Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 07-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
FansProject D.I.A. Commander Shipping with Free Extra Goodies

FansProject D.I.A. Commander Shipping with Free Extra Goodies

Category: Universe Classics 2.0

Posted From: TFW2005.COM - Transformers
Old 07-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #2
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: FansProject D.I.A. Commander Shipping with Free Extra Goodies

Is this extra item going to raise the price of the set if the wholesalers are being charged $35 more for the set?
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
hugh_da_man
Armada

It sounds like the changes made to differentiate it from the TFCon commander is what's giving you the $35 increase. Since they normally include different things with each new Commander release (swords, launchers, suitcases, etc) my guess is that the "free" item was already built into the price and the added items and changes to differentiate from the TFCon PC are what's adding the $35 increase at wholesale.

So no one is paying for the free item...they're paying for the fact that the internet blew up and forced FP to make changes to their design.
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh_da_man View Post
It sounds like the changes made to differentiate it from the TFCon commander is what's giving you the $35 increase. Since they normally include different things with each new Commander release (swords, launchers, suitcases, etc) my guess is that the "free" item was already built into the price and the added items and changes to differentiate from the TFCon PC are what's adding the $35 increase at wholesale.

So no one is paying for the free item...they're paying for the fact that the internet blew up and forced FP to make changes to their design.
Red Leader confirmed that the increase was due to that big thread on TFW2005 awhile ago which caused the price increase, lol.

The story behind the price increase is funny. Fans who were not going to buy the DIA Commander cause a uproar about DIA not being different enough to the TFCon Commander. So in trying to make those angry fans happy, who are not buying it, FansProject has to charge those that are, with more money to cover the changes the actual buyers did not ask for, lol.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #5
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Its all FansProject fault this blew up in the first place. you don't make an "exclusive" product and charge an insane amount for something that is not even a full figure...just parts... and release the almost exact same item, with added chrome apps (oohh wow chrome) and not expect people to get the feeling of being taken for an "exclusive " short ride.

all they see is more money for the same thing over and over again.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
onecoin
Banned

Hahaha. This just gets more and more ridiculous.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:47 PM   #7
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
Its all FansProject fault this blew up in the first place.
i am sure there is different side of this whole thing. many people just dont know about it
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
Its all FansProject fault this blew up in the first place. you don't make an "exclusive" product and charge an insane amount for something that is not even a full figure...just parts... and release the almost exact same item, with added chrome apps (oohh wow chrome) and not expect people to get the feeling of being taken for an "exclusive " short ride.

all they see is more money for the same thing over and over again.
Actually, the fault lies with both FansProject and TFCon. As stated by both groups, there was miscommunication. As for charging an "insane" amount, FP sold PC to TFCon for a low price. TFCon added whatever price on top to sell it to fans directly themselves. I'm sure if we saw the break down on who got how much to cover what, the story would be totally different about PC's price at TFCon.

For those not aware, Red Leader got this info about the price increase and freebie from his wholesaler, not FansProject. And it seems the wholesaler is screwing him over on this version. BBTS replied to someone on TFW stating their not aware of the price increase or extras.

Last edited by venksta; 07-07-2009 at 10:17 PM.
venksta is offline   Reply With Quote