Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-08-2020, 01:28 PM   #2611
AlanG
Generation 1
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Just found out something interesting today about ordering from Amazon. The likelihood of you getting a preorder has nothing to do with when you ordered it but rather if/when the closest Amazon fulfillment warehouse gets their stock. If they don't receive, lose, or damage the stock, Amazon just cancels your order. Nothing to do with timing whatsoever. So even though I ordered the 2-packs on July 17, I may get it much later (or not at all) depending on when my fulfillment centre gets theres. And fulfilment centres aren't even guaranteed to get the stock. This is so different from how I thought they operated and explains why preorders are sometimes cancelled regardless of when you order them. Yes, it is unfair but at least I get it now. Amazon is not a seamless supply chain entity and the management of the individual fulfilment centres play a huge role in when/how/what condition you get your items.
AlanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 01:55 PM   #2612
Wheelwave
Cybertron

My Ironhide and prowl shipped finally!

Nothing
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 01:55 PM   #2613
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Well, that's pretty crummy, but at least we know now...

My terrible luck, Maverick ships yesterday from EB and now Amazon says payment has been declined for Ironhide and Prowl. Really hope my payment goes through before they cancel it.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:56 PM   #2614
DanicusTF(cdn)
Armada

My Prowl and Ironhide are processing!
DanicusTF(cdn) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 04:40 PM   #2615
Saundowaivu
Beasty

I havent received an email but On my order page my Prowl and Ironhide are listed as "Shipping Now" but clicking on tracking it still says "we will email you when we have a new Delivery date"

So...

Cautiously optimistic?
Saundowaivu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 04:53 PM   #2616
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
Just found out something interesting today about ordering from Amazon. The likelihood of you getting a preorder has nothing to do with when you ordered it but rather if/when the closest Amazon fulfillment warehouse gets their stock. If they don't receive, lose, or damage the stock, Amazon just cancels your order. Nothing to do with timing whatsoever. So even though I ordered the 2-packs on July 17, I may get it much later (or not at all) depending on when my fulfillment centre gets theres. And fulfilment centres aren't even guaranteed to get the stock. This is so different from how I thought they operated and explains why preorders are sometimes cancelled regardless of when you order them. Yes, it is unfair but at least I get it now. Amazon is not a seamless supply chain entity and the management of the individual fulfilment centres play a huge role in when/how/what condition you get your items.

This... i PO'd later than most but Calgary has a fulfillment center just outside of town and is a hub for alberta. Guessing people further away from it got theirs canceled because distance = money.
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 05:09 PM   #2617
Wheelwave
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
Well, that's pretty crummy, but at least we know now...

My terrible luck, Maverick ships yesterday from EB and now Amazon says payment has been declined for Ironhide and Prowl. Really hope my payment goes through before they cancel it.
Word of advice. It could be you limit on your card. It will only charge once everything clears. Happened to me once.

Nothing
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 05:10 PM   #2618
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
How many Amazon fulfillment warehouses are there? If I place many preorders for the same item then chances are good they will be assigned to different warehouses and improve my odds?

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs

Last edited by pandaprime; 12-08-2020 at 05:17 PM.
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 05:48 PM   #2619
hupla
Machine War

Holy shit Amazon just shipped my iron hide and prowl
hupla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 05:52 PM   #2620
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
How many Amazon fulfillment warehouses are there? If I place many preorders for the same item then chances are good they will be assigned to different warehouses and improve my odds?

Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote