Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-03-2020, 11:25 PM   #11
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: Price hike for 2020?

The newer pricing actually came in with studio series while the main line figures were still $19.99 for titans return and potp for deluxe and 29.99 for voyagers, and 59.99 for leaders. I told people that of we keep buying those studio series that hasbro would move those prices to the main lines and they did.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:45 PM   #12
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
They seem to be actively trying to lose sales. I cut way back on purchases during the last hike. Will do the same with this one. In the last three years my collection went from dominantly Transformers to more heavily Marvel Legends/Star Wars/Power Rangers. Not that Hasbro is crying since they own all of those, but cut backs are still cut backs. There are plenty of TFs out on the shelves right now that I would have picked up at the previous price points that I’ve passed on now. Oh well. Sucks but whatchagonnado?
It kills the impulse buy, or the "well, I'm not SUPER stoked about this toy but hey, why not." It can't be as casual.

I sincerely doubt voyager starscream or leader Shockwave shelfwarm this bad at lower points.

Meh. I'm basically over it. I have bought so few TFS in the past two years and the unjustified price hikes mean I will not get back.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:54 AM   #13
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
It kills the impulse buy, or the "well, I'm not SUPER stoked about this toy but hey, why not." It can't be as casual.
100% this. I have to love the character and know (from reviews) that I’ll enjoy everything about the figure before I buy it now. Homework for toys, lol.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:08 AM   #14
joshimus
Metroplex

I'm at a point where I can accept that collecting Hasbro products for me is over. It's been a nice run but the pricing is just to much to justify now.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:57 AM   #15
justprime
Animated

This has been an on going gouge for a number of years not to mention the most recent trend to overcharge Canadians (seige jetfire u.s. vs us pricing) if the rumors are correct ,hollow plastic, no real value,shitty distrabution,etc...hasbro after years of slapping the G1 community is now relying on our dollars.. imho from a collector that has been in it from the start,supported Hasbro, Takara ..I find myself not only vary vary selective these days but loosing my spirit in pursuit of a ever increasing poor quality /expensive product backed by a substandard cartoon to fill corpoate pockets...hail to yhird party thought id never say that....wont be spending much on hasbro products in future if at all.
End Rant
justprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:27 AM   #16
Citoria
Generation 2

to be honest the last Hasbro transformer I bought before deciding to go in on Devastator was from DOTM. I have enough other hobbies to spend my money on.
Citoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:57 AM   #17
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
This has been an on going gouge for a number of years not to mention the most recent trend to overcharge Canadians (seige jetfire u.s. vs us pricing) if the rumors are correct ,hollow plastic, no real value,shitty distrabution,etc...hasbro after years of slapping the G1 community is now relying on our dollars.. imho from a collector that has been in it from the start,supported Hasbro, Takara ..I find myself not only vary vary selective these days but loosing my spirit in pursuit of a ever increasing poor quality /expensive product backed by a substandard cartoon to fill corpoate pockets...hail to yhird party thought id never say that....wont be spending much on hasbro products in future if at all.
End Rant
Made me look up when Prime ended.

We've had the shittiest and bare bones animation for over half a decade now. That is absurd. How is it so hard for Hasbro to get a proper show on?

The comics had a good run but dropped off by the last year or two, and the reboot has been uninspiring.

We're in a dark period for transformers media after some tremendous material, and there is no end in sight.

And the distribution is hilariously bad. Is it like this for star wars, or power rangers, or anything else?

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:14 PM   #18
neevnav
Masterpiece

The real indicator will be if Toys R Us and other retailers follow suit, or if this is a Walmart specific thing.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:19 PM   #19
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Amazon already has on the specific figures shown on Walmart’s website.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:30 PM   #20
neevnav
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
Amazon already has on the specific figures shown on Walmart’s website.
That's not always indicative though as their algorithm just matches online prices.