Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 01-09-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
Scaleface
Beast Machine
How will exclusive be handled for TFcon 2014 Chicago?

Just curious - I'd guess that both TFcons in Toronto in July, and 3 months later in Chicago will share exclusives?

Will half the exclusive stock be held for Chicago release? Is there a chance any exclusives will sell out in Toronto and not make it to Chicago.

I wonder how this will effect things like voice plays, when obviously the guest lineup will be different in the two conventions. If you write the voice play to use the people guesting at the July show, will you have the same play in Chicago without the professional voices?

If there is a third party panel in Chicago, will it replay all the old slides from 3 months ago? Will new stuff get announced in the 3 months in between? Seems like stuff comes out so fast these days some items announced in July could be out by October!
Scaleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Re: How will exclusive be handled for TFcon 2014 Chicago?

Lots of announcements to be made isn't there.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #3
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
Just curious - I'd guess that both TFcons in Toronto in July, and 3 months later in Chicago will share exclusives?

Will half the exclusive stock be held for Chicago release? Is there a chance any exclusives will sell out in Toronto and not make it to Chicago.

I wonder how this will effect things like voice plays, when obviously the guest lineup will be different in the two conventions. If you write the voice play to use the people guesting at the July show, will you have the same play in Chicago without the professional voices?

If there is a third party panel in Chicago, will it replay all the old slides from 3 months ago? Will new stuff get announced in the 3 months in between? Seems like stuff comes out so fast these days some items announced in July could be out by October!

It's still too early to determine anything since,despite being the same Staff and everything,TFCon USA is still a 'newborn' Convention.

While I believe that there could be a possibility of exclusives from the July show that hasn't been sold to be passed down to the October one,I firmly think that TFCon Chicago will be treated differently from Toronto:This includes Exclusives,Guests,Script Reading,Panels,etc.

One of the best examples of two Cons being from the same company is FanExpo,which has two shows:One being in Vancouver in April,while there's a Toronto one in August.If you go to both,there's a large difference between the two and not just in attendance alone.Despite being from the same 'family' of people,both Cons are treated differently right down to the posters.

Although it's still early to tell,don't worry about the questions you're asking.It is very likely that both Cons will have different things,and,would be great if you can make both of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #4
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

I have no specific knowledge or answers to your questions.

But I would say I think it's better if people keep their expectations in check. I'm sure TFcon USA will be great, but it'll still need time to mature just like TFcon Canada did. Trying to do everything that TFcon Canada does right off the bat might too ambitious and risky. Better to do a few small things well than many big things poorly.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightscrabbler View Post
I have no specific knowledge or answers to your questions.

But I would say I think it's better if people keep their expectations in check. I'm sure TFcon USA will be great, but it'll still need time to mature just like TFcon Canada did. Trying to do everything that TFcon Canada does right off the bat might too ambitious and risky. Better to do a few small things well than many big things poorly.
Exactly.Newborn Conventions shouldn't be that big,based on not knowing how many people (Aside from TFCon goers from America) will attend.Not only that,budgeting is also a big thing that many new Conventions forget about immediately (The best examples are My Little Pony Conventions that exploded and fizzled due the immense budgets they have in flying Voice Actors from Vancouver/LA alone).Not only do they have to make it affordable to themselves,but to their attendees,guests,space,dealers,etc.

But since,it's TFCon,who has about 12 years of experience under their belt,are aware of this,and are diligent of it.The location for the USA version is well-known for it's Convention circuit (And bigger attendee space than Toronto),Guests from Toronto/New York can attend (While VAs from LA and/or Vancouver is a different hurdle),and already getting itself some attention on social media.While the Con,I believe,will do some success,it would be the safe bet to make the Con smaller than the Toronto one.But who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #6
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Hmmm I wonder if Smegs is pulling a fastone...

TFCON Canada = Transformers Convention
TFCON USA = Team Fortress Convention
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:02 PM   #7
Scaleface
Beast Machine

Honestly the TFcon USA will not only pull from the US based TFcon goers, but also from people who can't get to California for Botcon. This could end up being quite large.

I understand that it would make sense for each convention to have its own things, but since it's the same guys doing it I'd expect them to use the same exclusives, maybe fiction and the same basic panels.

TFcon Canada's attendance may shrink a bit this year without the US attendees.

BTW - If they manage to get it edited by the time TFcon USA 2014 starts, I wouldn't mind buying the DVD of TFcon Canada 2014. Heck, they could even just play a recording of the voice actor plan from Canada at the US TFcon late night. I'm sure people would watch it.

Last edited by Scaleface; 01-10-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #8
Evan
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
BTW - If they manage to get it edited by the time TFcon USA 2014 starts, I wouldn't mind buying the DVD of TFcon Canada 2014. Heck, they could even just play a recording of the voice actor plan from Canada at the US TFcon late night. I'm sure people would watch it.
Not a bad idea. Hmmm....
Old 01-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #9
Beechy
The Veteran.

I heard that TFCon Chicago is getting Orson Wells and Chris Latta.
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:55 PM   #10
Scaleface
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechy View Post
I heard that TFCon Chicago is getting Orson Wells and Chris Latta.
I'll take whoever they can dig up. ;-)