Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-28-2020, 02:59 PM   #11
Undrave
Canadian Slag
Re: Question about R.E.D figures ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
Yes, seen OP, Megz & SW with my own very eyes in person today but I think they were first spotted a week of 2 ago here in Canuckland.
Walmart? TRU? EBX?
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:12 PM   #12
delrue
Crossover

I think all sightings have been Walmart, check the Sightings forums.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 05:13 PM   #13
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
Walmart? TRU? EBX?
Ya Walmart, at least for me.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 05:47 PM   #14
SHCKWAVE
Beast Machine

This series is a Walmart exclusive. I just got all three today from Walmart.ca Last I checked all were still in stock.
SHCKWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 02:58 AM   #15
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
Okay so R.E.D stands for Robot Enhanced Design but what is so "Enhanced" about these figures ?

From what I've seen with my own eyes & heard from others they don't seem that way. Let me know if you have the answer. I'd like to find out & I bet others would too. Thanx in advance.
To answer the original question.

They're kinda made of heavy rubber(?) and they're more like Transformer action figures(?) They're REALLY heavy. Like there's metal inside the rubber. They're pretty toon accurate too. No kibble since they don't transform.

They have lots of joints like head swivel, waist swivel, ankle tilt, ab crunch but odd things, like Optimus can't sit, as an example since his waist piece prevents his legs from going 90 degrees in front. They have some soft clicky joints in the knees and elbows. Optimus and Soundave have chests that open.

I can't really tell how they go together. There are a couple exposed joints but they don't have rivet marks like ARAH arms, smooth on both sides. No screws, no glue marks though they must be glued unless there are internal snaps that hold the parts together. No gaps in the seams either. Very well made these things though my Megatron has a losse ab crunch.

What else? You can swap the hands out. Megatron has one with an energon cube in it for example. Also, the weapons are the same hard rubber rather than the old school hard plastic.

I don't collect a lot of figures other than the Generations TFs and old school Joes so I don't know if this type of material is common but that hard, heavy rubbery stuff is new to me. It FEELS odd, like those remote controls or computer mice with that grippy coating that eventually comes off. But then again they also feel like really hard pink erasers, with painted parts. The old ARAH Joes used a few different materials over time as do the recent Generations TFs and this is stuff is new to me.

I personally really like them. I could care less about the "Transformer" part since I never get rubber wheels on my Autobots. I hope they do tons more of these things. They're expensive but pretty high quality figures.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:39 AM   #16
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post

They're kinda made of heavy rubber(?) and they're more like Transformer action figures(?) They're REALLY heavy. Like there's metal inside the rubber. They're pretty toon accurate too. No kibble since they don't transform.

They have lots of joints like head swivel, waist swivel, ankle tilt, ab crunch but odd things, like Optimus can't sit, as an example since his waist piece prevents his legs from going 90 degrees in front. They have some soft clicky joints in the knees and elbows. Optimus and Soundave have chests that open.

I can't really tell how they go together. There are a couple exposed joints but they don't have rivet marks like ARAH arms, smooth on both sides. No screws, no glue marks though they must be glued unless there are internal snaps that hold the parts together. No gaps in the seams either. Very well made these things though my Megatron has a losse ab crunch.

What else? You can swap the hands out. Megatron has one with an energon cube in it for example. Also, the weapons are the same hard rubber rather than the old school hard plastic.

I don't collect a lot of figures other than the Generations TFs and old school Joes so I don't know if this type of material is common but that hard, heavy rubbery stuff is new to me. It FEELS odd, like those remote controls or computer mice with that grippy coating that eventually comes off. But then again they also feel like really hard pink erasers, with painted parts. The old ARAH Joes used a few different materials over time as do the recent Generations TFs and this is stuff is new to me.

I personally really like them. I could care less about the "Transformer" part since I never get rubber wheels on my Autobots. I hope they do tons more of these things. They're expensive but pretty high quality figures.
Hmmm ..... maybe I'll pick 1 up after all. Thanks for your input.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:26 PM   #17
SHCKWAVE
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post

Excellent review. I personally love them,and I had many doubts based on other peoples views. Glad I took a chance on them.
SHCKWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:51 PM   #18
seancuthbertca
Generation 2

I see Walmart.ca has them now. Does anyone know if they'll be in store eventually too? I'd like to see one in hand before buying.
seancuthbertca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:02 PM   #19
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancuthbertca View Post
I see Walmart.ca has them now. Does anyone know if they'll be in store eventually too? I'd like to see one in hand before buying.

Ive seen them in every walmart ive been too in the last week.
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:09 PM   #20
delrue
Crossover

Yeah I've seen them in all the Walmarts I've been to. Optimus seems to be the one selling out first.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote