.

pre-order for MP's is the only way to go.

Always check the the boards sell/trade forum first it should be cheaper for the older releases
There's a reissue MP-10 that comes with the Key of Vector Sigma, I don't know if you're talking about him.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:49 AM   #3249
justinrj
Generation 1

Quote:
There's a reissue MP-10 that comes with the Key of Vector Sigma, I don't know if you're talking about him.
That's from Hasbro Asia. Takara also reissued the original MP-10 a few months ago. What he's saying is that there will probably be another release sometime in the next couple of years from Hasbro in North America or another release in Japan from Takara. In the new Masterpiece line that are TRU exclusives (the ones with the red or purple boxes), there hasn't been a release of MP Optimus Prime yet.
justinrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:45 AM   #3250
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Almost every site that I go has MP-10 sold out.