Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-03-2015, 07:22 PM   #1
laffy
Crossover
Shoutout the the staff at 80's toy expo

As im sure most know now sadly the dealer room was what looks to be miss booked and the expo had to be broken up into two parts.. as im sure all will agree it was cramed what i Will say is how well things where run and a great shout out to the staff of the show ... coming from a guy in a wheel chair it was a huge challenge but in the end of the day the staff took the cards that was dealt and the staff pulled off a good show.. I also what to thank all the venders for what im sure was nuts busy and cramped but again you took in stride's and pull of a great show in all My family and most fans where very happy and i just want to say thanks for a great time today
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:50 PM   #2
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: Shotout the the staff at 80's toy expo

Yep, they did a great job under the circumstances!

I really hope the hotel offers something to them to make it up.

Those rooms beside the Starbucks were pretty nice actually. Would be neat to use them to expand TF con someday.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:05 PM   #3
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Yep, they did a great job under the circumstances!

I really hope the hotel offers something to them to make it up.

Those rooms beside the Starbucks were pretty nice actually. Would be neat to use them to expand TF con someday.
Ya it was a little elbow to elbow but I still managed to have a good time @ the show. Found some great goodies at decent prices. Thanx to the staff & dealers who graciously took good care of all of us.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:09 PM   #4
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
Ya it was a little elbow to elbow but I still managed to have a good time @ the show. Found some great goodies at decent prices. Thanx to the staff & dealers who graciously took good care of all of us.
yes well said only let down lol was not seeing darth vader or more cross play costumes and i dont think i saw one transformer type one at all sadly.. but thats what tfcon is for
Old 05-03-2015, 09:34 PM   #5
laffy
Crossover

Anyone know why repo labels did not show up ? i had a big order that i save up for today as i hate to wait for shipping so it looks that i have to make an online order now errrrrrrr
Old 05-03-2015, 09:41 PM   #6
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
yes well said only let down lol was not seeing darth vader or more cross play costumes and i dont think i saw one transformer type one at all sadly.. but thats what tfcon is for
The only cosplay I seen there was Batman & a few Ghost-busters. Anyone notice anybody else dressing up ?
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:47 PM   #7
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
The only cosplay I seen there was Batman & a few Ghost-busters. Anyone notice anybody else dressing up ?
I saw that batman too and the Ghostbusters had a both and same with the 501 troopers, lol my girl dressed up as arel disneys princess (1992 i think lol) and she was like all crazy happy to cross play would have loved to seen more
Old 05-03-2015, 09:57 PM   #8
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician
Re: Shoutout the the staff at 80's toy expo

I seen a Street fighter 2 Cosplayer as well as Batman. I seen a couple other ones to but did not recognize the characters so I could not comment I also saw a couple little ones in outfits but I was there from 11 am - 2 pm so maybe these people left quickly as at one point it was pretty crowded in either room from what I saw and was told from a few vendors and attendees that I spoke with.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:58 PM   #9
Gumby
Beasty

The staff is always great- these folks put on fantastic shows and I always have a lot of fun attending them.

One thing I'd like to suggest for future shows is having the guests be stationed where they were today. Not only did it look classy but it was never cramped and crowded like it gets in the usual autograph spot.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:04 PM   #10
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
The staff is always great- these folks put on fantastic shows and I always have a lot of fun attending them.

One thing I'd like to suggest for future shows is having the guests be stationed where they were today. Not only did it look classy but it was never cramped and crowded like it gets in the usual autograph spot.
And im sure it does help to have everyone see them as well and i hope they got more sales over this ... please move the VIPs to this new spot