Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-16-2020, 12:54 AM   #1
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Shelf display help

I've been using my spare time to dust off and reorganize my shelves, and while I've been doing this, I thought it would be cool to put up a theme shelf with the Lost Light crew while everything is still disorganized.

The problem is, though I have the comics, I haven't gotten around to reading past the first few issues in the Lost Light story.

I went to the page below for a crew list and ohhhh my, it's large. (Which is something no one has ever said to me... sigh)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Lost_Light

Any way, I was wondering if anyone who has read through the series could help me parse out the cast into three categories (Major character, minor character, and background filler) so I can decide which bots I want/need to set aside for the display, while I get off my ass and start reading?

To speed things along, and to make thing simpler, here's the crew list below. I know some of them don't have toys.

Thanks in advance.

Ammo
Animus
Aquabat
Aquafend
Aquastar
Atomizer
Blades
Blaster
Bob
Borer
Boss
Brainstorm
Brawn
Chromedome
Cosmos
Crossblades
Crosscut
Crosshairs
Cyclonus
Deftwing
Dipstick
Doubletap
Drift
Fervor
Fizzle
Flex
Gears
Grapple
Highbrow
Hoist
Hound
Huffer
Hyperion
Inferno
Jackpot
Kindle
Lancet
Landmine
Lockstock
Mainframe
Ore
Perceptor
Pincher
Pipes
Pointblank
Polaris
Powerflash
Powerglide
Rad
Ratchet
Red Alert
Rewind
Rodimus
Rollout
Rung
Shock
Siren
Skater
Slapdash
Smokescreen
Spoke
Sprocket
Steeljaw
Strafe
Sunstreaker
Sureshot
Swerve
Tailgate
Toaster
Toxin
Trailbreaker/Trailcutter
Tripodeca
Turbine
Ultra Magnus/Minimus Ambus
Waverider
Whirl
Xaaron

Ambulon
Dogfight
First Aid
Fortress Maximus
Getaway
Skids

Bluestreak
Broadside
Doublecross
Groove
Grotusque
Hosehead
Hot Spot[2]
Joyride
Megatron
Mirage
Nautica
Nightbeat
Ravage
Repugnus
Riptide
Sky High
Slamdance
Streetwise
Ten
Thunderclash
Tiretread
Velocity

Defensor
Froid
Rook
Sunder
Star Saber

Krok
Crankcase
Flywheels
Misfire
Spinister
Fulcrum
Nickel
Grimlock
Old 10-16-2020, 04:43 AM   #2
Xtreme987
Metroplex
Re: Shelf display help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I know some of them don't have toys.
While I don't buy or read comics too often this brings up a good point. Hasbro needs to do figures of these characters that have never had a toy made of them. I'm tired (& I'm sure some of you are too) of the same figures rehashed over & over again. Really how many versions of OP, BB & Megatron does one need ? After all variety is the spice of life.

Last edited by Xtreme987; 10-16-2020 at 04:50 AM.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 05:08 AM   #3
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
While I don't buy or read comics too often this brings up a good point. Hasbro needs to do figures of these characters that have never had a toy made of them. I'm tired (& I'm sure some of you are too) of the same figures rehashed over & over again. Really how many versions of OP, BB & Megatron does one need ? After all variety is the spice of life.
If this was a year or so ago, I would have shrugged and said, as long as everyone is getting what they want, it doesn't matter. Hasbro can pump out what ever they want.

But now, even a hardcore g1 fan like me is starting to do the raised eyebrow at things, especially when I see the studio series figures. Now they're great and all, and may be some of the best versions of those characters to date, but the rate at which characters are being reused is starting to wear on me.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:16 AM   #4
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
If this was a year or so ago, I would have shrugged and said, as long as everyone is getting what they want, it doesn't matter. Hasbro can pump out what ever they want.

But now, even a hardcore g1 fan like me is starting to do the raised eyebrow at things, especially when I see the studio series figures. Now they're great and all, and may be some of the best versions of those characters to date, but the rate at which characters are being reused is starting to wear on me.
Yes & since the price is going up & up every year for these figures their really isn't a fair benefit to the cost. I'm really considering giving up on TF's & collecting other things that are more affordable because of it.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 10:39 AM   #5
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
Yes & since the price is going up & up every year for these figures their really isn't a fair benefit to the cost. I'm really considering giving up on TF's & collecting other things that are more affordable because of it.
My exit plan is Kingdom, then the new Studio Series for the '86 figures, and that's it. Then it's cherry picking for the best of what's coming next, filling the holes in my MP scale collection, and then maybe focusing on the 6" Gi Joes.