Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-09-2020, 02:14 PM   #2191
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
I ordered to ship mine to a locker, how can they refuse delivery, other than the courier scamming/stealing.

I've never heard of an Amazon courier stealing though.
From my understanding, it isn't the couriers. But employees at the distribution warehouse moving things around to make it seem as if it was shipped, when in reality it hasn't.

At least from what Matrix Holder has been saying.

I don't think the couriers are the problem, I don't think they're even getting the things.

And it is quite irritating when Amazon uses their own internal courier service to deliver because nobody, not even third party package checking services online, recognizes them as legitimate shipments.

When it's all handled internally it is very easy to completely game the system for folks who are 'in the know', it only takes one or two long term scalpers to get hired as freight people and then bang, instant theft.
Old 11-09-2020, 03:37 PM   #2192
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I am more suspecting people gaming work metrics than theft. Shipping people and companies have to meet strict and difficult metrics for a customer like Amazon. If those can't be met, many people will choose to game the system rather than get in trouble or fired. So maynr they start mucking with tracking info to show more parcels shipped and delivered or customer-refused and throwing boxes with the labels removed into a corner or a lost packages room...

Think about this scenario:

- You are being measured by # packages shipped out on trucks per day from your dept.

- The guys who show up with the trucks fall behind, or are short one truck many days.

- Your boss doesn't want to hear "but but the trucks" because his bosses don't want to hear that because the metrics system back to Amazon doesn't allow for or care about excuses for failure.

- So you either get chewed out, disciplined, or fired OR you peel the tracking labels off some boxes and stick them onto empty padded envelopes instead. You can fit more of those on each truck and this meet your quota. But you keep track of which labels actually go with which boxes (the boxes sit in a corner for a later step).

- But! If customers see this you're going to get found out. So you maybe sign into the system and mark the package (now an empty padded envelope) as "Redirect, Customer refuses delivery".

- that envelope comes back, you peel off (or reprint) the tracking label and stick it back on its box to go back to Amazon so they get the right item back.

- you made quota so now you can pay rent this month, and Amazon can sort out customer complaints.

I made this scenario up but it isn't far fetched. I think this sort of thing is way more likely than Amazon / Couriers stealing TFs. If they were stealing they'd steal iPhones and watches in shipping, not "kids toys" (as they'd see them)

Most damage corporations cause in this world is due to people doing things to meet the people above them's unrealistic demands.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 04:04 PM   #2193
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I am more suspecting people gaming work metrics than theft. Shipping people and companies have to meet strict and difficult metrics for a customer like Amazon. If those can't be met, many people will choose to game the system rather than get in trouble or fired. So maynr they start mucking with tracking info to show more parcels shipped and delivered or customer-refused and throwing boxes with the labels removed into a corner or a lost packages room...

Think about this scenario:

- You are being measured by # packages shipped out on trucks per day from your dept.

- The guys who show up with the trucks fall behind, or are short one truck many days.

- Your boss doesn't want to hear "but but the trucks" because his bosses don't want to hear that because the metrics system back to Amazon doesn't allow for or care about excuses for failure.

- So you either get chewed out, disciplined, or fired OR you peel the tracking labels off some boxes and stick them onto empty padded envelopes instead. You can fit more of those on each truck and this meet your quota. But you keep track of which labels actually go with which boxes (the boxes sit in a corner for a later step).

- But! If customers see this you're going to get found out. So you maybe sign into the system and mark the package (now an empty padded envelope) as "Redirect, Customer refuses delivery".

- that envelope comes back, you peel off (or reprint) the tracking label and stick it back on its box to go back to Amazon so they get the right item back.

- you made quota so now you can pay rent this month, and Amazon can sort out customer complaints.

I made this scenario up but it isn't far fetched. I think this sort of thing is way more likely than Amazon / Couriers stealing TFs. If they were stealing they'd steal iPhones and watches in shipping, not "kids toys" (as they'd see them)

Most damage corporations cause in this world is due to people doing things to meet the people above them's unrealistic demands.
Highly interesting scenario. But it begs the question. Why would Amazon's own delivery service need to do this? I can't speak for everybody, but my item was shipped via Amazon itself and is to be delivered via Amazon itself.

If they're doing all of this crazy behind the system shite just to meet quota on truck loads, that's still perpetuating a type of fraud towards the customers.

Either way you slice it, not legal and not in your favor. Eventually, something has got to give. And it still begs the question, why would Amazon's customer service reps say theft is occurring? Why tell people like Matrix_Holder and the like that they are dealing with a widespread theft issue rather than a logistics issue?

It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. And it sours a lot of customers on ever doing business with Amazon again, and if enough people begin to get fed up with that and tell their extended family and friends to go local and fuck Amazon, who cares about low prices and the like, it could start to damage their bottom line.

Although at this point the only way to truly affect Amazon's bottom line would be a complete collapse of the market value of a dollar.
Old 11-09-2020, 04:06 PM   #2194
Outtsyder
Another 1 Bites The Dust
Cool Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusRocks View Post
I also asked her about Dirge and Ramjet and they're getting stock in from Nov 21-28. So that's some new information there.
For my own curiosity and interest, would this be with .ca or .com? This is primarily because of my own order with .ca for the Conehead Seekers in limbo (like many others here). I'm presuming it's .ca, in which case, digital units crossed.

Creative arts page: Scorpion's Heart Overnight Creations
https://www.facebook.com/ScorpionsHeart.SHOC/

Written works on Archive Of Our Own - ScorpionsHeart
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Sc...ScorpionsHeart

Feedback thread: https://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=33913

"Study the great, and become greater."
- Michael Jackson
"Who are we, if not measured by our impact on others?"
- Carl Sagan
Outtsyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 04:13 PM   #2195
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I think I'm going to be contacting cp24 and global news about this. Let's shine some light on these trash bags that are stealing from us. Hopefully the news outlets can embarrass them enough to fix this shit.
Matrix_Holder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 04:14 PM   #2196
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

Why do people keep thinking Amazon has its own delivery drivers? These are all contracts to third party delivery companies.. some large like FEDEX and some small like Fireball. Its a crap job with low pay that is mostly driving around in your personal car dropping off packages. Think of it like pizza delivery but without the tips.
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 04:21 PM   #2197
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder View Post
Why do people keep thinking Amazon has its own delivery drivers? These are all contracts to third party delivery companies.. some large like FEDEX and some small like Fireball. Its a crap job with low pay that is mostly driving around in your personal car dropping off packages. Think of it like pizza delivery but without the tips.
Because the website says Delivery By Amazon and uses a TBC or whatever number for tracking purposes which is all handled internally. To me that says these are a service by Amazon.

And if that is the case, they should really vet these people better.

I've seen the couriers in their little cars, I have never had any of them NOT deliver something before. They always bring it even if they just dump it on the front porch when we clearly say, all deliveries to the side door.
Old 11-09-2020, 04:26 PM   #2198
RodimusRocks
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outtsyder View Post
For my own curiosity and interest, would this be with .ca or .com? This is primarily because of my own order with .ca for the Conehead Seekers in limbo (like many others here). I'm presuming it's .ca, in which case, digital units crossed.
.ca
RodimusRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 04:27 PM   #2199
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Why do people keep thinking Amazon has its own delivery drivers?
Because when you get the notification it says "Shipped by AMZN" or "Shipped by Canada Post" or "Shipped by Intelcom" or "Shipped by Dynamex" or "Shipped by whoeverthefuck".

Obviously, when someone sees AMZN, among all the others, you expect it to be their own drivers, rather than one of those other companies. We know they are all contracted people, but they are contracted by Amazon, and Amazon is telling us that it's THEM who is sending the parcel, and not these other companies.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 04:37 PM   #2200
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Not sure.
For all of my Amazon orders over the years, not once have I seen a vehicle with an Amazon logo arrive at my residence.
It has always been some type of courier - Canada Post (mail carrier or someone in their personal vehicle with a Canada Post sign), Purolator Courier, or more recently (within the last year or so) Intelcom Courier Canada.
Rarely or never has it been UPS, DHL, or anyone else... maybe for the rare order which was not fulfilled by Amazon.

I also doubt anyone is stealing the packages for re-sale. I haven't seen any listings on ebay (Canada) selling the item. It would also be a lot of work to have to bother to sell them... for what... $100 each? Hardly worth the potential criminal charges.

Stealing all of the same product (in this case, Ratchet/Lifeline) would draw attention. It would be easier to get away with stealing various products.

I imagine it would also draw less attention steal items which are not "Amazon exclusive". Steal Siege Omega. Or Scorponok.

So much of this is impractical for it to be deliberate theft of this specific product (Ratchet/Lifeline).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote