Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 05-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #81
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: New TFcon Commander Statement / Universe Divided Lithograph Available to NonAtten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Also, that "all fans are asking for it and deserve it" thing that I read everywhere is stupid. An exclusive is an exclusive and has to stay so. You snooze, you lose. That's life. I missed out on the fantastic 2006 Botcon set, now I would have to sell a kidney to afford it. Entirely my fault.
Whoa.... Voice of reason??? What is that doing here? Well said Pascal, and absosmurfly the truth here.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #82
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!
Re: New TFcon Commander Statement / Universe Divided Lithograph Available to NonAtten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysist View Post
I still think that we need to step back and talk about ways that this kind of situation could be avoided in future. What is being done, is being done. That we know. 2010's TFCon Exclusive still needs to happen and right now we need to face the facts that FP is doing the best Non-Has/Tak TF stuff out there. Do I want them to make another TFCon exclusive, yes. Do I want to see them make some money, yes.

I think that as this is their first exclusive and they had some lessons to learn. TFCon organizers now know that they need a system and Iron Clad contracts. Great! If we had a chance to do this again I still think that we could do a show price, say 160. A second batch is sold through a group buy or Canadian Retailer at mark up. FP still make a set number but make more to deal with the demand. Convention goers get one for pre-registering and are entitled to buy another one at the show. If you didn't pre register then you just get one. At the same time whichever retailer who is selected sells the other batch on their site for slightly more to non-attendees but still having the priority going to Canadian buyers for the duration of the convention. Any remaining are sold worldwide after the weekend.

I really think that this is an amicable way to do this, going forward. Everyone wins and there are no hard feelings.
I dunno. This method doesn't give me the "vibe" of "Oh! We're getting a TFCon exclusive!"

I think people need to realize what an "exclusive" means: very limited run and/or available to select people. You don't see FunPublications going back and catering to the demand for their Botcon stuff. They make an exclusive for Botcon, and that's that. That's how exclusives should work.
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #83
onecoin
Banned

Hasbro still makes the toys though, they own the molds. In this case FunPublications would step into the same role as TFcon, not FP.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #84
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
You don't see FunPublications going back and catering to the demand for their Botcon stuff.
I couldn't help but smile when I read comments from people who own Botcon stuff pretending they wouldn't care if those toys would be released later. Why? They well know it's NEVER going to happen. They just want the damn PC trailer mass-released because they missed out and don't want to pay the current goings price. They're ready to say whatever BS needed to make it happen.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #85
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I couldn't help but smile when I read comments from people who own Botcon stuff pretending they wouldn't care if those toys would be released later. Why? They well know it's NEVER going to happen. They just want the damn PC trailer mass-released because they missed out and don't want to pay the current goings price. They're ready to say whatever BS needed to make it happen.
quoted for truth, there is a lot of it going on, but seeing how fansP is doing the asian release, it's going to be just as much as scalper prices by the time it reaches here anyways lol

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #86
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
Hasbro still makes the toys though, they own the molds. In this case FunPublications would step into the same role as TFcon, not FP.
I may be wrong on this (never really did look into Botcon legalities much), but I was under the impression that FunPublications owned the molds to their exclusive parts. Hasbro makes them, but it's FunPublications that actually owns them (though Hasbro might be the ones hanging onto them or whatnot).
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powered commander, tfcon