Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-06-2017, 05:41 PM   #11
Pascal
Banned
Re: No more reason to buy TLK leader Megatron now since KO Voyager is better?

$89.99

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=61291
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:03 PM   #12
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

There are a bunch of reasons for buying the leader instead of the voyager. The voyager is not movie accurate and has more kibble, like those pieces dangling off his hips. Plus, the leader has a better jet mode which shows less robot kibble. The back of the jet for the voyager really doesnt look good. Plus you could wait for a sale and it could come out to a similar price is not a better price. That upscaled voyager wont be cheap.

And finally, supporting KO is supporting theft. At this point, why not just ask, "why pay 75$ for a leader when I could just steal it?"
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:50 PM   #13
Pascal
Banned

I've bought all the official TLK Megatron figs released so far (Legion, Turbo Changer, Titan Changer, Knight Armor, Voyager and Leader), plus the Wei Jang KO. Hasbro made all the money they could with me so far.

Last edited by Pascal; 08-06-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:38 AM   #14
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I've bought all the official TLK Megatron figs released so far (Legion, Turbo Changer, Titan Changer, Knight Armor, Voyager and Leader), plus the Wei Jang KO. Hasbro made all the money they could with me so far.
I support this.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:09 AM   #15
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
I support this.
Ditto on the thumbs up. For me this Megatron is a fantastic design and I can't get enough. I likely won't get the Turbo/Titan Changers or Knight Armor, but I'm sure I'll add the Legion figure down the road to have Legion, Voyager, Leader, and OSKO.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:38 AM   #16
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Pascal, then you should be the better person to tell, between Voyager and Leader, which is a better mold?

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:05 AM   #17
big dawg
Energon

I recently ordered the oversized ko. Couldn't justify the voyager for its cost and the ridiculous fusion cannon on the leader absolutely kills it for me. Also I have no issues buying ko, I do what's best for me, not some faceless corporation. If they want my dollars they need to earn them
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:14 AM   #18
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I said "Why not both?" and got the Leader and the upsize KO (and the original Voyager).
Wow, you really DO like the movie figures! I'm not sold on any TLK figures, ESPECIALLY at the Hasbro price point. Someone would need to convince me that they were significantly better than Generations or NuRid, for instance.

Having said that, the Voyager Megatron does look pretty good...
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:16 AM   #19
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jove View Post
Wow, you really DO like the movie figures! I'm not sold on any TLK figures, ESPECIALLY at the Hasbro price point. Someone would need to convince me that they were significantly better than Generations or NuRid, for instance.

Having said that, the Voyager Megatron does look pretty good...
I'd say they're not Gen/TR level good, but they are as good or even better than NuRiD. IMHO of course.

EXCEPT for rediculous pricing. I refuse to pay full retail gouging for TLK figures, so literally all my Hasbro TLK buys have been on the $20 off or Buy-2-get-1-Free TRU coupons.

Thanks to those coupons I've paid:

$20 for Voyager TLK Megatron
$20 for Voyager Hound
$20 for Voyager Optimus
$55 for Leader Megatron
$12 for deluxe Barricade

Definitely worth $12 a deluxe and $20 a Voyager for me. $55 for Leader is pushing it, but at least makes it the same price as TR Leaders at WalMart are.

Of course for me as a movie toys fan, it's sad I've only bought FIVE figures, and only plan to get a couple more:

- Voyager Scorn
- Voyager Nitro
- Leader Dragonstorm
- deluxe Cogman

And that's it. And I won't pay the inflated MSRP for any of them, so...

9 figures. For a guy who has movie figures taking up a full fifth of my collection, that's a very small movie line.

(Note: I'm not counting the MPM line as TLK, as it is the first 3-movies versions of the characters and not even branded as TLK. I did get MPM Bee and will get MPM Optimus)
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:52 AM   #20
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
Pascal, then you should be the better person to tell, between Voyager and Leader, which is a better mold?
In that order:

-Wei Jang upscaled Voyager (with the added die-cast, wrist rotation and forearm panels, he's close to perfect... headsculpt is spectacular at that size)
-Hasbro Voyager (I especially like the wings wrapping around the legs)
-Hasbro Leader (I don't like the cannon arm, too big)