Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 05-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #21
BeeBoy29
Alternator
Re: TFcon Statement Regarding the Henkei Commander Set

Thank u for the apology TFcon!! Although you guys should not apologize for this because it was sooo not your fault! Who's fault it was were those boogers at FP :/
An apology from FP themselves would be nice if u ask me.
BeeBoy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #22
hugh_da_man
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBoy29 View Post
Thank u for the apology TFcon!! Although you guys should not apologize for this because it was sooo not your fault! Who's fault it was were those boogers at FP :/
An apology from FP themselves would be nice if u ask me.
They sort of apologized over at TFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FP_Day
First of all THANK YOU for those who supporting us since the beginning and
we are SORRY if we disappoint anyone in anyway.

Re-paint were never our first intention. Every day we receive e-mail asking if
we are/can re-release CJ upgrade kit,CC and PC. We tried to improve our
work every time. People might say/think that we only change a little here
and off we go and have something new to make more money. It take us a long
time to design and do color tuning...etc for every project. Because we are just
a small fans group. We need to pay to have some of the work done for us
and most of the thing cost us starting at the thousand dollar mark. For
example: the plug cover include with SC. No one will display the SC backward.
So which mean "most" people will just leave them in the bag. But if there a chance
which make ONE fan who mind the hole in the back. We will do it and make it prefect.
Being a true fan and collector. We take every small parts carefully.
Another example is the power-cube case which only available with the TFcon
PC. We only included 7 power-cube in the case. WHY? Because in the
instruction booklet one power-cube were use.

For the mold:
Yes, it's destroy. This is between agreement by different party to
prevent counterfeit and to maintain a high quality control. Every project
start new. That's why we are making small to no money for every project.
Even if we make some money, they will all end up for the next project.

Seeing the price goes higher everyday:
We do feel happy in the beginning knowing how much people like our project, But
it upset us more in a way. Not that we should release more in the first
place. Not that we should sell it higher in the first place. It is that
knowing people has to pay more or can no longer afford to enjoy our work.

Please, we are Fansproject. All project are start by Fans for Fans. If
anyone has comment please let us know as we are trying to learn and improve.
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #23
BeeBoy29
Alternator

My bad I did not see that.
BeeBoy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #24
Jeepmanhastj
Beasty

I'm getting a lil peeved at the scenario that TFcon made anyone who wanted an extra one pay for admission with each figure regardless.

Figures should have been sold separate from admission on its own, while still having the choice to combine prices.

I wondered if they were going to come out with a version for the Henkei Prime (the one I actually had at the time) and everyone with almost 100% certainty said - exclusive - no other ones will be made.

I would not have bought the TFCon exclusive if I had known the Henkei PC version was coming out.

The Henkei PC repaint will obviously look weird with a classics Prime if thats the majority out there.
I can see why they (FP) is making them for the Jap market so that they have a version for their HEnkei Primes but they should have been up front to everyone at the TFcon.

Did TFcon never have the idea to ask if FP would reproduce this again when this was all being planned??
First thing I would have asked is "would any other variations of it be made?"
If these molds cost so much to make
even at (say the toy cost $120) $120*500 = $60,000
They must have broke even.

Its not hard to introduce a new plastic colour liquid into these forms.
after the initial TFcon 500 run they probably stopped the machines - put in the new colours and whipped out the next 500 or 1000 or 2000 pieces.

So that said was Henkei Prime available in numbers as great as the Classics Prime?
Jeepmanhastj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #25
hugh_da_man
Armada

Wait a second...can someone from TFCon who dealt with the whole Fans Project thing comment on whether or not they told you about the possibility of making a "japanese" version? What was your response to them? I've heard things that make me question the wording of this TFCon statement.

By the way, after hearing about all the trouble Fans Project went through to get this exclusive for TFCon, I'm kind of surprised by the reactions of a lot of people. Did the TFCon organizers not make note at the con of the extra effort that FP put into getting this exclusive ready in time?
Old 05-12-2009, 11:07 PM   #26
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepmanhastj View Post
I'm getting a lil peeved at the scenario that TFcon made anyone who wanted an extra one pay for admission with each figure regardless.

Figures should have been sold separate from admission on its own, while still having the choice to combine prices.

I wondered if they were going to come out with a version for the Henkei Prime (the one I actually had at the time) and everyone with almost 100% certainty said - exclusive - no other ones will be made.

I would not have bought the TFCon exclusive if I had known the Henkei PC version was coming out.

The Henkei PC repaint will obviously look weird with a classics Prime if thats the majority out there.
I can see why they (FP) is making them for the Jap market so that they have a version for their HEnkei Primes but they should have been up front to everyone at the TFcon.

Did TFcon never have the idea to ask if FP would reproduce this again when this was all being planned??
First thing I would have asked is "would any other variations of it be made?"
If these molds cost so much to make
even at (say the toy cost $120) $120*500 = $60,000
They must have broke even.

Its not hard to introduce a new plastic colour liquid into these forms.
after the initial TFcon 500 run they probably stopped the machines - put in the new colours and whipped out the next 500 or 1000 or 2000 pieces.

So that said was Henkei Prime available in numbers as great as the Classics Prime?
I'm not quite ready to let TFCon off the hook on this, until a full explanation of the contract with FP is made and confirmed, and FP is beyond reprieve as far as I am concerned.

When I heard about the exclusive I was basically disinterested. I was also very skeptical about the "exclusivity" and felt sure another version would show up. I talked about it with several people Friday night at the show. Unsure of whether an armour set could really be worth $160 I inquired with both convention staff and FP staff in no uncertain terms, as to whether the item would ever be re-released in any market under any conditions.

I was handed an unequivical "NO" in every case, and this was at one point backed up with the now infamous "broken mold" comments. As a result, I bought 2 sets, and sold them at cost to people at the show who really wanted them and had missed out. Then I decided a few days later to get one after all, because I wanted to suit up my prime and then see if I liked how it looked. So I never lost out on this at all, but I can understand how anyone who did has every right to be upset.

If either party knew about the upcoming Asia release at that point, their moral and legal responsibility was to clarify the plans and the semi-exclusivity of the armour set. Uttering lies or misleading people to ensure sales are made is the furthest thing from a "for the fans, by the fans" attitude possible and FP DO NOT have the right to do whatever they want when promises are made.

They may have a legal right, depending on their contract (or lack thereof?) with TFCON, so I'd like to hear more about what exactly was agreed on. Legal or not, it's still low and I've lost all respect for FP's claims of being a fan driven non-business, which is a party line they serve all over their site and marketing materials. For the record, I don't want these guys back at the next TFCON.

p.s. According to the FP response over at TFW2005, they are claiming they only decided to do this 2nd release once asian fans complained. This is unacceptable...and also highly unlikely given their claims of broken molds, etc. Further, the people claiming these 2 sets are totally different things, are plain silly. It's the same set, with chrome, end of story. The UM and SC sets are not the same story...they are overall totally different colour schemes, and are for different characters, not just different versions of a character in seperate markets. No one would have bought it at $160 at the show if it was coming out 2 months later for $90 + shipping. At the very least we deserved the right to make up our minds while properly informed.

My 2 cents....james
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #27
Pascal
Banned

True that. If I had known a Henkei version of the trailer was to be released, I would have never traded my CC (no offense dude, you know what I mean! ) and bought that Classics Prime to go with it as I already had Henkei Convoy and only collect Henkei. I would have sold my CC/Magnus set here or on Ebay, bought Henkei PC and used the balance to buy something else.

Last edited by Pascal; 05-13-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:08 AM   #28
Jeepmanhastj
Beasty

Hey faustx, you wrote in not so many words, almost the same thoughts I had in another thread and that I'm having now about this whole issue.
Kinda sad that no official statement that clarifies this "situation" has come to light.
People are probably trying to get their stories straight before they come out and say something concrete about it.

It just burns to know that the efforts alot of people put into going to the TFcon and thinking we had an exclusive piece in their collection has just gone *poof* in a matter of weeks.

Like you said Pascal - I already had the Henkei - would have just bought the Henkei PC and that would be that.
Jeepmanhastj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:17 AM   #29
hugh_da_man
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
True that. If I had known a Henkei version of the trailer was to be released, I would have never traded my CC (no offense dude, you know what I mean! ) and bought that Classics Prime to go with it as I already had Henkei Convoy and only collect Henkei. I would have sold my CC/Magnus set here and on Ebay, bought Henkei PC and used the balance to buy something else.
I'll trade you my MISB CC for your PC

I feel for all the people who would've rather had the Henkei over the TFCon but it's like premium movie figures...I would've rather waited for the premiums but Hasbro would rather I buy two of every mold.

I think people who got the exclusive and want the Henkei are in a prime position though (pun intended). You can probably still easily get $200+ for your PC and rebuy the henkei one at the lower price...you'll probably make money off the deal if you got yours for $160 since a lot of people still want the TFCon one.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:05 AM   #30
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

It is NOT like classics vs. henkei, or premium movie figures at ALL.

Hasbro never promised us at any point that their products were exclusives with special value, or that they would NOT re-release those figures, or offer better paint, or that Takara wouldn't elect to use their Japanese license to do their thing...and in fact, we all know they are businesses with a profit motive and that they will feed us repaints until we refuse to buy them.

Which is exactly why there were skeptics asking legit questions about the topic, who were lied to, or misled, or experienced sins of omission at the very least.

And FP has freely admitted that they changed their mind in their TFW2005 post, so people can get off the "did they really promise anything horse"....they've said they did, and they then went another way when another profit motive appeared.

They can claim "for the fans" all they want now...it's hollow to me...if they really want to do something special for Asia, pick another colour scheme entirely and do it up.

Even better if its really a fans project, and has no profit motive, have them open the books and show us the #s...no harm if they aren't in it for the money right?
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powered commander, tfcon