Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-10-2020, 10:40 AM   #1
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here
What are your thoughts on MP-52? (Starscream)

I wanted to hear peoples thoughts on MP-52.

What are your thoughts on him vs the older model that comes with the coronation items? It's nice that they have blast effects, but it's to bad this version doesn't have the coronation set, not that I would likely display him with them very much.

Thanks!

DM
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:01 AM   #2
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: What are your thoughts on MP-52? (Starscream)

Missing the coronation set is not a big deal for me, but I don't like the overall look, the direction that current MP (since 44) going too close to G1 cartoon.

I think MP 03/ MP 11 is a better style for my taste --- G1 + modern design.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:10 AM   #3
predahank
Storing is hoarding

I agree, way too toon. I like the better articulation and hands. I don’t like the price and the idea of replacing 6 seekers. It will probably take 6 years also, the way hastak snails out the releases
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:21 AM   #4
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

I haven't been a fan of Takara's move to such flat, "80s kids show on a budget" look either, for the most part.

Of course, the blue windows are great, and I haven't talked to anyone who doesn't like those, and when you look at the full chrome look of MP-20 Wheeljacks head, it's way over done, but at the same time, the completely flat, "bleh" grey of MP-20+'s head is also "meh" just in a totally different way... *sigh*

I suppose I should have said at the start, that I don't have the older seekers as they had already come and gone by the time I had even heard of Masterpiece Transformers. There are probably KO's out there, but I haven't looked. And from what I've heard of KO's of MP-10, (probably the most KO'd figure) the KO's of MP-10 are apparently really quite good.

*Looking at the cost, I sort of wish I was still ignorant...* lol
Old 10-10-2020, 11:24 AM   #5
predahank
Storing is hoarding

There will be a glut of mp-11s for sale when 52 releases. I’m confident there will be deals to be had
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:29 AM   #6
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

I do like some things, like the better hands, the interchangeable faces, and the blast effects, but that's a lot of $$$ for those extras. Although I've heard other people say that the seekers needed a "refresh" so I'm assuming there are issues with the old ones? Probably less articulation, for one thing.

BTW, I noticed that Robotkingdom has MP-52 for quite a bit less than other places, and even with the exchange rate, shipping, and possible duty, it still works out to being a lot cheaper than A3U.ca

Edit: I dunno, I looked at the comparison shots to MP-11, and I do think MP-52 is a better figure. I just wish they didn't go so frigging matte on the paint.

Edit 2: So, much to my surprise, it doesn't look like you can get MP-10 KO with a box and the trailer, which I find kinda odd compared to the other figures. I was toying with the idea of getting one to display in truck mode, but that's out if there's no trailer. The only thing that (I think, but correct me if I'm wrong) MP-10 had that MP-44 doesn't is a matrix that actually opens. If I remember correctly. lol

DM

Last edited by Darkmatter; 10-10-2020 at 12:01 PM. Reason: I edit things. A lot...
Old 10-10-2020, 12:05 PM   #7
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
I agree, way too toon. I like the better articulation and hands. I don’t like the price and the idea of replacing 6 seekers. It will probably take 6 years also, the way hastak snails out the releases
This and 8 seekers for me. The ones I have are fine, paid for and displayed. I'm all good
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 12:22 PM   #8
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

I actually like the look of MP-52. I just don't see how what you're getting in the box justifies the approximate $350 CAD price tag (and the fact that you'd need to replace at least 3 Seekers with this mold for it to work in a collection $$$).
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 12:30 PM   #9
Pascal
Banned

Like Maketoys Meteor, but better.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 12:36 PM   #10
joelones
Beast Machine

Money.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote