Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-12-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
chans formers
raff ow roud
another quick question(rotf spoiler possibly?)

this is a quick question for any and all who have bought the new leader class megs.in the idw movie adaptation,megatron is actually a triple changer.is the toy able to actually convert into both the jet and tank mode along with the botmode obviously?i'm still kinda on the fence about picking him up,mostly because i got a sick feeling the moment i do spend the 60 bones on him,hastak will release a "premium" version.but from looking at some of the pics you guys posted,i'm not sure if the jet mode is even possible????is this version actually worth the price???
Old 06-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: another quick question(rotf spoiler possibly?)

Nah the leader only has Tank mode, I'll be interested to see how he transforms into the same jet from the first movie considering his new body...may be off screen transformations or flipping blurred transformations but interesting nevertheless.

I too am personally holding off on buying the leader at a $60 price point....if there isn't a better version down the pipeline I'll just repaint it myself :P

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Pascal
Banned

Movie adaptation #4 shows him transform directly from his Movie 1 jet mode to his Movie 2 tank mode. Pretty weird. I hope we get a toy that can do all 3 modes because the voyager winged tank isn't enough.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:36 PM   #4
Megamould
Dipstick Tapedeck

I don't think there's anyway you could possibly get a decent looking jet mode out of that toy, even if you slapped some wings on him. He's a big blocky mess with a tiny head, one skinny claw arm, and a giant gun arm that doesnt even pivot at the elbow. Very simple transformation. Pretty disappointing for a leader class figure. Even more disappointing when compared to the leader prime. His tank mode looks alright, but I totally regret buying him. Just couldnt help myself!
Megamould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #5
Pascal
Banned

Wouldn't be the first Megatron with a simple transformation... Look at Energon or Armada Megatron... I think you can probably thank Megatron's simplicity for Optimus Prime's complexity/accuracy and Jetfire's size and combinability for the same price... What they saved on Megatron, they put on the other 2. Personally, I think Megatron is pretty cool.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #6
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Nah the leader only has Tank mode, I'll be interested to see how he transforms into the same jet from the first movie considering his new body...may be off screen transformations or flipping blurred transformations but interesting nevertheless.
maybe he'll transform like ratchet somehow and certain parts will just "roll" up to where they need to be
i really gotta stop reading the comics.....they keep gettin my hopes up
Old 06-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
maybe he'll transform like ratchet somehow and certain parts will just "roll" up to where they need to be
i really gotta stop reading the comics.....they keep gettin my hopes up
Well movie one Megs alredy had the "rolling" transformation, and what I like to call panel transformation in his wings. His wings all split up and slit into smaller chunks on his back. You'll see the same thing with Jetfire this film by the looks of things, especially in the cockpit fuselage.

As for the rolling his legs kinda curled up and became the undercarriage and engines. For the toy it was difficult to pull any of that off so the wings just folded back in robot mode and feet went under the wings in jet mode.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #8
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Well movie one Megs alredy had the "rolling" transformation, and what I like to call panel transformation in his wings. His wings all split up and slit into smaller chunks on his back. You'll see the same thing with Jetfire this film by the looks of things, especially in the cockpit fuselage.

As for the rolling his legs kinda curled up and became the undercarriage and engines. For the toy it was difficult to pull any of that off so the wings just folded back in robot mode and feet went under the wings in jet mode.
i cant even count how many times ive seen the first movie and i didnt even notice meg's funny transformation sequence!(guess i'll be watching it again for the 3rd time this week)although there's the same "shifting/rolling" going on at the end of the movie when prime drifts out of the back alley from who know's where
Old 06-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #9
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
i cant even count how many times ive seen the first movie and i didnt even notice meg's funny transformation sequence!(guess i'll be watching it again for the 3rd time this week)although there's the same "shifting/rolling" going on at the end of the movie when prime drifts out of the back alley from who know's where
Well you can see the legs a little better when Megatron transforms back to robot mode and lands infront of Starscream, you see the fire coming out of the bottom of his feet indicating the engine placement.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #10
tusko
Classic

Can the first movie Megs be made into a tank somehow?
Imaginary treads vs. imaginary wings.... the battle begins!
tusko is offline   Reply With Quote