Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old Today, 05:52 PM   #3751
random11
Generation 1
Re: GameStop.ca (formerly EB Games) Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
SSL certificates have nothing to do with your webhost, and you can get them for free from services like Let's Encrypt.
That's actually not quite accurate. Most webhosts either sell or provide SSL certificates (I wont say "all" but... all of them that I've ever dealt with do).

There are also third party SSL providers separate from webhosts... Let's Encrypt being one of them...

However, depending on your webhosting plan, you may not be able to use Let's Encrypt's free SSL certificate very easily. They used to have a list of supported webhosts. And if you were on a host that wouldn't give you support you could still use their certificates in "manual mode" but you would have to manually renew your certificate every 60 days (maybe it was 90 days I honestly forget), anyway... point being... it would be a pain to manage.

That all said, like I said before... the ads and money from forcing affiliate links is probably well enough to cover even the paid certificates if they are on a host that doesn't offer free certificates and don't want to migrate to a different host.
random11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:47 PM   #3752
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

Kind of silly that the gamestop website wouldn't let me pre-order more than 3 Party Wallop in one order so I had to order 2 of them twice in separate transactions to get 4.

Ordering 3 and then ordering another single doesn't work because the single one doesn't hit the $75 free shipping threshold.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:50 PM   #3753
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessKnight View Post
Kind of silly that the gamestop website wouldn't let me pre-order more than 3 Party Wallop in one order so I had to order 2 of them twice in separate transactions to get 4.

Ordering 3 and then ordering another single doesn't work because the single one doesn't hit the $75 free shipping threshold.
Gamestop has a site-wide max quantity of 3 for all items. Occasionally they will put a max of 1 for very popular items.
Philtastic is online now   Reply With Quote