Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-18-2010, 12:49 PM   #51
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: Profile Reasons

Matrix_Holder is a handle I have had since right after we found out aboot the matrix in the real TF movie in 86. I used that handle in any game I played or BBS chat rooms I went on.
The Matrix Holder is "the chosen one"

My avatar is basically me, I edited a "Ryu" character from the old PS puzzle fighter game to look like me, with my decepticon hat, thundercats t shirt , sideburns and beard. Those that know me or saw me at TFCON would agree I think, lol.

My sig pic is that of a Matrix holder, made from a few pics I found online and edited them together to create a bot reaching out from the darkness towards the matrix to
" light our darkest hour"
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #52
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Well, my two hobbies are Transformers and playing ice hockey (just in the local beer leagues). I'm a goalie, so... yeah.

Can't even remember what my avatar is - I think it is one of the board supplied ones.

My user title is because I love the Bayformer designs. Real vehicles, insanely complex, evil, alien looking bots. Love em. They get a fair bit of hate on forums, so I just wanted to put out there that at least one fan loves em!
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #53
Omegatron
Gen 1

Pretty straightforward. Omegatron simply sounded cool and its a combination of two of my favorite G1 characters (no prizes for guessing who they are). I’m surprised it wasn’t taken. I'm a bit of an old fart compared to may TF fans so my avatar is something I whipped up using Windows Paint. It gets the job done though in a minimalist kind of way. The tag is "Gen 1" because hey that's what transformers are all about. Don't have a sig yet, haven't thought of a good one.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:37 PM   #54
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapler View Post
I chose Stapler because that's what I saw on the desk when I was trying to think up a name.

LOL!!!! I love.......Lamp!
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #55
Camaroman2
Better than a Masterpiece

Thanks for posting, remember to say whether or not to start that new thread.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #56
Perceptor
Alternator

The G1 Perceptor is one of my very first TF toys. I have fond memories of that toy, which has since been lost (many moves ago). My avatar is just the pic of the character obviously. Perceptor is kind of suitable for me as I was a science geek in high school (you know the type, physics club and math club ... glasses, nerdy...)
Old 11-18-2010, 08:20 PM   #57
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Oh yeah, forgot to mention--my Avatar is my costume from a Halloween party in 2007...made a bit of a splash with my friends and got lots of kudos, actually.

As for my sig, people will see my desk at work which has a couple of legends and deluxes, and they'll say "Wow, you really have a lot of Transformers" and I'll say "well the box does say collect them all".

If only they knew what my basement looks like.

As for the other thread...go for it, but I'm loving this one!
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:14 PM   #58
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

I wanted a unique username so I combined my favorite character and favorite car: Optimus Prime (a.k.a. Convoy) + Nissan Skyline GTR (R34 V-spec II Nur to be exact, lol). This was years before the Alternity Convoy came out and to my surprise, my name is kinda legit now and not some dumb thing I made up.

My first avatar was just a generic pic of Prime (now my profile pic) and I was going to change it to a pic of Alternity Convoy to match my name, but after seeing Inception, I was compelled to have that spin top as my avatar. I've kept it because I just like the way it looks, the black background of the pic against the grey forum background and the spin top ever so spinning..... and spinning..... Someday I will finally change it to a Convoy pic....

My title is from being born in the mid 80's and my first Transformers memories and toys are of the Generation 2 variety.

And my sig is from a pic I took of the Strike Freedom toy (yes, this is a toy and not a model kit) I have. I just love the way the toy looks with those wings, but the wings make it very heavy and the wings are now stored away. So, the only time I get to see my Strike Freedom in "Full Burst Mode" is in that pic.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:45 PM   #59
TheLogicalProwl
Beast Machine

Argh, nice thread that I joined oh, so, so late.

Anyways, my username is obvious. I am a huge Prowl fan. I wanted to put just Prowl but that user name was taken. So I adapted it. Also, the whole "logical" thing suits me as I am a doctoral student/tutor and spend most of my time with a head buried in a book or writing some article. Gr. And for those who don't know, Prowl's G1 line was "logic was the ultimate weapon". It would be my sig but Prowl_2009 stole it.

My avatar is the G1 picture of Prowl. Pretty simple.

And I never changed my title for the automatic thing that the website generates. I really should and write something funny. Hey ho.
TheLogicalProwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:19 AM   #60
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Tekkaman comes from favorite anime series called Teknoman Blade that was on UPN in the 90's. Since the name Teknoman was often taken on the BBS I was on I opted to use the Japanese spelling. I later added Raiden as the name Tekkaman became more used. Raiden happens to be my favorite god of thunder whose existence I learned about from Mortal Kombat. Surprisingly I was never much of a MK fan as I always preferred Street Fighter. Having recently watched Headmasters I discovered that the trainbots combine to form Raiden.

My profile picture is Tekkaman Blade, I've always intended to create my own but my art skills are lacking.

My phrase comes from the fact that I'm actually old enough to have watched the entire G1 cartoon when it was originally aired (I'm 32).

My signature marks how many infractions I've received since joining this site in 2008. It's actually from an animated gif that shows Tekkamans Voltekka move.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pick, profile, reason, transformers, username