Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-04-2019, 07:00 AM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Soundscream? A Siege packaging error.

I have no idea if this is news, or how to submit news properly through this mysterious, mythical and magical apparent news button but I was curious if anyone has seen this packing error - Siege Starscream in Soundwave's box. I have tried attaching a photo. Before getting on a soapbox and claiming it was a figure change, there are a few important things to note. First, Starscream is still strapped into his plastic clamshell. Secondly, there was only one layer of tape on the box. Thirdly, wave 2 voyagers are just now BARELY trickling in around here and the few stores with them only have 1 or each figure, no more. Fourth, why would anyone switch out a Soundwave for Starscream anyway when Starscream is still sttapped down? Fourth, I have never once seen the old switcheroo nonsense pulled here. The collector community is very small here, such a person would very likely get quickly sniffed out. Fifthlt, and finally, and most telling, I saw both figures removed from the factory sealed box. I'm not saying there definitely wasn't shenanigans but the evidence doesn't support it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190704-081742.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	43947  
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 07:30 AM   #2
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus
Re: Soundscream? A Siege packaging error.

The ghost of starscream?
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:40 AM   #3
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Anything is possible but I would say easily a switch. Starscream has been out for a bit and easier to find during the sales where Soundwave wasn't possibly?
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 10:29 AM   #4
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Anything is possible but I would say easily a switch. Starscream has been out for a bit and easier to find during the sales where Soundwave wasn't possibly?
Did you read what I said? It definitely is not a switch, not unless someone was able to do it with him still tied down in plastic and placed in a factory sealed box. Also, no, voyagers are JUST coming here now for the first time and nowhere has any more than 1 of each figure yet. On average, distribution here has been 3 to 4 months behind everyone else. I hope that trend changes.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 10:41 AM   #5
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Did you read what I said? It definitely is not a switch, not unless someone was able to do it with him still tied down in plastic and placed in a factory sealed box. Also, no, voyagers are JUST coming here now for the first time and nowhere has any more than 1 of each figure yet. On average, distribution here has been 3 to 4 months behind everyone else. I hope that trend changes.
Yes I read exactly what you said. You think it's impossible to do a switch like that? Tape can easily be peeled back and you just switch one clamshell for the other and put the tape back. When I worked retail there was a guy who could do that with Hot Wheels bubble cards and switch them out for Dollarama cars. All I said was that anything is POSSIBLE. Did you READ that part? You posted a question obviously wanting responses and I posted an opinion. You don't like the opinion that's fine but don't insult my intelligence by asking if I READ what you wrote.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:46 AM   #6
Soundwaves
Robot Master

Who cares anyways?

And for those who do, why?
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #7
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post
Who cares anyways?

And for those who do, why?
Apparently the OP did so long as he was right. Whatever helps him sleep at night. I'm out
Old 07-04-2019, 11:36 AM   #8
neevnav
Masterpiece

Definitely not news, as it's likely a one off issue, not a running change or variant or anything.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:40 AM   #9
Pascal
Banned

Switches like that are not uncommon, it has happened before.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:17 PM   #10
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

It happens all of the time and I've seen so many perfect switched figure jobs where you can't tell it'd been switched unless you look at the figure itself. There are some talented Scammers in burlington that make it an art form. It's easy to switch figures that are from the same line and price point as you don't even have to snap the band's that keep them tied, just move the whole shell to the other box and they are the same exact size box. Buy the figure on sale at another shop, Perfect tape work and box work and unless you check the actual figure then they get a new figure. Happens all of the time, 9 times out of 10 it's a switch job.
Soundwave and Starscream have been out here in Canada since March, I got back from Florida where I picked them up at a Walmart there and the day after I got back my local ebgames has 2 of each of them, I've seen at least 20 of them since March. Also they have been readily available online for quite a while now.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 07-04-2019 at 12:26 PM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote