Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 11-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
Scaleface
Beast Machine
tfcon article at Wikialpha.org

As you may know there used to be an article about TFcon on wikipedia.org but some people had it removed for not being notable enough. The good folks at another online wiki-encyclopedia site, wikialpha.org were good enough to host the article. I'm hoping to contine it's develop the page, and add more citations from press to it so we can re-submit it to Wikipedia. Anyone who wants to add some material, or update it (it's missing most of the 2011 information right now), please head over there. The site works nearly the same as Wikipedia, except you do have to be registered to edit at all, but that is done quickly.

http://en.wikialpha.org/wiki/TFcon

I'd like to add a sections on the TFcon fiction (program comics, voice actor plays) and the custom class figures to the article.

Last edited by Scaleface; 11-09-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Scaleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: tfcon article at Wikialpha.org

Well, I'm glad all our work didn't go to complete waste. Thanks for saving that. Needless to say I was pretty annoyed with the Wiki folk and their uneven enforcement of the "rules".

As for the fiction, from this year anyway, you could likely link to Alex Milne's Deviant Art page where all the comic pages appear.

As for resubmitting it to the regualr Wiki, its not worth the effort....unless TFCon can get mentioned once in a regional BBC newspaper.[Insert Sarcasm Icon here] Apparently Canadian newspapers and TV shows, as well as Syndicated programs that span the continent(not to mention TFCon's inclusion of the official DVD's) are not enough to make the convention notable in their extremely twisted little brains.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 11-09-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #3
Scaleface
Beast Machine
Re: tfcon article at Wikialpha.org

BTW - The TFcon article on Wikipedia is up and running. Can you update it at all?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TFcon
Scaleface is offline   Reply With Quote