Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #11
RageD
Energon
Re: IDW Fatigue

I just read MTMTE and Regeneration and it seems to work out fine. I follow the core stories without problem.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #12
Ozrein
Stunticon

It was getting too much for me to keep up with, so I bowed out with the 'death' of Optimus issue awhile back. I keep seeing previews of the MTMTE series and like what I see but everything is so interconnected with the mainline storey line I'm hesitant to get back into it because I think I'll get drawn into the whole lot and be inundated with comics again.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #13
RageD
Energon

^ Like I said Above, I just read the Main Line and it's not hard to follow at all.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #14
cybertronianbeast
Beasty

RID and MTMTE are must haves! If you can wait for the spotlights then you'll get them when you eventually buy the figures. ReGeneration One is for a very specific audience, same with Autocracy and Monstrosity. The Beast Hunters (Dinobots) Books are in the same universe as the show, but have almost nothing to do with it. So they can be avoided if necessary.

I personally enjoy them all, but if budgeting is a concern I can always torrent them for free. When it comes to Transformers books, I really like having the individual issues.

cybertronianbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #15
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageD View Post
I just read MTMTE and Regeneration and it seems to work out fine. I follow the core stories without problem.
I'd suggest that IDW intends RID to be a "core story" as well. Nevermind the spotlights adding little details into those core stories.

I think that is where they are tripping up a little. Too many G1 series at one time.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #16
big dawg
Energon

the core IDW stuff (MTMTE and RID) are amazing. I buy those and ReG1 and the odd spotlight but I don't pick up the dinobot/prime stuff as it doesn't relate to the MTMTE or RID story lines. As someone else said, you don't have to buy everything and if someone at your comic shop is putting stuff you didn't ask for in your file just tell them to stop and that you don't want it. My comic guy pulls one of every new TF issue to my file and just asks me if I want it when I grab my file- if I don't he says cool and puts it back on the shelf.
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #17
Robbler
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEZaid View Post
Be patient and wait for the volumes, just don't buy all of the titles.
This.

This is what I did and here's a little tip, buy em from Chapters Indigo. You'll save a hell of a lot more getting them from there than going to the store. I bought RID Volume 2 and 3 from their store and it cost me $48, when I could've bought them from their online store for $30 with free shipping.

I do have a complaint though with IDW. I just read the Megatron Origin last night and I won't go into detail because spoilers and I don't know if anyone plans on reading it, but everything happened so quick because it was only 4 issues. Like changes just happened instantaneously.

To me if you're gonna do an origin story, especially that of a main character, make it longer than 4.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #18
gcuemjj23
Generation 2

Or go on Amazon.ca. They always have deals there and way cheaper than anywhere else.
gcuemjj23 is offline   Reply With Quote