Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-09-2014, 11:23 AM   #41
mastereh
Generation 2
Re: Big Bad Toy Store and Warbotron Crap

btw here is their fb page: https://www.facebook.com/botron.war

Feel free to post how unsatisfied you are with them.
mastereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #42
zfarsh
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastereh View Post
btw here is their fb page: https://www.facebook.com/botron.war

Feel free to post how unsatisfied you are with them.
+1, good idea
zfarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #43
zfarsh
Armada

And here is my facebook messege to them, hope other will follow with this and emails too:

"I just wanted to let you know that many Canadians fans are very unhappy that they cant get their products locally because of the exclusivity of one US Etailer only, and many are pulling out of this project because of it. That one Etailer should not be getting the products before everyone else. Pls understand that many fans will stop buying from you because of this reason. I hope you can change this and distribute your first batch to all etailers who have committed to you in the future."
Old 04-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #44
joshimus
Metroplex

Walmart has buying power and has destroyed more small businesses than should be allowed, which is why i rarely buy from walmart. In fact, i only toy hunt and when tru gets it in stock, i buy it again and return it to walmart. My recent purchase was the AOE voyagers and deluxe armada screamer and minicon assault team...probably the most I will spend at Walmart for the next 6 to 9 months.
I don't hate BBTS and still buy from them on occasion but I dont like favoritism (aka the money) in any company.
I am glad i didnt preorder Warbotron. I wont ever support them. BBTS does have buying power which I take issue with, but since O rarely order from them, it doesn't affect me. If a company wants to play favoritism to BBTS for dollars,or any company for that matter, I will just not buy the product.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #45
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Wow, aren't there legalities involved in the States that prevent such business practices? Or am I wrong, I'm pretty sure that holding a monopoly on certain products isn't exactly kosher these days and the Governments are working to protect consumers from certain types of product monopolies. High-End Toy Collectibles might not be that big of a deal to them, but it is still a product that by rights shouldn't involve exclusive monopolies throughout the entirety of North America.

Anybody got a good source for TF Go figures? I mean I've only seen'em at BBTS so... Not sure if I can get them any other way through local businesses and not really thrilled with the thought of having to go hunting for a supplier elsewhere with good prices.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #46
mastereh
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Wow, aren't there legalities involved in the States that prevent such business practices? Or am I wrong, I'm pretty sure that holding a monopoly on certain products isn't exactly kosher these days and the Governments are working to protect consumers from certain types of product monopolies. High-End Toy Collectibles might not be that big of a deal to them, but it is still a product that by rights shouldn't involve exclusive monopolies throughout the entirety of North America.

Anybody got a good source for TF Go figures? I mean I've only seen'em at BBTS so... Not sure if I can get them any other way through local businesses and not really thrilled with the thought of having to go hunting for a supplier elsewhere with good prices.
I believe as long as the exclusiveness is for a short time then it's ok. Look at Apple and their Iphone launches. Back when the first iphone came out they had signed an exclusive agreement in the US with I think AT&T (I could be wrong though)
Old 04-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #47
Megatron75
Alternator

People have a lot of really great ideas here but I think that the only way to really make a point would be by not buying the product. You have to hit them where it hurts...the wallet. Having said that, how many people who wanted the figure would actually willing to do that?
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #48
mastereh
Generation 2

Response recieved from warbotron email:

"Hello
As if we didn't receive orders from Canada, please check, from where you buy, let us know."
Old 04-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #49
zfarsh
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastereh View Post
Response recieved from warbotron email:

"Hello
As if we didn't receive orders from Canada, please check, from where you buy, let us know."

Having trouble understanding what they are saying or what they are implying.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #50
Bruticus
B&K Collectables

If they are saying that they never had any orders from Canada, I know they are not telling the truth.

-----------------------------------------------------
Add B&K Collectables to your Facebook HERE

Follow B&K Collectables on your Twitter HERE

Subscribe to the B&K Collectables' newsletter HERE
------------------------------------------------------
Cybertron.ca Feedback Thread --> http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18760
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote