Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-24-2011, 02:18 AM   #31
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Re: TF Classics "The Ultimate Battle" $14.99 at Canadian Tire - sale starts Nov 25

The OP says the 25th, so that'd be Friday.

If this is a regular week long sale, then they'll usually let you apply the discount earlier (usually during the previous week). However, if this is a special sale (such as a weekend or 2/3 day sale which is prolly the case because it was mentioned as such in the thread & because regular deals begin on Thusday), then you'll need to buy it on the actual day or sale & they're not supposed to make exceptions.

Edit - If you're worried about it selling out, you could always pick it up now & then try to get the price adjusted on the weekend if they don't have any left. Worst thing they can say is "no", at which point you say that you'll return it. Then when it's back in their system, you can buy it again. If they don't let you, then they're idiots because they're choosing to lose a sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"

Last edited by Nomad; 11-24-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:35 AM   #32
Dawg88
Generation 1
Re: TF Classics "The Ultimate Battle" $14.99 at Canadian Tire - sale starts Nov 25

sweet gonna check this out at my local candian tire
Old 11-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #33
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Edit - If you're worried about it selling out, you could always pick it up now & then try to get the price adjusted on the weekend if they don't have any left. Worst thing they can say is "no", at which point you say that you'll return it. Then when it's back in their system, you can buy it again. If they don't let you, then they're idiots because they're choosing to lose a sale.
I can't say this is true for every store, but the two local ones I've been at (one newer and big, one older and small) both had tons of this set. When I saw them, I knew I was going to wait until a sale or after the holidays, because there were going to be plenty of extras.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #34
sikkbones
Banned

Yeah theirs a whole wall of these turds at mine.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:23 PM   #35
Janitor
Classic

I'm still on the fence with this one, never cared too much for either molds.

But the price isn't too shabby, especially since my g/f works for CT and iirc she'll get an extra 18% if purchased on her CT Mastercard. She actually saw the flyer and asked me today if I wanted it, hmmm...
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #36
sikkbones
Banned

I am seriously Debating buying this Only because my son would love the megatron.... and my crappy tire is basiclly across the road from me....

has anyone verified if this sale is all week or a three day sale from the flyer?
Old 11-28-2011, 04:49 AM   #37
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Picked these up today & despite sort of looking & feeling like knock offs, I'm not regretting the purchase, and I'm actually liking Prime a lot more than Megatron. I know the alt mode sucks ass, but I like the size & comic accuracy, articulation is decent, and the plastic colour appeals to me quite a bit too. The Megatron isn't bad either, the paint detail on these guys is actually better than a lot of our newer figures, and the arm cannon really wasn't horrible once I got around to a configuration that I liked.

Now as far as how long the sale lasts, I'm guessing it was just for the weekend because the website no longer has it listed at 14.99, but it can't hurt to go there on Monday & ask. Worst case will be that they won't honour the weekend sale because it's not a regular deal discount, but they might be nice & let you buy something that's sure to shelfwarm at 25 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:31 AM   #38
khazano
Generation 1

just bought this set, and I must say, the optimus prime toy that comes in this package is the epitome of a highly polished turd.
khazano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #39
sikkbones
Banned

Yeah, my son will like the robot node but I don't expect it transformed much.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #40
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by khazano View Post
just bought this set, and I must say, the optimus prime toy that comes in this package is the epitome of a highly polished turd.
I'd agree with this, with the addition that it's decent as a Deluxe sized robot. The truck, though...that's just sad. The power punch gimmick is sort of sad, too. Good thing you can turn it off, otherwise Optimus behaves like a spin-pop.

Megatron is a lot better, but the plastic is cheaper. It feels like a knock-off, and I thought I broke the arm off first time I transformed it. I didn't, but boy, I was worried for a minute.

I don't regret the purchase, but I'm not enthusiastic about it, either. Decent Prime robot but a travesty of a transformer. Megatron is mostly good, with a decent transformation and enough paint apps for me to not feel like they skimped on that. They did on the plastic, though.

Worth about $10, I think. Don't pay more than $15, and don't think about it like you're getting two Deluxes for the price.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote