Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #1541
Undrave
Canadian Slag
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

I just plowed right through Rescue Bots in the last few day.

That was a fun show!

Kinda wish Optimus and Bumblebee had been allowed to blast the Morbots with their blasters.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:12 AM   #1542
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
I just plowed right through Rescue Bots in the last few day.

That was a fun show!

Kinda wish Optimus and Bumblebee had been allowed to blast the Morbots with their blasters.
Since I'm not gonna watch the show ever, I'm gonna ask..Why can't they use their blasters to kill the enemies? Is there a better explanation in the show than just Hasbro not wanting any gun violence?
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:21 AM   #1543
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
Since I'm not gonna watch the show ever, I'm gonna ask..Why can't they use their blasters to kill the enemies? Is there a better explanation in the show than just Hasbro not wanting any gun violence?
Oh there isn't, it's just that Bumblebee and Optimus don't use their guns in their short appearances, but they still totally trash the morbots. The Rescue Bots aren't armed for combat so they never do.

I gotta say I like Bumblebee's look in the show and wish there was an articulated version of it available. In fact I like the blockier design in general.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #1544
Pascal
Banned

I've tried to watch the show a few times but never made it through a single episode. Too boring. I haven't watched much of Prime and Beast Hunters either, so maybe I'm just bored with Transformers shows in general. I haven't even watched Animated in full yet. Rescue Bots toys are great though. Very sturdy and fun to transform over and over again. That's the way to go if you want to make cool yet simpler toys. Upscaling Cyberverse toys with cheap plastic doesn't quite cut it.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #1545
anemis
Robot in Disguise

just got my generation metroplex from bbts... HOLY SHIT that thing is HUGE and highly detailled !

my kids are going insane around it lol... one thing i didnt think about is where the hell am i going to put this thing !!

what makes me happy also is the fact that it passed custom without any fees... which at 109.00 declared it,s really rare (in my case anyway) that it passes like that

already painted the guy,s face silver lol.... now to buy another one and modify the living shit out of it lol

anyone else got him ? ( i know protoman got a sdcc version )
what are your thought about it ?
anemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #1546
SMOG
zombicon

Porting over some of the sightings discussion, I have to say that I've hit a lot of Walmarts between here and the East Coast on my recent vacation trip... and it really feels like I'm taking some kind of dimensional wormhole to the exact same barren, desolate toy aisle that I've been seeing in Montreal Walmarts since the spring. It's real sad.

I haven't got Metroplex yet, but I should have one on the way thanks to my 'source'. Where did you get yours, Anemis?

What I'm curious about is this... is it true that the SDCC one has different sound clips than the mass-released ones? I'm getting mixed messages about what exactly this Metroplex has to say.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #1547
Pascal
Banned

Metroplex is a success.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #1548
Abraxys
With full honors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
What I'm curious about is this... is it true that the SDCC one has different sound clips than the mass-released ones? I'm getting mixed messages about what exactly this Metroplex has to say.
Just got back from Boulevard Des Jouets, Metroplex is ERMAGAD! According to those peeps (such friendly guys working there and helpful!) the retail metroplex does not talk. Its apparently only the sdcc one that talks and they are not too sure about the Hong-con exclusive. Bummer, but oh well the toy is great anyways. Hes got only 3 left with a few incoming. Its 150$ in total, and no waiting around, definitely worth it!!

Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #1549
Pascal
Banned

US/SDCC/Takara all have the same sound clips.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #1550
anemis
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
Porting over some of the sightings discussion, I have to say that I've hit a lot of Walmarts between here and the East Coast on my recent vacation trip... and it really feels like I'm taking some kind of dimensional wormhole to the exact same barren, desolate toy aisle that I've been seeing in Montreal Walmarts since the spring. It's real sad.

I haven't got Metroplex yet, but I should have one on the way thanks to my 'source'. Where did you get yours, Anemis?

zmog

got it from BBTS at 109.00... cheapest you can find and has all the sound cilps (8 or 10 if i remember correctly)

he,s a great toy and worth every penny in my opinion.... now i,ll be building miniature autobots to scale so it will look fantastic !
anemis is offline   Reply With Quote