Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 06-04-2016, 12:15 AM   #11
Mcprime
Bumble buddy
Re: Open for commissions!!

Hi, optimusb!
Thank you for the comment!
Fantastic! I'm happy to hear you have bought and support artists at conventions! That's great!
You see, I am not withholding anything. If you'd like to request a drawing, you can! You should! I'd love to attempt it!

I don't have anything to show you. I will however make your request! And if you like it. If you want it. If it is what you deem good by "your" standards. Your perfect picture. Pay for your happy, satisfied results.

I don't see anything wrong with that.
What I do see is scepticism, frustration and fear.
What I'd like to show you is your request.

I can't take money from you if you don't give it. If I could, I'd already have done it, if I were that person.
I can, however, give you the very thing you ask of me in a drawing, if, and only IF you or anyone else trusts me enough. And again, if you deem it to be terrible, no payment. Am I not the only one here to lose any credibility? An I not the only one actually risking something? Ei. Time?

I would love to draw you your dream picture. Discuss it and how you'd like to see them posed, action etc. Have a great discussion of what may be cool to colour and light them. All open, here. In front of mods, in front of friends and members. Nothing shady. Pretty simple.
I'm open for commissions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusb39 View Post
What i find interesting here is that you keep stating would.you like the perfect picture yet you refuse to provide any examples of your perfect level of skill. Any artistic vendor or comissionor at tfcon or even on this forum shows off samples of precious work to entice consumer interest in gettinng somethong original for themselves from said vendor. I for one love to see what these guys can do and ive bought many a piece of art from tfcon from a vendor who does it right there in front of me.what attracted me to this artist in the first place was his large and impressive sample display.
Good luck with your attempt, but by withholding any viable samples of your talent its very unlikely anyone will bite.
Mcprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:19 AM   #12
predahank
Storing is hoarding

guy1: I'll play on your hockey team and do all sorts of incredible things if you pay me
guy2: can you shoot this puck or skate for me to see ?
guy1: can't do that
guy2: got a video of yourself playing hockey in any capacity?
guy1: nah, but just trust me on this one
guy2: ........
predahank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:50 AM   #13
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

Yeah, this is kind of not cool.
I don't want to jump on the dog pile because I am very pro-artist's rights, being one myself, but... come on.

Certainly if you are an artist and you're looking to offer your services than you must have a DeviantArt account, a Tumblr, a website, a portfolio with something in it somewhere that people can see. I don't see why simply providing a link is such an issue.

If you don't have anything like that, then that should be step one.
If you don't have Transformers artwork done yet, do some. You clearly want to or else you wouldn't be offering. Let people see the style(s) they can expect.

Sayonara.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:02 AM   #14
Baryonyx
Armada

Feel free to hire me instead. $50 shipped in Canada, delivery in under two weeks. Will take G1 trades, too.

Here's a Sky Lynx I just sold at a show:

Baryonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:07 AM   #15
Mcprime
Bumble buddy

Good point!
The only problem with what you are saying Is the fact that if you give me the stick and ball (request and idea) I will gladly show you. Simple.
Don't like the way I play, don't put me on the team. (You don't pay for the picture you don't like)
Isn't it what you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
guy1: I'll play on your hockey team and do all sorts of incredible things if you pay me
guy2: can you shoot this puck or skate for me to see ?
guy1: can't do that
guy2: got a video of yourself playing hockey in any capacity?
guy1: nah, but just trust me on this one
guy2: ........

Last edited by Mcprime; 06-04-2016 at 03:19 AM.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:12 AM   #16
Mcprime
Bumble buddy

Thank you for advertising on my thread. I very much like your pic!

Would you like to request anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baryonyx View Post
Feel free to hire me instead. $50 shipped in Canada, delivery in under two weeks. Will take G1 trades, too.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:13 AM   #17
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

I think this guy is just trolling us trying to get people to give him money for nothing. Every artist in the world I have ever heard of wants to show people his/her work. This guy is just trolling, has to be.

But to answer your question Mcprime, No I wouldn't pay for anything I have not seen, I also would not commission someone to draw something without having seen their work either as I don't believe in wasting people's time, which is exactly what you have done here.

Have a good day (eyeroll)
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:13 AM   #18
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baryonyx View Post

Is that water colour or markers you used? Looks awesome
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:41 AM   #19
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

I've been thinking the same since I first saw you post this. "Show us something" I understand what you are saying. Don't pay up front. If you don't like it you don't pay. I get that. That's cool. BUT people still like to see previous work.

We have had an "artist" (use the term loosly) at Tfcon before and he was not a real artist but someone who liked to draw (or try and trace... and not good at either) trying to sell their work and it was really quite bad. Even they had stuff to show.

Again I get what you are saying but remember people are naturally sceptical or nervous of things unknown.

I would bite and get you to draw me something but money is tight and I've bought lots of work from artists at Tfcon that's never had a spot to go so been in a tube for its life which is sad. (Hope one day for a man cave again)

I just woke up to 2 screaming kids so not sure if my long winded post is completely understandable but I tried.

Good luck.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:00 AM   #20
Mcprime
Bumble buddy

Hi!
Thank you for your very nicely put post. I agree with you very much.
May I offer you a free drawing in thanks for being overly polite and calm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
I've been thinking the same since I first saw you post this. "Show us something" I understand what you are saying. Don't pay up front. If you don't like it you don't pay. I get that. That's cool. BUT people still like to see previous work.

We have had an "artist" (use the term loosly) at Tfcon before and he was not a real artist but someone who liked to draw (or try and trace... and not good at either) trying to sell their work and it was really quite bad. Even they had stuff to show.

Again I get what you are saying but remember people are naturally sceptical or nervous of things unknown.

I would bite and get you to draw me something but money is tight and I've bought lots of work from artists at Tfcon that's never had a spot to go so been in a tube for its life which is sad. (Hope one day for a man cave again)

I just woke up to 2 screaming kids so not sure if my long winded post is completely understandable but I tried.

Good luck.