Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-23-2008, 06:34 PM   #11
-KG-
Kranix
Re: problem with making TF jerseys

Bah, I'm just ranting. From a business point of view the decision is obvious. I just think it's ironic.

You don't have to lie and say it's your own art. The only real issue if finding someone to do it for you. It's only a matter of time.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:55 PM   #12
chisau

does anyone know a jersey making company that's around the GTA area and willing to bend the rules?

Also, I don't want to print the insignia. i want the patch made and Sewn on to a jersey.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:08 PM   #13
Maximus*Prime13
Generation 1

Those jerseys that were out a few years ago were
actually football jerseys. I have the autobot one
myself, even though I don't watch football (If the
game is not played on Ice or a Diamond, I don't
watch it).

I also would like to have my own TF hockey jersey
as well, so I may try the same thing you're doing.
A number of years ago, Silver Snail comic shop in
Downtown Toronto had staff hockey jerseys made up
with their robot mascot, so maybe you could ask
someone there where they had them done.
Maximus*Prime13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:47 PM   #14
Northerncrowe
Generation 2

Our team has old ccm white detroit jerseys with a massive stitched Autobot logo, sewn on numbers. Very classy. Very well done

The base of our away jersey is LA's old black and purple with a big stitched Decepticon logo, custom numbering.

Our name: Instruments of Destruction (tools of powerplay) We get so many compliments from kids and other teams. Since doing it, we've seen Rolling Stone's jerseys etc. It's all personal use, just 8 guys going out and having fun. We would never offer them up for sale.

Someone will do it for you. Keep looking.
Northerncrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:21 PM   #15
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I'd say keep hunting until you find someone who is indifferent on trademarks/copyrights.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:51 AM   #16
bluefrenzy
Generation 2

I know it's a pain in the butt but can you do it yourself? I looked around for awhile to get my goalie helmet painted but ran into the same issue (or the guy wanted WAAAY too much) --> so I looked into painting plastic and did it myself.

Seeing as that you want to get a patch on (vs print), it's probably even easier for you to do it. Go to the local fabric store and look for some good thick polyester or cotton (a denim like material). You might want to get a "background" layer of fabric as well. For example, if you were to do the Decepticon symbol, buy purple fabric for the insignia, and a random white fabric for the "background". Then draw your pattern on to newspaper or whatever as a stencil ... pin that to you fabric. Cut. Sew your insignia onto the background, then in turn sew that onto your jersey.

Check this out
http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.p...wtopic=25&st=0

Last edited by bluefrenzy; 04-24-2008 at 04:58 AM.
bluefrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:23 PM   #17
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefrenzy View Post
I know it's a pain in the butt but can you do it yourself? I looked around for awhile to get my goalie helmet painted but ran into the same issue (or the guy wanted WAAAY too much) --> so I looked into painting plastic and did it myself.

Seeing as that you want to get a patch on (vs print), it's probably even easier for you to do it. Go to the local fabric store and look for some good thick polyester or cotton (a denim like material). You might want to get a "background" layer of fabric as well. For example, if you were to do the Decepticon symbol, buy purple fabric for the insignia, and a random white fabric for the "background". Then draw your pattern on to newspaper or whatever as a stencil ... pin that to you fabric. Cut. Sew your insignia onto the background, then in turn sew that onto your jersey.

Check this out
http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.p...wtopic=25&st=0
WOW! I think you have your answer here.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote