Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 07-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
TwinTwistR
OP's windshield scrubber
Old School Ghost Circuit

First of all congrats to Allen; that first place figure is wicked
http://www.shelflifex.com/king-of-customs

This was my entry for the Ghost Circuit contest on Shelflife. This is the first custom I've ever made. I was just happy to get it done in time to enter, so placing 2nd is a very pleasant and unexpected surprise. I've had one other project in the works for over a year, but the contest deadline was the kick in the pants I needed to actually finnish a project.

I put "Old School" in the title because I don't own an airbrush or rotary tool, or any other electrical appliance that I could use in making the figure. It was all done by hand, xacto knives, pliers, hammer, sandpaper, etc - you get the idea. All together it took approximately 140 hours to complete this figure (not including drying times between coats of paint and flat clear coat)

Based on the bio outlined by shelflife I envisioned GC as an orbital cruiser, just waiting far above the turmoil of battle. When he swoops in to claim his spoils he has so much firepower at his disposal that none but the fastest, or biggest, can withstand an assault. But it is when GC sheds his guns and backpack that he is truely to be feared. His mastery of Metallikato is unequalled. He took the idea of becoming one with the sword litterally, opting for blades instead of hands. He has peiced himself together with only the strongest parts and most powerful weapons from fallen prey; and his modifictions are so extensive that no one knows what his original form looked like. His native alt mode is a hovertank. While his Alpha Pack allows him to take any form, his preferred alt mode is that of an interplanetary battle cruiser.

Contributing Bots:
- Darkmount: legs, weapons, and hip ball joints
- Warpath: torso, head, shoulders, weapons
- ROTF Soundwave: arms, swords/wings
- Cyberverse Starscream with Orbital Platform: alpha pack and leg wings/blades
- BFG: Gundam model
- Minicons from: PCC Skyhammer & BIS Cyclonus
- Other weapons from: HFTD Tomahawk, DOTM Hatchet & DOTM Thunderhead.

Hope you enjoy the pics. Comments and criticisms welcome, it's the only way I'll grow as a customizer.

Last edited by TwinTwistR; 07-08-2012 at 09:14 PM.
TwinTwistR is offline   Reply With Quote