Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 07-05-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Attention All Cybertron.Ca Customisers

I would like to have something added to my collection that I myself am hopelessly incapable of creating. So I was wondering, aside from the cost of the figures needed how much would someone, preferably in Winnipeg, but not being picky. Charge for taking the KO Legends Class Leobreaker, Scourge and Brimstone from Dollarama and turning them into Nemesis Breaker, Cryo-Scourge and Hasbro Accurate Paintjob Brimstone?

My Legends Decepticons could use the boost, I can't understand why Hasbro insists on making more new Autobot molds for Universe/Classics than Decepticon ones. I can't abide an uneven Autobot to Decepticon ratio and personally I' more of a dreamer then a painter. I can come up with the idea, but executing it without any prior experience would be utterly worthless/hopeless.

Of course if nobody's interested then that's ok too, no harm in asking no is there. I do hope the quality of the plastics in those KO figures will stand up to being repainted and not turn brittle or something.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: Attention All Cybertron.Ca Customisers

honestly imho you would be better off using/finding "real versions of cyb. legends leobreaker/leoprime and scourge for using as the donor figures.the plastic and fitting/aligning of the parts on the ko versions is really,really,really bad.but for brimstone you may have to use the ko version as hasbro never did do a legends brimstone.i think the ko makers just downsized and simplified the actual deluxe brimstone mold.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
shotokandragon
Generation 2

PMd
shotokandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #4
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
honestly imho you would be better off using/finding "real versions of cyb. legends leobreaker/leoprime and scourge for using as the donor figures.the plastic and fitting/aligning of the parts on the ko versions is really,really,really bad.but for brimstone you may have to use the ko version as hasbro never did do a legends brimstone.i think the ko makers just downsized and simplified the actual deluxe brimstone mold.
Leo Prime costs way more than the KO and it isn't like these have to use Hasbro made products to be good? Right? I mean the KOs are cheaper, easier to find in certain cases and even if they are cheaply made that's what a KO is all about right? Besides I was thinking I wanted those KOs for my collection anyway, but I'd prefer them to look like actual Transformers so repaints would be nice and all that, as long as they won't break from stress during transformation or anything like that I really don't mind having KOs. I still have my KO Constructicons from Dollarama, even the broken Hook. (I broke him while transforming him the first time, which was a little dissapointing, but seeing as how these KOs don't have any chromed parts I doubt they'd break.) *Crosses fingers*

Er, anyway, that's everything. Right? By the way, anybody even know where to get Legends Class Leobreaker/Scourge the originals? I still need to complete my Cybertron Legends collection and I'm missing Leobreaker, Scourge, Evac, Vector Prime, Red Alert, Hot Shot, Megatron and the two repaints, Optimus Prime and Hot Shot from series 4. Any Hobby shops have these in stock or the flea markets around Winnipeg?