Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-09-2022, 11:10 AM   #1
Overlord2004
Generation 2
Is bbts good to use

I saw the beast kingdom megs was like 29 bucks usd plus 13.70 shipping does the 29 usd stay 29 in cdn or is it converted to cdn at checkout I?m planing to use a gift card I got for buying it it?s like fifty bucks cdn can that buy it or will it go over 50 thanks for the help
Overlord2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 11:52 AM   #2
TheSwipe95
TheSwipe95
Re: Is bbts good to use

BBTS is very good.
It stays as usd through checkout. But gets converted on your gift card's or credit card's charge. So it would convert to ~$58 cdn.
TheSwipe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 12:00 PM   #3
Overlord2004
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwipe95 View Post
BBTS is very good.
It stays as usd through checkout. But gets converted on your gift card's or credit card's charge. So it would convert to ~$58 cdn.
Oh that?s over my limit so thanks for the help
Overlord2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 12:01 PM   #4
JonoPrime
Robot Master

I'm not sure if this quite answers your questions but here's a snippet from their FAQ section regarding payments:

"International Payments
We accept orders from most anywhere in the world. All payments must be made in United States Dollars. Your credit card company converts your currency to USD at the time of purchase using the current currency exchange rate. We do not control the exchange rate, nor any foreign transaction fees your issuing bank may charge."

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Help/Payments

You could always just fire them off an email with your inquiry. I'm sure they'd be able to clarify for you

However, I have used them in the past before and every time I got hit with customs fees. Obviously, the size of the order will determine how much you actually have to pay.

For me this was a deal breaker as the currency conversion, shipping costs, and customs fees generally outweighed any deal I felt I was getting. Since then I've waited until products are sighted in Canada, and/or purchase from one of the sponsored retailers on the right-hand side of the page here.

But in your case, with a gift card, purchasing from them is your only option

Best of luck with it, hope you get something you enjoy out of it!
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 12:58 PM   #5
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Good store, but got hit by customs when I used them, and for a US store the shipping was slow, heck, slower than many packages from China I found.

But they do have decent prices for some things, and will have some items that others may not have in stock anymore.

I will hesitate using them if I can find the items elsewhere, because of the custom fees.

But aside that, no complaints
Old 09-09-2022, 02:04 PM   #6
Skorpulator
Armada

Really reliable, but I got hit with customs so often with them that I haven't purchased anything from them in years (5+) now.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 02:58 PM   #7
TheSwipe95
TheSwipe95

I've ordered from them about a dozen times, and only once was a charged customs fees. That one was also about $300 cdn.
TheSwipe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:18 PM   #8
VidzxVega
Generation 2

The day they're not is the day we're all doomed.

Biggest issue I've run into is that they use FedEx (at least on my last order), who have terrible customer service. I see others brining up customs but I've never been dinged.
VidzxVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:59 PM   #9
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Ordered from BBTS a couple times, I think they’re pretty OK
They do more sales/clearance than similar shops, from what I seen

I always shipped to myUSaddress.ca, in Ogdensburg NY
So able to take advantage of the “within US” flat $4 shipping rate, and pick up whenever I pop over there

I’ve never shipped BBTS directly across the border, so never experienced the bad aspects listed above
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 05:42 PM   #10
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Yes, BBTS is fine. Problem is the same as any other US retailer, you will be charged taxes and duty fees. So what you want either better be a really good deal OR simply not affordable/available anywhere north of the border.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote