Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 11-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #221
dingd0ng
Nexus Maximus
Re: Masterpiece Optimus Prime Released at Canadian Retail

ryceball89 no problem, its good to get stuff at cost and not let the scalpers benefit.

I should of got one for my boss, didn't know he wanted one too. But i have one myself plus MP THundercrack. So i am done. Good luck to anyone else looking, if i see it on toyrus.ca again i will let you all know. ciao
dingd0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #222
silvciv888
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingd0ng View Post
ryceball89 no problem, its good to get stuff at cost and not let the scalpers benefit.

I should of got one for my boss, didn't know he wanted one too. But i have one myself plus MP THundercrack. So i am done. Good luck to anyone else looking, if i see it on toyrus.ca again i will let you all know. ciao
damn. i guess they are all gone? i lost the link damn it
silvciv888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #223
Bountyan
Cybertron

It feels like this past year and a half has been "let's cut short the release of all the toys everyone is looking forward to."

Man, this is frustrating.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #224
ChrisW
Thread Killer

I cannot imagine that Hasbro would think that Optimus frikken' Prime would deserve less of a release than Grimlock or Hot Rod. There's no way we don't see more of these before Xmas. I mean, here in BC MP OP did not last long enough in stores for the general public to even know he existed. It never made it to shelves at any of the BC TRUs. Does that seem like a good marketing strategy to anyone?

Big ticket item for an iconic character in the prime Xmas shopping season? There will be more.

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #225
babbayagga
Generation 2
babbayagga's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave555 View Post
XScargo may come through

perhaps you might be right....if you go to the xscargo site and type in optimus... you do get a hit for 49.99.. no details or picture though. Likely for year of the dragon, I'm guessing.
babbayagga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #226
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountyan View Post
It feels like this past year and a half has been "let's cut short the release of all the toys everyone is looking forward to."

Man, this is frustrating.
What are you talking about?
We got a very limited release of First Edition Voyagers, even more limited release MP Prime, nothing past wave 2 deluxes that weren't more Bumbelbees, wall of yellow not disappearing, Kre-o Blind Packs single release, GDO figs where Wheelie is MIA, hardly any new shi...oh I see what you are saying.

Yeah, it does feel like new things are being forgotten to be released, but not just TF's. Avengers figs got pretty much one set of the new wave with the proper Hawkeye and Scarjo/Widow and Fury, still haven't seen the entire TDKR MM wave 2 line (still need Raz and hoping Wal-mart Canada gets the Gordon Excl) and yeah it does feel like stores aren't buying until old is gone first. That said I get that they want to do that but it doesn't help sell when nothing new is released.
Hell, as far as new goes, for me, just the TMNT stuff and even that is already stale.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #227
isherlock
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
I cannot imagine that Hasbro would think that Optimus frikken' Prime would deserve less of a release than Grimlock or Hot Rod. There's no way we don't see more of these before Xmas. I mean, here in BC MP OP did not last long enough in stores for the general public to even know he existed. It never made it to shelves at any of the BC TRUs. Does that seem like a good marketing strategy to anyone?

Big ticket item for an iconic character in the prime Xmas shopping season? There will be more.
Totally agree, non of our local tru stores displayed the mps, they were usually hidden under the customer service desk and u had to ask if they have it. For those who did not know they existed didnt even had the chance to buy them, unfair was an understatement for the whole situation. I wonder if most employees simply didnt care
isherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #228
deagle7000
Transform!

I imagine the employees bought quite a few of them to resell.
deagle7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #229
Bnz Toy
Generation 2

I wonder if they are actually doing this. I have yet to see a single MP10 at the 3 TRUs that I frequent. I had to get mine at a mark up like many others.

I don't want to further any rumors and I still think it's just the lack of supply and distribution tho.

Bnz Toy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
masterpiece optimus prime