Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-14-2020, 09:59 PM   #341
delrue
Crossover
Re: EBgames.ca Transformers Sightings

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collecti...sh-up-gigawatt

Gigawatt up for pre-order again.
delrue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:03 PM   #342
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post

I was able to pre-order at the store over the weekend. Just days after they couldnt find it, and didnt know what I was talking about. Hopefully it actually shows up

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:36 PM   #343
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyshadow View Post
Crap. So is this price increase for Deluxe and Core size permanent?

The $10 increase from POTP to Siege was justified because of the awesome Takara Tomy transformations. But Kingdom uses the tried and true Ball Joints for the Core class. How can you justify the $2 bump?
The $10 increase is hardly justified. The transformations aren't that special. Some are downright lame and QC issues still persist. I really dislike further that kingdom is charging 32.99 for deluxe.

The last time we had a proper small class it was 12.99. why are you aghast at a two dollar increase? It's a more understandable percent increase than the whopping 50% increase on deluxes last year.

As it is, I, like many of us, am far more choosy now.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 06:02 AM   #344
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyshadow View Post
Crap. So is this price increase for Deluxe and Core size permanent?

The $10 increase from POTP to Siege was justified because of the awesome Takara Tomy transformations. But Kingdom uses the tried and true Ball Joints for the Core class. How can you justify the $2 bump?
The 10$ increase on deluxes was because they changed to the fancy boxed packaging, the products themselves did not reflect that change properly in my opinion.

That being said, the cost of these things continues to increase because inflation is a real thing and the cost of living is becoming almost unbearable. By the time we're old enough to retire we won't be able to live decently. It's a very real problem and yet nobody wants to do anything about it because nobody gives a damn about the soon to be no-longer middle class.
Old 10-15-2020, 06:44 AM   #345
steamwhistle
Crossover

Any increase is because, somewhere along the line, they figure enough consumers will pay it.
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:42 AM   #346
skyshadow
Generation 2

The hood of the vehicle modes actually became the chest or feet compared to becoming gaudy backpacks from the previous line and robot modes that resembled what the cartoon depicted justified it for me. And nostalgia.

Nostalgia wasn't strong enough for me in Earthrise though. Not even going to bother with the box sets. For Kingdom, I'll just stick to the beast. Or just give up entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
The $10 increase is hardly justified. The transformations aren't that special. Some are downright lame and QC issues still persist. I really dislike further that kingdom is charging 32.99 for deluxe.

The last time we had a proper small class it was 12.99. why are you aghast at a two dollar increase? It's a more understandable percent increase than the whopping 50% increase on deluxes last year.

As it is, I, like many of us, am far more choosy now.
skyshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:49 AM   #347
skyshadow
Generation 2

Agree with cost of living already unbearable. I really hope the price goes up again after whatever comes after Kingdom so I will have no justification to buy. Running out of space anyways.

Anyway, I saw Vertebreak listed on walmart.ca for $14.97 and I guess that is the new normal for that size. But is it really shipping November 30?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
The 10$ increase on deluxes was because they changed to the fancy boxed packaging, the products themselves did not reflect that change properly in my opinion.

That being said, the cost of these things continues to increase because inflation is a real thing and the cost of living is becoming almost unbearable. By the time we're old enough to retire we won't be able to live decently. It's a very real problem and yet nobody wants to do anything about it because nobody gives a damn about the soon to be no-longer middle class.
skyshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:03 AM   #348
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
I read a quote recently that really resonated with me:
"The wolves need to remember that they need their prey to be well fed too". Basically, the corporations (wolves) can only continue to thrive if their prey (the middle class) is fed enough to continue to exist. Starve out the middle class in the name of shareholder value and whoops! there's nobody left to buy the corporation's products and services anymore. Ditto for taxes, etc.

The reason Hasbro keeps jacking up prices is because they have to show shareholders increased profits every quarter in a world where toy sales are in constant decline. For better or worse this is unsustainable no matter how weak willed us collectors are.

As for me, I deal hunt more and buy less. I don't believe Hasbro is making more money off me since the price hikes really began. But if they keep going, will a handful of figures in a year be enough to keep me in the game?
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:05 AM   #349
Cybertrev
Generation 1

Wow so off topic...so I'll chime in: as long as the US military is the strongest in the world, and they can defend their currency as the world's standard, and the US federal reserve can keep printing money for bailouts, the wolves will feed!
Cybertrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:13 AM   #350
urfwc
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post

Thanks, ordered and hoping for the best.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=65059
urfwc is offline   Reply With Quote