Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #71
mastereh
Generation 2
Re: Big Bad Toy Store and Warbotron Crap

Actually that fb page going down might have been me. I reported them to FB that a personal page is being used for business...

whoops.
mastereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #72
elburrito
Animated

It does seem like Warbo..and BBTS stand to profit from non-warbo retailers' advertising. I wonder what the cost of advertising would have been had Warbo paid the retailers for it? BBTS may be Big, Bad and a Toy Store, but I doubt they had any part in negotiating with other retailers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
BBTS is as guilty as Warbotron in stealing FREE advertising from EVERY OTHER ETAILER!!!!

Deals liek this take time so they both knew what was going on and chose to remain siltent. Why?

How well do you think sales would be if people knew this first hand? How many people WOULD know of this if it were only on BBTS? How would the threads based on this set be if this news was known before hand?

Let's just say the free advertisment that was STOLEN is going to help them a lot.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:07 PM   #73
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Wouldn't it be nice if Warbotron showed up at TFcon?
Old 04-09-2014, 05:19 PM   #74
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus

As someone who was looking forward to this set, I'll admit to being disappointed, though I'm not surprised. Business deals are there to gain an advantage over the competition and/or make money on a daily basis. I'm not surprised this is happening. In fact, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

That being said, I can wait for the figure to be available this summer from Automaton.
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #75
ARCTrooperAlpha
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfarsh View Post
No one is a Saint, but to make a thread dissing an etailer like this, as the OP did, and making fans believe they have to hate BBTS and not use them is a different story. He should have dissed Warbotron and promoted Canadian Business instead!!!
You really don't pay attention, do you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
Respectfully if you read the last line of my original post - i do ask people to support Canadian businesses. I also didnt say hey - hate BBTS; but i am pushing the fact that they are part of the problem. Maybe i didnt articulate it as well as i should have -but i do believe they are a great part of the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
I do believe the name of the thread is "Big Bad Toy Store and Warbotron Crap". Slayback is not pinpointing BBTS, they just happen to be grammatically first (B before W). Slayback was going to be one of the major resellers for this stuff in Canada, so you can understand his temperament. While BBTS did an accepted business practice, it's still ethically somewhat shady, due to the timeframe - last minute. We want to thank you very much for your point of view, and participating in this discussion as a representative for Big Bad Toy Store and we wish you well with your stakes in said Company.
Don't bother talking guys, I think zfarsh's too caught in his/her own hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Walmart has buying power and has destroyed more small businesses than should be allowed, which is why i rarely buy from walmart. In fact, i only toy hunt and when tru gets it in stock, i buy it again and return it to walmart. My recent purchase was the AOE voyagers and deluxe armada screamer and minicon assault team...probably the most I will spend at Walmart for the next 6 to 9 months.
I don't hate BBTS and still buy from them on occasion but I dont like favoritism (aka the money) in any company.
I am glad i didnt preorder Warbotron. I wont ever support them. BBTS does have buying power which I take issue with, but since O rarely order from them, it doesn't affect me. If a company wants to play favoritism to BBTS for dollars,or any company for that matter, I will just not buy the product.
hehe, love your post. Especially about Walmart, last time I bought something there was........lol, when TFP Megatron and Dreadwing came out !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
Yep. People were posting negative feedback on their page about the decision to go with BBTS for all of North America and choice European Companies, so they shut it down in an effort to save what minute reputation they have left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Lol the people have spoken. Well done
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
The only thing left here to make my day...

One of you have to make a petition. LOL
Sweet. Now to move on their email address, and subsequently BBTS. Let's flood their mailboxes !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if Warbotron showed up at TFcon?
yep ! I call dibs on brass knuckles.......cause I like to wear them, cough cough : )
ARCTrooperAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #76
Johnstewling
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastereh View Post
Response recieved from warbotron email:

"Hello
As if we didn't receive orders from Canada, please check, from where you buy, let us know."
Sounds like they are being snide assholes. Also their facebook page that was linked to in this thread is no longer there.

BBTS is right up there with most of the online retailers I don't like to use unless I have too.

I've started looking at places overseas to save money on my TF collecting, many of the US and Canadian Retailers are simply too expensive.
Johnstewling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #77
joshimus
Metroplex

I wish we had more Canadian online retailers that sold a variety of lines. Anyone know a Canadian online site that does more than TF's? I love Automaton dor my TF's but need a source for other things Silver Snail doesn't sell.
I have the Jakks Pacific giant Godzilla on preorder with BBTS but would rather get the figure from a Canadian store, mostly cause shipping, customs and exchange with make a 50.00 us toy closer to 100 if not more.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #78
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Still no petition?
Old 04-09-2014, 07:38 PM   #79
Pascal
Banned

Petition for what?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #80
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Hahahaha!

In these dire times, collectors, especially Transformers collectors, luuurve petitioning for stupid things.

Petition to, hahahaha, distribute to Canada.