Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-22-2017, 07:24 AM   #61
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: Grinds my gears!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B13 View Post
The Ignore list, friends... the Ignore list.
Great point
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:05 AM   #62
TRUCKvsGUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79transam View Post
Thank you finally someone that gets it. I am by ni means calling out the seller if I had wanted to do that I would have. Unlike some here I am not a keyboard warrior and dont hide behind my monitor.

Oh? Then where are you, Lawnmower man?

If you go back to the original post I was venting frustration about sellers in general based on my experiemce.

Ummmm no actually it was a specific person...

Calling me out as a bully makes no sense. How am I bullying anyone???

By rallying several boardies to your exaggerated cause, creating a hostile environment that is unlikely for the seller to want to defend his side of the story.

you stated before I was playing vixtim so which is it the vixtim or the bully???

"Playing" victim is the narcissists method to manipulate. Psychology 101

or is it passive aggressive lol "give me your milk money, wait here is my cookies" figure it out and if youve got nothing of validity to add take your flames elsewhere.
Quote:
SEE quote for inserted replies

Anyways, bud, I think you owe this guy an apology. All we've seen so far is accusation, zero proof, contradictory statements and a changing story.

This topic is unfairly about who not to BUY from...

I think it becomes a topic about who not to SELL to...
More like a topic of who to add to one's ignore list. Goodbye.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:30 AM   #63
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
So we should all start a thread for every instance we have buyer's remorse?
Why not?

I figure the purpose of message boards and membership is to discuss things you like and/or dislike, and to share stories and opinions, whether or not one agrees with another's opinion or perspective.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:44 AM   #64
BigWillay
Robot Master

Quote:
SEE quote for inserted replies

Anyways, bud, I think you owe this guy an apology. All we've seen so far is accusation, zero proof, contradictory statements and a changing story.

This topic is unfairly about who not to BUY from...

I think it becomes a topic about who not to SELL to...

I'm still not really sure how I have singled any one individual out....

Here is the OP:-

Sorry if this isn't where I should be posting this, so mods feel free to move if you'd like to appropriate location.

Felt the need to post this, instead of calling the individuals out, so its a little more generic. I don't like drawing attention to members specifically in case its a one off situation.

I understand that we all love this hobby and have different levels of involvement, and I understand that some people are a little more anal in regard to the condition of their figures. That being said... I was a little disappointed this weekend with a few of the figures I picked up and their "cleanliness". I know there are some other members from this board who had similar issues.

My gripe is this..... if you are claiming a figure to be mint... having caked on dust or a thick layer of dust a) is disgusting and shame on you for treating your figure that way b) isn't really mint.... now I get it everyone has their own interpretation, and I'm not saying I'm perfect but I do wipe down all the figures I sell before meeting the other member (I give figures how I would want to receive them) and in the past I know I have sold a figure that was a little dusty, but apologized to the buyer in advance as I didn't have a chance to wipe it down as it was a spur of the moment sell/meet. I did still have the courtesy to apologize and let them know up front that the figure was dusty and would need to be wiped off.

I get it... I am one of those anal people who cleans his figures before I put them back in box, and have my loose stuff stored in ziploc baggies, but some of the condition of stuff that was sold this weekend was just nuts. Again I don't want to call the individuals out cuz I don't think that's fair. The products were great once they were cleaned. But having to clean a figure for 2.5 hrs to get it nice.. just doesn't seem fair. Granted I could have backed out of the deal, but I have been looking for said figure for a while, and didn't realize it was that bad till I got it home to have a good look at it. I'm also a man of my word so won't back out of a deal on the spot, I know I could have but that's not fair either, especially as people are carrying these figures around at the con... again won't mention any names but feedback thread will bring up time wasters.

I guess I just don't understand the lack of pride in peoples figures. The one figure I got I would be embarrassed to sell to someone in the condition I received it. Anyways just my 2 cents....

So that being said, pretty sure those are all general terms, and not specific. So not really picking on anyone as an individual, but I guess I can understand your confusion, despite your 1st post in this thread understanding my gripe. Secondly Lawnmower man lmao... nice reference!!

Third how am I rallying boardies.... everyone on this forum has their ability to post as they see fit, while some members have agreed there have been other's who have not. End of the day don't like what you see move on. But this is certainly not a mob gathering and we aren't carrying torches.

You are correct in that "playing victim' is a narcissistic tendency to manipulate, but last time I checked I was just telling what happened, not trying to get anyone on my side. If anything I've had to defend myself against you.

Furthermore, you state that there is zero proof... my apologies next time I will take pix so as to satisfy asshats such as yourself . As well I have not made any contradictory statements and apologize to you if you feel I have. Lastly I have gone over my posts... thoroughly... and at no point has the story changed lmao. I've explained what caused the time it required for me to clean the figure, but the story has remained the same.

As for your last statement, my reputation on this forum is sparkling. Not once have I got a bad feedback, so if people choose not to buy from me or sell to me that is at their discretion.

With that I bid you adieu and hello to the ignore list!
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:07 PM   #65
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Why not?

I figure the purpose of message boards and membership is to discuss things you like and/or dislike, and to share stories and opinions, whether or not one agrees with another's opinion or perspective.
Well if it starts a flame war is it really constructive?

You wouldn't want to hear about every disappointing chicken sandwich I eat. If you take it up the counter and ask for a new one you'll usually get it. If you throw it at the clerk the cops (mods) get called.

OP has the right to complain, I'm just not a fan of the method
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:11 PM   #66
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:

You wouldn't want to hear about every disappointing chicken sandwich I eat. If you take it up the counter and ask for a new one you'll usually get it. If you throw it at the clerk the cops (mods) get called.

Really, any comment can start a flame war if it hits a hyper-sensitive nerve with someone. I don't think the OP was intending to start a flame war.

I don't know... I like chicken sandwiches, so if there are bad ones out there, I'd likely want to know so I can avoid those places...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:45 PM   #67
BoNKerS
Animated

Quote:

If this were a foodie forum I would love to hear the your feedback/ comment/ opinion/ constructive criticism. Willie shared his opinion, I have no issue with the way he voiced it.

Just say I love buying dusty toys and move on.
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:50 PM   #68
predahank
Storing is hoarding

How did it get to this? lol

On a semi-related topic. I sometimes use air in a can to blow dust of figures. Of course this wouldn't work in the case of OP's caked on dusticles but my question is: Would the chemicals be harmful to the plastic?
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:54 PM   #69
BoNKerS
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post

On a semi-related topic. I sometimes use air in a can to blow dust of figures. Of course this wouldn't work in the case of OP's caked on dusticles but my question is: Would the chemicals be harmful to the plastic?
I dont think there would be any issue. I've been doing it for years and every thing is just fine!
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:24 AM   #70
BigWillay
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post

I use the air cans for light dusting, in wipe down cases it's usually a baby wipe followed by microfiber cloth..... as for the chicken sandwiches when I was eating meat.. couldn't beat the A&W chubby chicken burger!!
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote